Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whizbang
Quote "Fail ! if you read the speedpassion site, the speedy you mention handles only from 9.5T on 2S (this is what is recomended). 8T with 3S ? what are you running ? ".

Thanks for the reply, checked site & downloaded a manual also. Found that the lowest turn motor for use with the GT2.1 prostock ESC on 3S is 9.5T, but using a motor less than 10.5T with stock software will damage the motor.
I have been using the 8.5T(sensored) motor on 3S with a 60A hobbywing non-sensored ESC, without problem so far (about 90 mins total runtime), so thought a 120A Sensored ESC would be a much better match, (but I dont know how the software works between the 2 of them).

The odd configuration is due to having no track(we use a marked out carpark), club or rules in my location, we just make do with what we have, I guess I was hoping that someone else has used the 8.5T with the prostock speedy with success, but knew it was a long shot!
The key to trying to run that configuration is NO additional timing. try the BLINKY mode and test temps of both the speedo and motor every minute or two to see how they are handling the additional voltage. Since you are running on a non-prepped parking lot, the traction won't be very high. That's a good thing for your test because there will be less loading on the drive system.
If someone you know has a motor dyno, you can adjust the endbell timing to get the current draw as low as possible. now thw motor will be more efficient and the 3rd cell will give you the top end speed you want.
Another alternative would be to buy a 13.5 motor and run with that.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE]The key to trying to run that configuration is NO additional timing. try the BLINKY mode and test temps of both the speedo and motor every minute or two to see how they are handling the additional voltage. Since you are running on a non-prepped parking lot, the traction won't be very high. That's a good thing for your test because there will be less loading on the drive system.
If someone you know has a motor dyno, you can adjust the endbell timing to get the current draw as low as possible. now thw motor will be more efficient and the 3rd cell will give you the top end speed you want.
Another alternative would be to buy a 13.5 motor and run with that. [QUOTE]

Thanks for the help. So, if the temps are low will the setup be OK? I have a Watt meter which I have used to test current draw on the 3S, 8.5T, 60A non-sensored setup, the current draw generally doesnt go above 59Amps, but I have seen it spike at 75A, that's why I decided to upgrade the ESC.
Also if I get a 13.5T motor, will I be able to run the GT2.1PS on 3S with boost & turbo safely (also checking temps regularly)?
Old 07-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=whizbang;10962328][QUOTE]The key to trying to run that configuration is NO additional timing. try the BLINKY mode and test temps of both the speedo and motor every minute or two to see how they are handling the additional voltage. Since you are running on a non-prepped parking lot, the traction won't be very high. That's a good thing for your test because there will be less loading on the drive system.
Another alternative would be to buy a 13.5 motor and run with that.

Thanks for the help. So, if the temps are low will the setup be OK? I have a Watt meter which I have used to test current draw on the 3S, 8.5T, 60A non-sensored setup, the current draw generally doesnt go above 59Amps, but I have seen it spike at 75A, that's why I decided to upgrade the ESC.
Also if I get a 13.5T motor, will I be able to run the GT2.1PS on 3S with boost & turbo safely (also checking temps regularly)?
You should be able to run boost with the 13.5 but a good rule of thumb is to start conservative and check temps frequently to find the right combination.

You're not likely to find much information regarding the use of 3s batteries since most people race and adhere to the rules in place for the most part.
I for one, will be doing some experimenting with 3s for a project car I am building. More about that later...
Old 07-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 5VoltDetonator
Hey I just got a Cirtix Stock Club race + Ultra sportsman 17.5T V3.0 Combo and I don't see anything that talks about setting the low voltage cut off for 2s? Can I set it? Will the voltage cut off by itself? Or will my TC5 go up in flames?
Cirtix ESC voltage cutoff are pre-set, you cannot adjust it, it will cut off once the lipo voltage go low enough.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bdbachus
Do you know when the 64bit Reventon program/driver will be released??

And when any more Reventons will be released??
Originally Posted by Bumpy
And when the Stock1 and Mod1 profiles will be available too.

Also I saw word of some new 4x4 short course motors a few pages back. What's the go there? Very keen to see.
I was told all of the above will be release on August...
Old 07-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
I was told all of the above will be release on August...
Thank you!!
Old 07-17-2012, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Just got a Cirtix stock club race esc, I'm wondering if there is a way to program it without having to hook it up to a PC? For some reason I thought it was a one touch button programmable esc am I wrong?
Old 07-17-2012, 04:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dc661
Just got a Cirtix stock club race esc, I'm wondering if there is a way to program it without having to hook it up to a PC? For some reason I thought it was a one touch button programmable esc am I wrong?
DJ- you don't use a computer for the Citrix speedo's. You use a programming card.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dc661
You will need this....or you can see Steve has one that you can use.

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...PESCPB01&c=OPT
Old 07-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SRW141
DJ- you don't use a computer for the Citrix speedo's. You use a programming card.
Cool, thanks Steve. If you're coming to the TCS race this weekend can you bring it with you I would like to check it out.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Super 7?
Old 07-18-2012, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Dear Speedpassion usa support,

On July 2nd I wrote you an email reguarding overpayment on order 6791, I resent it that email on July 14th, I haven't heard anything back, so I'm asking here. my bank account shows a double payment, think maybe you can check into it and send a refund or maybe let me know if you got those emails
Old 07-20-2012, 05:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I guess maybe I should have asked a gearing question.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hello
I'm looking at the following for my f104x1.
ANybody know if I need sensor cable & capacitor seperately or they r included?
Also any thought would be greatly appreciated.
http://www.speedpassion.net/shop/det...SP000017&c=MTR
http://www.speedpassion.net/shop/det...SP000010&c=ESC

Thank you.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aackjw
Hello
I'm looking at the following for my f104x1.
ANybody know if I need sensor cable & capacitor seperately or they r included?
Also any thought would be greatly appreciated.
http://www.speedpassion.net/shop/det...SP000017&c=MTR
http://www.speedpassion.net/shop/det...SP000010&c=ESC

Thank you.
Typically with speed passion, the motor will come with the sensor harness and the ESC will come with everything else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.