Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The stock cap should be found and put back on. The cap however was not the likely cause.

I would be looking at your sensor harness for frayed wires, loose battery connections,etc.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ok will check wiring.

Thanks for the replies
Old 04-21-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. MR4
Hi,

Yesterday during a race (1/10 TC 2s) the speedo (RS Pro) shut down for a few seconds, and then got going again and was fine for the rest of the race.

In another race sometimes the turbo & boost seemed to be struggling to kick in after 3 minutes of running.

Could this be a blown capacitor or do I just have to factory reset the speedo?

Thanks
A factory reset did it for me. I checked all my wires, cap and sensor wire... but it was the reset that stopped the turbo cutting out intermittently after 3 mins or so.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Check all solder joints too. A friend had a problem with his RS last night that turned out to be a poor solder joint on the RS post that was about to give out.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Checked solder joints and they seem fine. Did a factory reset and changed the sensor cable.

Thanks for the tips guys. Much appreciated
Old 04-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What will cause the cap to blow up? Last night running RS pro with Trinty duo 3 with blinking mode and change to TP 3. In the beginning motor started to humming then all the sudden the cap blow up. The timing on motor around +4.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

surge under a load,make sure there is nothing binding the drive train
Old 04-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by spu83
What will cause the cap to blow up? Last night running RS pro with Trinty duo 3 with blinking mode and change to TP 3. In the beginning motor started to humming then all the sudden the cap blow up. The timing on motor around +4.
Motor was humming? This means you may have had your throttle trimmed up somehow?

The motor should never hum while sitting there.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default couldnt resist

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Sure, and we have. However we're not going to be held liable for such a program.

Sorry guys but you must think a LOT bigger when it comes to this subject. There are a lot of factors when dealing with someone else's product working with yours....
This is totally true for apple iphones... with apple making such integration hard (if not impossible) unless the phone is jail broken.... having to build something that is only going to work on phones that are jail broken is working a small percentage... those with jail broken phones have obviously accepted that their phone could be bricked.... but to justify the costs of development it would really have to work on all iphone to be viable, and the backlash when someone does brick their phone would scare off others quickly...

for Android phones/devices on the other hand, there is no real issue. getting an android phone to talk to the Tekin hotwire is only a couple hours of work... and with knowledge of what you need to say to the hotwire (using ported code from the existing windows app)... a couple of days effort should be enough to bang out a working app, add to that some testing time and a short closed beta, and 1000s of happy customers could sell their crazy windows netbooks and buy another RS!

even an amature could hack this $h!t together with the right information! roflmao...

-b
Old 04-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Motor was humming? This means you may have had your throttle trimmed up somehow?

The motor should never hum while sitting there.
The motor started humming when I half throttle it. When I gun it the cap just blown. The drive tran was smooth nothing was binding. After the cap blown everything return to normal but I won't run it until I replace the cap. Better safe than sorry.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:20 PM
Team Tekin

Ok, it sounded different the first time.

If you can't find the stock cap pick up a 16v 1000uf cap as Jamie suggested.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Tech Adept

Unhappy rs toubles

rs keeps flashing 1267 wrong motor selected. tried all three brushless set ups.nothing different motor and sensor wire out of an other vehicle the speedo came from that prior was working fine.nothing.resoddered all wires speedo and motor nothing.did notice every time resetting speedo each time speedo beeped for nuetral full throttle and reverse.the motor would try to turn.icould feel a slight movement.any advise as i hate having to send in beeing it was bought in november raced once then sat till end of march and raced only 3race days since.thanks for all advise.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:36 AM
Team Tekin

1s 2s? What type of car?
Old 04-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

Angry

Originally Posted by olegeezer
rs keeps flashing 1267 wrong motor selected. tried all three brushless set ups.nothing different motor and sensor wire out of an other vehicle the speedo came from that prior was working fine.nothing.resoddered all wires speedo and motor nothing.did notice every time resetting speedo each time speedo beeped for nuetral full throttle and reverse.the motor would try to turn.icould feel a slight movement.any advise as i hate having to send in beeing it was bought in november raced once then sat till end of march and raced only 3race days since.thanks for all advise.
runinng 2s sc lrp10.5 indoor carpet offroad.7mn heats and mains
Old 04-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Can't find neutral

Apologies if this has been asked before...
I have a Sanwa Super Exzes transmitter fitted with a Spektrum 2.4 module. The receiver is Spektrum. This setup has worked with Novak, LRP, Hobbywing etc over the years. Servo is Futaba 9550.
I installed a brand new RS speedo, connected to a Novak ballistic 17.5 motor. During the setup it could not find neutral - lights kept flashing.
Tried a different receiver, then a different 2.4 transmitter module then a spare Exzes transmitter. Still no neutral.
Tried my sons Super Exzes with a Spektrum 2.4 module, found neutral straight away!
I really don't want to buy a new transmitter. Any ideas?
Don

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.