Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 02:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

One of our local racers has fabricated a solid piece bumper of a similar material and has it available at the LHS for $14.95. It has been working pretty good.
Old 05-17-2002, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by blimey

Aw shoot this one is to easy never mind.

Sydewynder....I got my spare diff ,thanks for your help
blimey do you need another one? I got some more (4 total). Doesn't your son's car need those spares also? Let me know and I'll send them out to you.
Old 05-17-2002, 03:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sydewynder...so far so good.We haven't broke one since we got the spare.I added a couple of extra screws at the back of the shock tower(through the access holes on the shock tower) that are @ 1 1/4" long and screw into the diff cover next to the drive shaft.Also on mine I added a small brace that holds down the shock tower.
As a side note one of our local "fast" guys replaced his screws with button head screws inserted from the inside of the diff case.Just add small nuts and washers to hold down the shock tower! Seems to work well!
As always thanks for looking out for us!
Old 05-18-2002, 04:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Alright...........I've gotta wait till tuesday to get my car from my LHS.....they were out of them yesterday. I bought a Fantom SP12, and was wondering if anyone has run these in a NTC3 yet. This is my first nitro, but I've been racing elec. for awhile now....
Old 05-18-2002, 04:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

......oh yeah...can anyone point me in a direction for some good setups??? Thanks for the help.....
Old 05-18-2002, 02:05 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That's cool Korage...no harm done...

I'll give ya some feedback after I run it, you might be right...
Old 05-18-2002, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

maybe this has been covered,but does anyone have the IRS front bumper....I do,but before i comment,I'd like to see what other opinions are................
Old 05-19-2002, 01:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Kansasracer.
I am one of the local drivers Korgae runs with occasionally and I like the chassis.I feel it has the same flex overall and allows a bit more air thru the chassis.It is eye candy for sure but it is also 6 grams lighter than stock with all screws counter sunk deep.The engine I think sits lower in the chassis cuz of the supplied mounts with the GH kit so CG is not heavily effected altho the roll center may be slightly effected.Some slight shimming for pivot block mounts should more than make up the difference in the roll center tho.I am looking forward to racing with mine but off road has taken it's bite out of me.(Too much on road carpet kinda makes you want dirt)Good luck with your chassis I like mine and I have my stock one still just in case.I have heard of guys bending the stock one from flipping and landing badly but these chassis bends from both chassis must be expected from nasty accidents.
Old 05-19-2002, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

I've got one of Irrgang's front bumpers. This thing is so stiff that I don't know if I'll ever be able to break it. (believe me I'm not going to try) But I did break the kydex bumper in the first race I was in. (Raytona was the race) When I threw the new bumper in I didn't have any problems after that.
Old 05-19-2002, 07:52 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

inferno & flash,

thanks for the opinions on both pieces, looks like I am ordering the irs front piece also!!!!
Old 05-19-2002, 05:17 PM
Tech Adept

Ok I broke two diff cases this weekend. But I did TQ the A so it didnt seem to matter.I have a few ideas on how to fix it so I not to worried.
Old 05-19-2002, 09:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

We updated the NTC3 section with some of the hop-ups we got in last Friday. We also have two new hop-ups we'll add to the website tomorrow.

Thanks

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Old 05-20-2002, 07:15 PM
Tech Initiate

? to all

anybody have a problem with the car pushing out of the corners while getting back on the gas
Old 05-20-2002, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by hobbytownbum
? to all

anybody have a problem with the car pushing out of the corners while getting back on the gas
try softening the front springs....
Old 05-20-2002, 07:36 PM
Tech Initiate

To All: instead of buying the solid rear axle, has anyone tried tightening up the rear diff?? Just curious is all. Also, has anyone tried using the washers under the balls on the steering rack?? If so, what has been the advantage or dis-advantages?? Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.