Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Bartlett
Chances are if it was always that way.. there is a "chance" it was left out ( I guess) 3wd? not likely.. all the power more than likely went to the dogbone that had no resistance (meaning your pinless one) I'd strongly recomend that you inspect the front diff for cookin of the oil but thats just me being on the precautionary side. Pins? well if I remember when I lost one of mine I used on of the roll pins out of a ae shortcourse truck. Which one exactly? I dont remember. If whatever you use doesnt quite match the same thickness try not to run it very long.. you could damage your hex or axle shaft from the slop specially on asphalt

It has always been that way, i know due to I went to check the wheel nuts the other day and I noticed that the front wheel when i tried to tighten the nut the whole shaft turned which it should not have.

Losi forgot to put the pin in plain and simple, The truck has not even been ran hard yet, Has not seen the track and has not even seen a jump higher than a foot off the ground.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

just wanted to give an update on my diffs. ive had the truck since day 1 and chris pins installed after 1 night of racing. ive run indoors and out for few months now. only problem ive come across is the large shims behind the sun gears have worn pretty severe. no damage/wear anywhere else that i see. i had reseal kits on hand that came w/ new shims and pins so installed those when i refilled the diffs and installed the lightened outdrives. so i cant complain too much at this point. rest of the truck has been flawless!!!! i am runnin castle 1410 and mmp fyi
Old 06-30-2011, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liftedcj7on44s
It has always been that way, i know due to I went to check the wheel nuts the other day and I noticed that the front wheel when i tried to tighten the nut the whole shaft turned which it should not have.

Losi forgot to put the pin in plain and simple, The truck has not even been ran hard yet, Has not seen the track and has not even seen a jump higher than a foot off the ground.
OMG, nobody cares, throw a pin in there and run it. Call horizon hobbies, they will ship you your pin for free.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jstall7543
OMG, nobody cares, throw a pin in there and run it. Call horizon hobbies, they will ship you your pin for free.

WTF is your problem?
Old 06-30-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I believe you! this aint no arguement If I lost one the first time I removed a wheel.. im sure the employee may have had one fall out when he installed the rim. How he was able to tighten the wheel nut without putin a plier on the shaft due to the resistance of the locknut it beyond me.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jeff Bartlett
I believe you! this aint no arguement If I lost one the first time I removed a wheel.. im sure the employee may have had one fall out when he installed the rim. How he was able to tighten the wheel nut without putin a plier on the shaft due to the resistance of the locknut it beyond me.
Not arguing with you sir. Just stating the fact that it was never in there. It is not possible for it to fall out unless the wheel basically falls out.

All my other pins are there like they should be. That is what happened to me 2 days ago when I tried to tighten up the wheel the whole shaft spun on me.

At any rate I will get it fixed tomorrow and carry on about my business and if I have more trouble I just wont post it here since I obviously dont know what I am doing. Not talking about you either.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What all pins can I use?

If I have too I will cut down an allen wrench.

So basically the whole time I have been running on 3WD.

The pin I am talking about is the one if you take the wheel off and pull the 12mm hex off it goes in the shaft there.

I have never had the wheels off since I got the truck so this means that Losi never put one in it.

No wonder my truck has seemed slow. Losi owes me a pin.
Traxxas has some pins that are the correct size... dont know the part number
Old 06-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Not arguing with you sir. Just stating the fact that it was never in there. It is not possible for it to fall out unless the wheel basically falls out.

All my other pins are there like they should be. That is what happened to me 2 days ago when I tried to tighten up the wheel the whole shaft spun on me.

At any rate I will get it fixed tomorrow and carry on about my business and if I have more trouble I just wont post it here since I obviously dont know what I am doing. Not talking about you either.
ok.. good luck with her! Hope I could help. Im proud of myself.. once things go off topic like a debate between career women and stay at home mom debates.. I BAIL OUT!
Old 06-30-2011, 07:12 PM
SDR
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Okay, either my search skills suck or I can't read, but I can't find what all is required to change a Ten-T over to a SCTE parts wise. I've got 2 of these ten-t's and they are fun, but the local track isn't running 1/10th truggy's so, I'm going to try to switch one of them over to the SCTE setup if I can figure out what parts are needed. Thanks!
Old 06-30-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Regular

What all pins can I use?

If I have too I will cut down an allen wrench.

So basically the whole time I have been running on 3WD.

The pin I am talking about is the one if you take the wheel off and pull the 12mm hex off it goes in the shaft there.

I have never had the wheels off since I got the truck so this means that Losi never put one in it.

No wonder my truck has seemed slow. Losi owes me a pin.
I had the same thing happen to me. I was lucky & noticed it b4 I ran it. The LHS was nice enough to find some guys who had a spare. I assume mine was built on a Friday
Old 06-30-2011, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SDR
Okay, either my search skills suck or I can't read, but I can't find what all is required to change a Ten-T over to a SCTE parts wise. I've got 2 of these ten-t's and they are fun, but the local track isn't running 1/10th truggy's so, I'm going to try to switch one of them over to the SCTE setup if I can figure out what parts are needed. Thanks!
bumpers, chassis, rear driveshaft, wheel axles, wheels and tires, center diff mount and motor mount, mud guards, body mounts and I'm sure there are more things I can't think of.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mavrick0
bumpers, chassis, rear driveshaft, wheel axles, wheels and tires, center diff mount and motor mount, mud guards, body mounts and I'm sure there are more things I can't think of.
and a new body
Old 06-30-2011, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (98%+)

Broke down ordered a BCE Chassie quess well see how it works
Old 06-30-2011, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

WTF is your problem?
i would guess, at least, a minor case of sandy vag...
Old 06-30-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Umm, I found my issue. There is no pin in the left front dogbone where the wheel goes on, LOL WTF?
hey man i understand you lost a pin, but it could of been worst.

pin is cheaper than a 10 dollar axles especially when i had to replace 3 lol

Originally Posted by bigjerry
Broke down ordered a BCE Chassie quess well see how it works
you'll like it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.