42.86%
Christmas Tree type finals
57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

2007 Singapore Invitational Challenge 2; Marine Parade RCMC

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2002, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Phlim : encouraging reply....nice idea on the hand-outs.

Guess we need more time to work out the details.
Old 02-04-2002, 02:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default 24 Feb Race Update

Latest news, since 23rd is Haji, the building will be closed, so we would most probably lay the track on 22nd night, leave it there on the 23rd and come back to race on the 24th.
Old 02-05-2002, 10:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: 24 Feb Race Update

Words has been going around concerning the high race fee ($30) for the ISTC races. PPl are questioning the absence of the usual lucky draw prize at the end of the race. It is now thought that:

1. No rental cost for the tables and chair at Marine parade CC since it belongs to them

2. No rental cost for the place

3. NO cost for tentage

As such, there should be surplus from the collection of the race fees and thus, should be used to offer as lucky draw prizes.

Will the relevant commitee or person care to throw some comments here?

Originally posted by phlim
Latest news, since 23rd is Haji, the building will be closed, so we would most probably lay the track on 22nd night, leave it there on the 23rd and come back to race on the 24th.
Old 02-06-2002, 01:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Hello HobbyGuy, how are you doing today?

Your queries are not new. However, the events are rather new. For a start there were quite a bit of logistics to purchase, so it isn't accurate that there were surpluses. Then again, we have already pre-empted your views long before, so the last I had a discussion with the committee, we are looking at how to improve the races. Can't say by what means till it is confirm. . Realistically, some measures will be put in place by the March 2002 event.

This is not an official reply because this is not the official channel of communication for Marine Parade RCMC. Officially, the official channels is listed in the member newsletter, if an official answer is sought.

If you are a RCMC member, we will be reducing the race fee to $15.

Last edited by phlim; 02-06-2002 at 01:45 AM.
Old 02-07-2002, 06:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

F1...... hmmm thats my cup of tea... I can finally unleash my F1 driving...LOLz...but beware of road rage from the mad man......
Old 02-07-2002, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Default Tires which work

Dudes,
I was told Sorex 28rs and Yok G2 can work @ the marine parade cc surface. Any other tire choices? Will Express radials work there? Thanks.
Old 02-08-2002, 01:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Cool Status Check

F1: We now got 6 with madman, raygun, Alvin, Fit, Ray, Alana07, 3 more and it will be a go. I will watch this place till the 16th, if we get 9 by then, I'll have a word with Wui Kiat.

KL trip status check - Still Only 2 interests, so this is a no go at all.

Old 02-09-2002, 08:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think you can add Julien Foo in too, Kelvin khng and Ben I am not sure... gotto chk with them...if ao then we got our 9.
Old 02-10-2002, 07:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

CLICK HERE FOR MY CNY GREETING TO EVERYONE

F1: We still have 6 with Julien, madman, raygun, Fit, Ray, Alana07, Alvin emailed that he is out, 3 more and it will be a go. I will watch this place till the 16th.

It's getting awfully quiet here, hope I didn't offend anyone with my posts. If I did, please pardon my ignorance.

Last edited by phlim; 02-10-2002 at 08:09 PM.
Old 02-13-2002, 07:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation BEWARE!

Hi Everyone,

Beware of Con Man

This message is specially posted to you asking you to BEWARE!

Beware of con man! This con man is actively moving around in Hobby Shops, Singapore RC Tracks, and possible "Beside YOU".

This guy would identify himself as a Police Task Force (PTF) and he will try selling handphones to you at a very cheap price. He will ask you to deposit a certain amount into his friend's account or alternatively if you do not have the money, you can trade with him with your most favourite car(s), and that is the end of your money and car(s).

If you are one of the Victim or suspect to be his victim report to the police immediately!

Cheers
Old 02-14-2002, 01:13 AM
Tech Regular

I'd be interested in F-1 racing on the 24th Jan.
Old 02-14-2002, 01:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: BEWARE!

Yeah, his name is Barry I heard. A small but well built guy.

Police ID card can be fake, and this guy is surely a fake. So if you meet him, report to the police and have him arrested.

This is no joke, many ppl have met him and my own friends have been conned.

Originally posted by Spark
Hi Everyone,

Beware of Con Man

This message is specially posted to you asking you to BEWARE!

Beware of con man! This con man is actively moving around in Hobby Shops, Singapore RC Tracks, and possible "Beside YOU".

This guy would identify himself as a Police Task Force (PTF) and he will try selling handphones to you at a very cheap price. He will ask you to deposit a certain amount into his friend's account or alternatively if you do not have the money, you can trade with him with your most favourite car(s), and that is the end of your money and car(s).

If you are one of the Victim or suspect to be his victim report to the police immediately!

Cheers
Old 02-14-2002, 07:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs down Con Man

Yeap you are right! His name is Barry Ng Thiam Hock. Beware of him!

He confront you as a Police Task Force, and yet he is a Malaysian (Malacca).
He can tell you that he has been specially selected to be a a PTF.
Bull Shit!

He claimed that he stays in Tampiness, and he plays brushless motor.

So how many people out there being conned by this "PTF".

I wish he is in Jail now!
Old 02-14-2002, 07:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation Part 2

Wondering any policeman in this site to catch this joker, before conning another victim?
Old 02-15-2002, 01:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Cool 24th Feb 2002 Race

1/10th scale ISTC Electric Cars at the Marine Parade Community Building, sheltered Basketball Court on Level 3. In celebration of our malay community's Hari Raya Haji on 23rd Feb, Saturday, the track will be laid on 22nd Feb, Friday between 7pm and 10pm. The CC is closed on the 23rd. The race will proceed as per normal on 24th Feb, Sunday.

Your support and participation would be most welcomed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.