Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

The SCTE 2.0 diff cup does not need the shims. I assume if you pulled the PDF for the manual on the 2.0 it would give you the exploded view you need.

As for what to put in the diffs, I would never build one with grease, you are better off tune it for your traction you are on and how you want to come out of the turns.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:54 AM
blf
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by lbenton
The SCTE 2.0 diff cup does not need the shims. I assume if you pulled the PDF for the manual on the 2.0 it would give you the exploded view you need.

As for what to put in the diffs, I would never build one with grease, you are better off tune it for your traction you are on and how you want to come out of the turns.
Sounds good - I will use 5k 5k and 3k respectively
Old 08-13-2014, 09:27 AM
dtr
Tech Master

You will also need
3x Losi Differential Seals w/Gasket & Hardware for the pins that attach the sun gear to the outdrive, 1x spur gear and one each of the front and rear ring and pinion set.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:52 AM
blf
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dtr
You will also need
3x Losi Differential Seals w/Gasket & Hardware for the pins that attach the sun gear to the outdrive, 1x spur gear and one each of the front and rear ring and pinion set.
I ordered 3 x Losi Differential Gear Set w/Hardware (Ten-T) (LOSB3569)...wont that have the pins & the ring/pinion for front/rear? Do you know the part # for the Spur gear? Is that just 1 item? Looks like its a different Spur for the Front/center and rear?
Old 08-13-2014, 09:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blf
Hey Guys --- thanks for all the help so far on this truck! Expecting the 1.0 Roller (new) on Monday & ordered:

3 x HD Diff Cases
2 x Front/Rear HD Lightened Outdrives
1 x Center HD Lightened Outdrives
3 x Diff Gears/Hardware sets
2x HPI 2.5x12mm screws everyone recommends
Even front and rear gear boxes

With the above, and diff oil/grease of course, can I FULLY build each of these "HD" diffs off the truck THEN just swap them out fully assembled with the outdrives on and all???

Thanks - I may not be racing right away with it so I may just keep the grease in there and run it for a bit. But would like to change to oil/HD Cases & Outdrives for durability.

Also, am I hearing right that you don't need those tiny metal washers with these new HD cases? Just hoping there is good exploded view of the diff assembly!
If you are not racing right away, then good idea to not bother switching out everything just yet.

Another thing I would advise is wait to change out the HD Lightened Outdrives. I also bought the HD stuff when I got my new SCTE, but decided to use-up the existing outdrives first. Over 1.5 years of light racing (once or twice per month) and they are finally starting to get to the point where I want to change them next rebuild... But hey, I got an extra year out of them than I would have had I changed them right away...
Old 08-13-2014, 10:39 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by blf
I ordered 3 x Losi Differential Gear Set w/Hardware (Ten-T) (LOSB3569)...wont that have the pins & the ring/pinion for front/rear? Do you know the part # for the Spur gear? Is that just 1 item? Looks like its a different Spur for the Front/center and rear?
AFAIK losb3569 only has the internal diff gears, not the ring gears. they also only contain the cross pins and not the outdrive pins.
Stock spur is losb3436, front ring gear&pinion is losb3571, rear is losb3572.
Ring gears are somewhat similar to the spur, but both are metal and crown gears.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I just rebuilt my diffs with HD cases, new internals & 5/5/3 oil. They're STILL leaking. I rebuilt the rear one AGAIN, didn't even run the truck, and there are now oily spots on the bottom of the case, which I noticed when I took off my rear bumper. I followed Adam Drake's rebuild video, making sure there wasn't too much oil in the housing...
I even picked up the HPI screws, which unlike the crap Losi screws, you can actually cinch all the way down.

What am I doing wrong?
Old 08-13-2014, 11:18 AM
blf
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by lobuzz311
I just rebuilt my diffs with HD cases, new internals & 5/5/3 oil. They're STILL leaking. I rebuilt the rear one AGAIN, didn't even run the truck, and there are now oily spots on the bottom of the case, which I noticed when I took off my rear bumper. I followed Adam Drake's rebuild video, making sure there wasn't too much oil in the housing...
I even picked up the HPI screws, which unlike the crap Losi screws, you can actually cinch all the way down.

What am I doing wrong?
Threadjack but relevant
Old 08-13-2014, 11:45 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

What am I doing wrong?
Don't take out the large washer behind the sun gears on the Ten diff like they do on the 8ight diff. If you are running std diff cases (not the updated HD ones) you need to bond the metal insert into both sides of the diff case.

Or just get the HD diff cases.

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...odID=TLR332001
Old 08-13-2014, 01:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by blf
Threadjack but relevant
Sorry. I figured it fit, since it's the SCTE thread...

Originally Posted by Casper
Don't take out the large washer behind the sun gears on the Ten diff like they do on the 8ight diff. If you are running std diff cases (not the updated HD ones) you need to bond the metal insert into both sides of the diff case.

Or just get the HD diff cases.

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...odID=TLR332001
I have the HD diff cases, all around. Kept the washer in, no shims used. Still leaking.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Sorry. I figured it fit, since it's the SCTE thread...
I have the HD diff cases, all around. Kept the washer in, no shims used. Still leaking.
That is odd. The HD diffs have been GREAT with all of my experience and have not leaked since I started using those. Where are they leaking from can you tell? The gasket or the outdrives?
Old 08-13-2014, 02:25 PM
Tech Adept

That is odd. The HD diffs have been GREAT with all of my experience and have not leaked since I started using those. Where are they leaking from can you tell? The gasket or the outdrives?
I would think that it has to be the gasket, because it's clean around the outdrives. The bottom of the case looks like this:
Old 08-13-2014, 03:49 PM
Tech Prophet

I would think that it has to be the gasket, because it's clean around the outdrives. The bottom of the case looks like this:
With the HD cases they solved the outdrive leaking and they aslo added a thicker gasket to make sure it seals better. This is odd. I have not had any leaking diffs at all since we went to the HD ones. Make sure your screws are tight and you are not over filling your diffs like you already said you were doing. Something weird going on here. Is this only the rear diff?
Old 08-13-2014, 03:55 PM
Tech Adept

With the HD cases they solved the outdrive leaking and they aslo added a thicker gasket to make sure it seals better. This is odd. I have not had any leaking diffs at all since we went to the HD ones. Make sure your screws are tight and you are not over filling your diffs like you already said you were doing. Something weird going on here. Is this only the rear diff?
The rear & front are the only ones I can see leaking. The center diff seems to be fine, and there isn't any oil escaping that I can see. As I mentioned, the screws are tightened down really well, since I bought the HPI screws, which have a very tight hex that doesn't strip and which I tightened down really snug.

I suppose it could be the grease that I put on the front & rear gears that are connected to the driveshaft? My LHS suggested a silicone grease made by AE for that purpose. I have a hard time believing that it would just liquify/ooze out like that, but I guess that could be it... Thoughts? Since it's only the front & rear cases, which have this grease, that's the only thing that makes sense to me.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

Ok have a 1.0 looking to do some up grades....already did diffs, outdrives, axles...etc. now trying to figure out which would be better money spent. I have a stock chassis, so keep it and get the tlr tuning kit or forget the tuning kit and get the mip package? Please let me know opinions I race on a clay/dirt track med/high traction

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.