Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 03:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by factory racer
i live in toronto ontario ( IN CANADA) ....do you tihnk it would be over the winter time or just at the end of the season???

thanks

Mike
dude in the winter if its like the mtx3 when it went pro
Old 07-18-2006, 03:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asw7576
I was 4mm chassis freak before, but after driving how good 3mm chassis was ... I won't go back to 4mm ones. Stop hitting things and correct car setup is the key to drive better and faster.

TomB: increase the height of rear suspension upper link and add more front & rear camber by another 1 degree ?
3mm chassis is easer to drive but it is slower , setup is key, i use 3mm and 4mm chassis
Old 07-18-2006, 11:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
3mm chassis is easer to drive but it is slower , setup is key, i use 3mm and 4mm chassis
Agreed. It's easy to set-up a 3mm for high-bite as it is to set up a 4mm for low-bite tracks. Ideally, I'd like a chassis that was 3.6250mm thick
If you run a 4mm and really, really need more flex for grip, use the stock battery plate and put O-rings under the two rear top-deck screws. Just don't hit anything.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

lol i use 3racing battery plate and 3racing uperdeck brace and instead of orings i use 2mm alm washers on the battery plate.but realy this car is way planted,oh and on the upper arm spaceing at the front im useing 3mm,im told this is way too much.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Lowering CG

Hey guys, in the pursuit of finding the lowest CG, has anyone tried or know of any detrimental effects to running the shocks inverted?
Old 07-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

Default set up

can some one help me with a set up for the MTX 4 , a short track
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-4-two.jpg  
Old 07-18-2006, 06:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi All,
I'm really starting to get frustrated with my MTX-4 no matter what I do it always seems to be stripping 2nd gear, I've checked two speed shaft and swapped changed bearing and engine mounts etc. But everything I've done has hardly made a difference. But I now know when the gears are stripping on the actual shift, it seems that as it shifts into second the pinion rips off a tooth on the spur, I have played with the two speed clutch and the engine clutch so if I could get everyones measurement on the engine clutch and setting on the 2 speed that would be much appreciated.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

buy a new pinon
Old 07-18-2006, 06:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jprevolution
Hi All,
I'm really starting to get frustrated with my MTX-4 no matter what I do it always seems to be stripping 2nd gear, I've checked two speed shaft and swapped changed bearing and engine mounts etc. But everything I've done has hardly made a difference. But I now know when the gears are stripping on the actual shift, it seems that as it shifts into second the pinion rips off a tooth on the spur, I have played with the two speed clutch and the engine clutch so if I could get everyones measurement on the engine clutch and setting on the 2 speed that would be much appreciated.
I have never had stripping problem with Mugen spur gear. The only gear striping happened in my MTX-4 was using 3 racing spur gear, there is a gap that in the pinon and 2nd spur gear did not match. It is not noticeable if you just looking at the 1st spur gear as you thought they match perfectly. After I switch back to Mugen gear, all the probelm are gone and no more stripping.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I have stripped quite a few gears, mostly was cause I was a dumbass. The 3Racing ones suck. They strip easily and make an unbearable whining noise. I threw all the ones I had even the new ones to another guy that said he would use them. Not worth the time.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have slowed down my rate of stripping gears by being easier on throttle. When I wreck or get the car slightly in the air, by hitting a turn marker(raised asphalt) I dont immediately get back on the throttle hard. I noticed that when I was on the throttle hard as car settled down, I would toast a 2nd gear. I think my car would with a wheel or two off the ground and the force of getting that traction back would be more than the gear could handle
Old 07-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi All,
I had a problem when i first got my MTX-4 with stripping 2nd gear. What i found was the bearing in the 2nd gear housing was loose and causing the housing to move outwards there for only having a small amount of contact with the pinion. I got a new housing and not stripped a gear since

Dan
Old 07-18-2006, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

Originally Posted by madbeats
can some one help me with a set up for the MTX 4 , a short track
ok this is what i run,front suspesion,450-400 oil,1.2x1piston light blue springs,199track,camber2,upper arm spacer2mm,toe1.5out,upper arm position 3mm,rear suspesion,450-400oil stock pistons,light blue springs,200track,camber 3to3.5,toein1.5lower arm position mid,upright spacer 2mm,anti roll bar kawahara,upper arm position mid,steering ackerman B,rear diff 30000,front oneway,clutch yellow shoe,centrifugal shoe light with weights 2pcs,spring super hard at .9 and kawahara tires 37to40, gears 1st 17/60 2nd 23/54 side pulleys 18/25 this is mostly for fastcats (wwwfastcats.ca)
Old 07-18-2006, 11:03 PM
Tech Champion

Hi All,
Check your 2nd speed housing against any contact from clutch bell, rear stabiliser, and engine brace.

Read my earlier post, maybe 3 pages before this.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi all thanks for the responses,
I checked the engine brace a couple of weeks ago and found that it was slightly rubbing the cross brace across the engine. I re adjusted everything so there would be no more interference but I am still stripping gears, but the difference is now instead of stripping four teeth in a row, it now seems that it just takes one tooth of the spur at a time like it is just ripping it off on the change to second, I believe it is my clutch but Im not sure whether this would be from the engine clutch or the two speed clutch, any info would be great. I have contacted the mugen distributor here in Australia and he said this has happened to others and believes that if you tighten the spring all the way down on the engine clutch and than back it off one full turn than that should fix the problem, but I was at 1.5 turns and I am still stripping gears I will tighten all the way and see what happens. P.S this was happening on both Mugen and 3racing gears.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.