Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree14Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 12:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A small note about using sun protection as traction compound.

The benefits over conventional tire additives are that it's guaranteed non harmful for you skin and that the effect stays a lot longer compared to the purpose made stuff like Paragon, CS electronic Max Grip or Corally Jack the Gripper. Unfortunately it's more or less odorless - I love the smell of wintergreen .

Sun Protection is a very creamy liquid and you need to leave it on for a while for it to really penetrate the foam, even better if you have a tire warmer to help this process.
You will have added traction for 30+ minutes.

Last edited by InZane; 08-22-2009 at 01:08 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey InZane,

I see that you're having lots of fun there!!

I had a pack of runtime before the rain began to pour again. The cutout winglet actually made a lot of difference in the handling.

Yeah, suntan lotion works even in our context here.

So does your F104 swing on the rear end with the saddle packs mounted on the rear? Do you think it's more of the suntan lotion that help a lot more in keeping your F104 running on as if it were on rails?

Alfie

Originally Posted by InZane
A small note about using sun protection as traction compound.

The benefits over conventional tire additives are that it's guaranteed non harmful for you skin and that the effect stays a lot longer compared to the purpose made stuff like Paragon, CS electronic Max Grip or Corally Jack the Gripper. Unfortunately it's more or less odorless - I love the smell of wintergreen .

Sun Protection is a very creamy liquid and you need to leave it on for a while for it to really penetrate the foam, even better if you have a tire warmer to help this process.
You will have added traction for 30+ minutes.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alfie
Hey InZane,

I had a pack of runtime before the rain began to pour again. The cutout winglet actually made a lot of difference in the handling.

So does your F104 swing on the rear end with the saddle packs mounted on the rear? Do you think it's more of the suntan lotion that help a lot more in keeping your F104 running on as if it were on rails?

Alfie
Hmmz.. the cutout winglet adds/reduce downforce? Was it with the Tamiya wing or 3racing wing?

Also, did you try the shim thing on your servo saver and the alu thing that sits between the top deck and bottom chassis?
Old 08-24-2009, 03:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default Marlboro F1

Hi Veecee
Here's my F104 Finished Too bad it goes s*%t but it sure looks good
Might just be a shelf queen
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya F104 Pro!-dsc00420.jpg   Tamiya F104 Pro!-dsc00421.jpg  
Old 08-24-2009, 04:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

That looks sweet E-Clip! You still coming to meakin on wednesday nite?
Old 08-24-2009, 04:21 AM
Tech Addict

Nope got to work wednesday night got some wheels and tires to try as well, Damn work wish I was a millionaire
Old 08-24-2009, 04:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E-clip
Hi Veecee
That looks awesome buddy! Mine is almost finished - just putting some decals on it. Had a minor set back when one of the Shell emblems flaked off the decal backing. So it looks a bit shite on one side.

And yeh, I don't know if I want to run my shell either...
Old 08-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Hey InZane,

Alfie
It's very hard to say what the pros and cons are with saddle pack configuration compared to stick pack without having a side to side shoot out under the same conditions. Hopefully we'll have the chance in the weeks to come - then I can say for sure.

I don't have any problems with the rear end being to loose. The car has neutral handling characteristics with just a very slight push - just the way I like it.

The T-bar slits made a HUGE difference!
Old 08-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E-clip
Hi Veecee
That is awesome. Is that the decal kit from D-Drive? was thinking of doing the same paint scheme myself but wanted the 'Mclaren' lettering instead of the 'Marlboro'. Great work.

Alex
Old 08-24-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Do anyone have a film aboute the straight line issue.?

@inzane
At what hight is your rear pod,is it in a straight line with the under chassie plate or is it pointing alittle upwards in front.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jim_ed

@inzane
At what hight is your rear pod,is it in a straight line with the under chassie plate or is it pointing alittle upwards in front.

The rear pod is level with the chassis plate when sitting on the ground w. lipos and body. There's maybe 1mm droop when lifted.
You can adjust the droop by inserting spacers inside the shock.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hey InZane,

Alfie
Good !
Old 08-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by aburnet8
That is awesome. Is that the decal kit from D-Drive? was thinking of doing the same paint scheme myself but wanted the 'Mclaren' lettering instead of the 'Marlboro'. Great work.

Alex
Hi Alex
Thanks
I got the Decal kit from Rainbow 10 in Japan I don't know if they make a Mclaren decal kit
My next one is a Benetton like this one
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya F104 Pro!-images.jpg  
Old 08-24-2009, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

No chance at all, with the rain and wet track.

Alfie

Originally Posted by Arahawak
Hmmz.. the cutout winglet adds/reduce downforce? Was it with the Tamiya wing or 3racing wing?

Also, did you try the shim thing on your servo saver and the alu thing that sits between the top deck and bottom chassis?
Old 08-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for your reply!

I'm quite interested in doing a similar setup with the lipo to see how it gets my F104 even better than it should.

Alfie

Originally Posted by InZane
It's very hard to say what the pros and cons are with saddle pack configuration compared to stick pack without having a side to side shoot out under the same conditions. Hopefully we'll have the chance in the weeks to come - then I can say for sure.

I don't have any problems with the rear end being to loose. The car has neutral handling characteristics with just a very slight push - just the way I like it.

The T-bar slits made a HUGE difference!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.