Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 02:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

What tyre split do you guys find works well with the 25T front side pulley. I have always used the 24T. It will be used on a large flowing track.

Thanks
Old 07-06-2006, 06:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
I assume you are talking about the shims ( 1mm shim coin type ) underneath upper front hinge pins. That would change the front roll center of the car.

No shims would increase the front roll center thus creating more body roll and more grip. Very good setup for high speed sweeper corners and medium to high speed corners. Stability is good but there is tendency of understeer for some tight corners.

Thicker shims would decrease the front roll center and thus creating less body roll. Very good for slow corners or technical track.

You need to match your setup to your track.
Cool, I didn't know that, I'll try it out as well. What I was actually referring to are the shims that go on top, between the upper deck, and the front shock tower....
Old 07-06-2006, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Snackpack is correct in his definition of roll center and how it alters the suspension characteristics. It seems that a lot of people have misinterpreted the concept.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Osiris 75
Cool, I didn't know that, I'll try it out as well. What I was actually referring to are the shims that go on top, between the upper deck, and the front shock tower....
Those are the caster clips. The more foward your upper arm is or the more clips you have behind the arm; the more off power steering and less on power steering you will have. If the arm is moved back or if the clips are placed in front of the arm; the less off power and more on power steering you will get.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
Those are the caster clips. The more foward your upper arm is or the more clips you have behind the arm; the more off power steering and less on power steering you will have. If the arm is moved back or if the clips are placed in front of the arm; the less off power and more on power steering you will get.
Thanks!!
Old 07-07-2006, 08:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Slight drag

Please HElP!!! Has anyone experienced a slight drag that may be coming from the front end of the car (mtx4 w/oneway) When I roll the car with the side belt, there is drag, without it, there is no drag. The tension on the side belt is good. I figured it is coming from the front end and not the back because rolling without the side belt allows the rear drive train to roll freely without the front oneway engaging. Has anyone experienced anything similar?
Old 07-07-2006, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blanks596
Please HElP!!! Has anyone experienced a slight drag that may be coming from the front end of the car (mtx4 w/oneway) When I roll the car with the side belt, there is drag, without it, there is no drag. The tension on the side belt is good. I figured it is coming from the front end and not the back because rolling without the side belt allows the rear drive train to roll freely without the front oneway engaging. Has anyone experienced anything similar?
What are your tires cut to? If there is any overdrive or underdrive cut into the tires, it will feel like this. This is because either the front of rear tires are scrubbing because they have to travel a different distance to get around.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
What are your tires cut to? If there is any overdrive or underdrive cut into the tires, it will feel like this. This is because either the front of rear tires are scrubbing because they have to travel a different distance to get around.
Wow, I didn't check the diameters of tires that I was practicing with, but the tires that I will be racing this weekend start at 60.5 for both front and rear. I could say that rolling my car with these diameters produced a bit less drag. I have not changed anything from stock drive train set up to adjust the roll out. That is something that I have not learned yet
Old 07-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Joe's right, so you'll need to figure out what side pulley your running for whatever track conditions you're racing on. And measure out tire wear for the split or no split. Also, the rubber belts help free up the car some.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Is it normal for the teeth on the side belt to wear? I think I've run the car through about 3/4 of a gallon!!!
Old 07-07-2006, 11:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Any of you guys going to the byrons race? IF so does anyone have a spare m8 spektrum module, mine are at horizon getting tuned to work for my m11. I thought i would have them back, but I am not going to get them in time. I can put down a deposit and return it sunday.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Osiris 75
Is it normal for the teeth on the side belt to wear? I think I've run the car through about 3/4 of a gallon!!!
Check for an uneven alignment of the side pulleys and watch for dirt and debriss on the side pulleys, clean it completely, the dirt goes on the teeth of the pulleys and makes them to be smaller with more chances of belt slipping or teeth stripping.

Also check for pulley damage, change them if you see some damage and replace the belt for a new one.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

What do you guys use to adjust your linkages (front toe, rear camber)? Right now I'm using the L-shaped allen wrenches
Old 07-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thunderbt3
What do you guys use to adjust your linkages (front toe, rear camber)? Right now I'm using the L-shaped allen wrenches
Switch to the titanium turnbuckles and use a 4mm open wrench (what I use is the 4mm Tamiya TRF key (keep it from my electric days, don't know if is available now).
Old 07-07-2006, 02:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by thunderbt3
Dave, you can buy Lunsford 4mm wrench for the Ti turnbuckles. I actually run the Lunsford turnbuckles after I saw a couple racers snap the Mugen Ti ones. There's just something about U.S. grade Ti that's incredibly strong. I use them on all my nitro vehicles. Never snapped one yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.