Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2002, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey mine are all the same too as far as height but is it possible you may have put bot fronts on the right side and both rears on the left?They all look pretty close so you may have them in the wrong places.
Old 04-12-2002, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

So as far as set-ups go is anyone running Ellegi (spelling) foams and if they are what are you using for asphalt?
Old 04-12-2002, 07:12 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ellegi, fast tires (by Mugen) and a couple other brands are all made by Elligi...

I think your safe with any of those...as far as setups, what kind of track are you running on?

I am running mostly fast tires (re-branded Ellegi's) but I have had some luck with the Yokes in the past.
Old 04-12-2002, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Non prepped surfaces but one of the tracks has good smooth surface with high bite and the other is regular parking lot.
Old 04-12-2002, 07:50 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Can't help you, I have always ran foams on prepped surfaces...
Sorry...
Old 04-12-2002, 08:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Mayby it was designed that way to fight torque steer from the shaft!
I really doubt it. There really isn't any torque steer at all, but then again, I run on a high traction track with foam tires. If you hold the NTC3 in your hand and nail the throttle, the car will tilt back (squat). When you hold an electric TC3 with a mod motor and nail the throttle, you can feel the car pull to one side.

I saw nitrorcfan's car today and it was true as daylight. It seems as if the shock tower is cocked giving the right side less caster and the left side more caster. I loosened the shock tower screws and straightened out the shock tower which gave equal amount of caster on both sides. But as soon as you tighten the screws you can see that the shock tower get's tweaked causing the caster to get tweaked. I haven't had a chance to check my car but I'm kinda curious to see if anybody else is having problems.

Normally, I would be a little peved about these little tid bits of poor quality control but this is expected with any car that hits the market...well...almost. The one main exception to that is the Xray. I built many cars and have seen many people do all these mods like shaving and grinding here and there and doing this and that. But with the Xray...everything goes together smoothly and precisely. With the new optional parts out it will be quite a contender on the carpet tracks.
Old 04-12-2002, 08:32 PM

That has to be a mold problem. I just sit down and checked every height and every adjustment and everything is the exact same. Even my shocktowers are the same height. There was a machine problem with the electric TC3 in the begining but it does'nt seem to be in my car. I hope the carbon kit is ok I just bought one. Is everyone having troubles getting spare parts? I have had a oneway on order fo over a month.
Old 04-12-2002, 08:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by bbntc3
That has to be a mold problem. I just sit down and checked every height and every adjustment and everything is the exact same. Even my shocktowers are the same height. There was a machine problem with the electric TC3 in the begining but it does'nt seem to be in my car. I hope the carbon kit is ok I just bought one. Is everyone having troubles getting spare parts? I have had a oneway on order fo over a month.
Our two cars seem fine.

Spares are a bit of a problem.I broke a diff case last week and had a spare but I can't find another one to save my life(for the spare box).I looked locally for even a electric TC3 case but couldn't find that one either.(I think the only difference is the upper bumper mount hole)I guess I will just need to put a couple on back order
Old 04-13-2002, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The electric case and the NTC case are the same now.

as for uneven height arms are your tires equal height? and are the front caster clips evenly spaced? also make sure the front lower arms are in the right place. even though they fit front and rear the fronts have two bosses on them for the blade rollbar. I put the front lowers on the rear at first and didn't notice until I went to put the blade bar on. It shouldn't make a difference but you never know. also check to make sure the rack is straight when you measure it. a little right or left steering alters the height of the hub arms alot because of caster.
Old 04-13-2002, 03:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

I picked up a electric case today but it must have been an older one because it doesn't have the top front bumper screw hole or the rear shock tower mount.I will use it as an "emergency" spare till I get a gas replacement.
Old 04-13-2002, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Like I said earlier maybe ya got the front knuckles on one side of the car and rears on the other side.I don't know if there is a difference in them but they do look as tho they would fit the other side as easily as any other part.
Old 04-13-2002, 06:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Every NTC3 I've checked has the same problem so far. Take the tires off the front of your car. Now get your calibers and measure from the steering knuckle (where the big hole is that the steering linkage gets connected) to the table. My guess is that you'll see between a 2 - 3mm difference from one side to the other. The back knuckles measure the same, however, the front's don't. In some cases you can see it without even measuring it.

I have the left on the left and the right on the right and the caster setting is the same. I've replaced the knuckle, and the shock tower, however, still have the same problem. The bottom A-arms are correct because I have the blade connected to them. The only thing I have changed is the upper A-arm.
Old 04-13-2002, 08:15 PM

I think the problem is where you are measuring this at. You are measuring to a point(the knuckle) that swings in a plane(due to kingpin angle (camber & caster)) that is not parrallel to the plane of the ground or chassis. Depending on your camber, caster and toe or steer angle, the point you are measuring to will go up and down relative to any other plane, such as ground/chassis. Why are you measuring this in the first place?

Last edited by OB42TC3; 04-13-2002 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-14-2002, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

did you verify the downstop settings with a gauge? mine is all good
Old 04-14-2002, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Hey anyone what Tyre setup you running on yers?I run both foam and rubber but I have not been able to find rear traction on an un-prepped asphalt in cold temps with foams.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.