Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 11:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default new updated multi-diff pulley

A couple of post back we were discussing why is it that some of our multi-diff pulleys do not have a notch....I just got this from xray today..

"Dear Gary

I have checked it in our factory and you have the new updated version of the
XRAY Multi-Diff, the hole for the pin on the body of the Multi-Diff has
moved so you can easily remove or put the pin into this Multi-Diff body
without to have a notch on the pulley. Please check it and let me know if
you have this new updated version. Also please be so kind and inform all
other persons that have this new version about it. We will put this info
also on www.teamxray.com"

So I guess the new version don't have that...hehe
Old 06-01-2005, 11:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Guys the belts on our cars are not directional right? I just finished building my car and i've noticed that it makes a clicking sound when I'm rolling the car forward. From the belt rubbing against the teeth on the pulleys. Is that normal?
Old 06-02-2005, 12:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just got my car, got to wait till tomorrow to build it . Even the box seems to have quality

Charles
Old 06-02-2005, 12:38 AM
Tech Master

Just wondering should i file the cell slots to move the battery pack down in the chassis, or should i leave it. My battery packs are all GP3300 if that helps.

Charles
Old 06-02-2005, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by acutts
Under load at full lock I seem to get loads of chatter at the front wheel and can't find the problem??
I have turned the steering down so that it doesn't touch the c-hub at full lock but problem persists ... any ideas??
Thats normal.
Steve at Speedtech wrote a great article about spool maintanence.
I'm assuming it is a spool. If not, you got problems!
It happens with front diffs as well if they are setup tight. But this is rare and mostly only happens with spools.

"One of the first things you may notice when the spool is installed is that when the cars front wheels go from full lock to full lock (full throw left/right to right/left) under acceleration the CVDs will tend to chatter or vibrate extensively.* This is commonly a function of the CVDs inability to compensate for the drastic angle.* CVDs operating angles vary from manufacturer and some will chatter and some will not.* There are two ways to limit the steering to minimize this effect and ideally should be used together."

Full Article At:
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...?page=article9
Old 06-02-2005, 09:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

I didn't file anything nor put CA glue around the chasis...couldn't stand to do that because the chasis looks so nice the way it is....hehe...I did that on my evo IV and I thought it looked like shiat....

Anybody got an answer regarding my belt question? Does it make clicking noises when you roll you car forward? Are they directional?
Old 06-02-2005, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by loosenut
Anybody got an answer regarding my belt question? Does it make clicking noises when you roll you car forward? Are they directional?
The belts should be able to run in both directions regardless. It may be something else Gary that is causing the clicking noise.

Drove my car last night for the first time and it felt pretty good even though we didn't spray anything on the surface. I didn't even check the settings and relied on the factory settings from the manual. I did play with shock positions, but the car felt pretty good. Everything on the car ( camber, front toe, roll-center, etc..... ) was in the stock settings. It can only get better from here once I start changing settings for the track and track conditions.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

I've got the same problem but only since last week
The 'clicking' is coming from the rear somewhere! but I cant find where.
I've checked all the pulleys, spur and pinion and I still cant find why
Old 06-02-2005, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i have a click in my 04 as well. i took apart the front diff and it was spotless, so its not there. I get the feeling its the layshaft
Old 06-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

I didn't file anything nor put CA glue around the chasis...couldn't stand to do that because the chasis looks so nice the way it is....hehe...I did that on my evo IV and I thought it looked like shiat....
CA'ing does nothing but good for your chassis and other CG parts. The CA helps to seal the edges preventing splintering and separation. It also helps with preventing the countersunk screws from 'sticking'. It is simple to do, and for the 5 minutes it takes during assembly its more than worth it.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

As far as the chassis, I sanded and put ca glue on it and it came out awesome. Well worth it. One guy at my local track has the same car and didn't do it and once he came over and looked at mine all done he slid his finger across it and he said "wow thats so smooth" He was so jealous.

And with that clicking sound make sure you put the differential height adjustments in correctly. Pretty much just look at the diff and see if its straight. If its not there is your problem.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

the clicking is coming from the layshaft pins that hold the pully gears in place. to make sure this is it take your layshaft out and shake it not too hard or it wont do it. if it makes the noise just pull it apart and put some grease in the slots and wala fixed. hope this helps
Old 06-02-2005, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

Yup, its the layshaft... have mine out right now (am replacing spur) mine clicks as it rotates, not a big deal at all...

The pins holding the two gears are slightly smaller than the holes in the shaft and shorter than the slots in the gears, so they shift as the shaft turns. Under load I doubt they move at all.

Last edited by MartynD; 06-02-2005 at 03:07 PM.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I got my car three weeks ago. Ran last night for the second time for practice and tried the spool. Didn't like it for our indoor asphalt. It did chatter alot.

I couldn't believe how my lap times got faster. My fastest time with my TC3 was 12.433 and I turned a couple 11.9's and 12 flats yesterday.

The car is awesome.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

For asphalt races...do you guys run the car with a locked multi-diff ?

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.