Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 01:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Shane - could you possibly get a part number for the new drivetrain parts?
Old 02-06-2004, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

buy a few and put them on ebay
Old 02-06-2004, 02:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

about the gear adapter thing. Losi or trinity is not the first to do this. Jet hobby in HK makes an adapter for the losi, so you can use any spur gear, and just bolt on there pulley.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

is that 22 bucks for just the belt alone? on the spur gear adapter, it is molded according to Todd... dunno if its a production piece yet tho...
Old 02-06-2004, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

They're talking about a new pullty, belt, tensioner, setup. Not just the spur gear adapters that have been around for awhile. This is a whole new setup. From what I've seen, it makes the bend in the belt less sharp, freeing up the drive train. It's hard to tell by the pictures though.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You drilled a hole in a kevlar spur gear that wasn't out yet?

The Losi guys stopped drilling out the non-kevlar gears, because it caused them to flex a bit and throw off mesh under hard accelaration, but it works not because the kevlar is much more rigid.

The adaptor might of been plastic, I didn't really look. Remember though, kinwald has TWO cars.....and they are vastly different, just look at the servo on the one he is not running. It has one set of the mounts cutoff and its moved over up against the drive tunnel. He redrilled mounting holes on the outside for it and then shoogooed(I think) to keep in place.

You get the belt, new mount, pulley and remaining hardware for $22.

There is no part number, the packages don't have header cards.

Later EddieO
Old 02-06-2004, 07:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

installed my gt7 "s" diode, and my bigger capacitor(running 2). I can tell a smoothness difference on my stand, can't wait for monday to try it out. Has anyobdy had this happen to them..
Have the front diff get all grindy, but take it apart, clean it, and it's still bad. Is it a bearing, or should i switch from steel to carbide balls, don't have to much money right now, but if it's the problem i'll do it.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by futureal
You can't buy it anywhere that I am aware of yet, other than right here at this race.
Hi futureal,

Can I get 5 sets through you? Paypal? He, he....That includes one for James...
Old 02-06-2004, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

Post GRINDY DIFF

I had the same problem. Near as I could figure I must have run the diff just a hair too loose and wore a flat spot in the diff balls. I just replaced the balls and everything was cool.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

yea, i noticed it before the first heat last week, but didn't have a choice but to run it like that, an it held up, and handled "fine". With the carbide balls being 11 bucks here at my store, i don't have enough money, i should of bought a transponder when they were 50 bucks, i screwed my self. Thats what i thought was wrong, because i checked my bearings, and they where fine. If i run my diff alittle loose right now it doesn't make the noise, but when i tighten it, it does, i'll play with it at the track, and if it handles fine with the noise, i run it, if not, my front diff will be loose. What really makes me mad, are those pully balls are only a week old.
Old 02-06-2004, 09:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You get the belt, new mount, pulley and remaining hardware for $22.

There is no part number, the packages don't have header cards.

Later EddieO

Hey EddieO,

Any chance you could pick me one up? I race at the rain occasionaly. Also - I see your brother quite often - I own the music store in Arlington?
Old 02-06-2004, 09:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey Eric, check to see if the thrust bearing assy. is smooth if not, flip the thrust bearing rings over and rebuild. How about the diff rings? Were they new or did you reuse the old ones? If you reused the big diff rings, what grit sandpaper did you use to get the grooves out of the rings? Just a few things to check out before you buy new diff balls.
Old 02-06-2004, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

I planned on picking some up for the local guys who want one.....I will see if they have any left though. Odds are, horizon will have it within days. What I REALLY want is the BK Bonez.....they look ever more trick in real life than they do in the pictures.

Later EddieO
Old 02-06-2004, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'll trade you some BK bones I'm making for a belt system.
Old 02-06-2004, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Ok, PM me your address.....we'll set something up. Hopefully they have some left, I want to get at least 3 more for myself and one for one of my other drivers...plus a local guy wants one.

I just checked the Horizon catalog with what I THINK is the part number(losa3280).....and its not listed. I tried a search on BELT and found no results either. Typically Horizon has stuff in about a month before its released, if not more.....especially on LOSI parts, since they own it. My guess, we won't see them for 2-3 more weeks at least.

And actually at $22, these are probably a good deal, as they come with the belt, pulley, all the hardware, and TWO flanged bearings.

Later EddieO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.