Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jammincrtjames
thx
Old 07-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Honestly I dont know I mixed some oils around, and because I used only two spider gears instead of four I had to use thicker oil. This weekend I am going to try with 1500 or 2000 to see what its like. I think 1500 will be like 1000 with four gears. And the chassis didnt seem much different really, just corner speed because nothing rubs the ground now, same with the gear diff too lol I can hammer the throttle and rip out of a corner but theres no point because id have to slam the brakes for the next, just no more rebuilds

Why did you decide to use 2 spider gears instead of four? I'm going to have to try that with the shimming the motor mount because I put the two rear chassis post back in and I'm still scrubbing my motor. Did you put anything under the motor to help prop it up after shimming it up?
Old 07-27-2010, 04:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

we are going to rub on the left no matter what, it's the sweeper. Raising everything so it doesn't rub is not going to help laptimes..... Marc did it because he was scrubbing almost EVERY corner. It's not something you do for a one corner sweeper

I also think it will be easier to tweak the topdeck with those shims

1000cst is perfect in the diff for our amount of traction with 4 gears. 2 gears is more for spec trying to save weight, it is less consistent
Old 07-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Way2Evl
Why did you decide to use 2 spider gears instead of four? I'm going to have to try that with the shimming the motor mount because I put the two rear chassis post back in and I'm still scrubbing my motor. Did you put anything under the motor to help prop it up after shimming it up?
Its just lighter because I used the metal gears is all. And nope just put a 1mm shim under the motor mount and layshaft bulk, and that little piece that connects the motor mount to the chassis

Originally Posted by JayL
we are going to rub on the left no matter what, it's the sweeper. Raising everything so it doesn't rub is not going to help laptimes..... Marc did it because he was scrubbing almost EVERY corner. It's not something you do for a one corner sweeper

I also think it will be easier to tweak the topdeck with those shims

1000cst is perfect in the diff for our amount of traction with 4 gears. 2 gears is more for spec trying to save weight, it is less consistent
I dont know about you man, but my motor and chassis were really rubbing the ground, my motor is wayyy beveled LOL. After running last weekend the motor doesnt rub at all (did your marker on the motor trick) And the chassis does very little. We will compare more this weekend with your car un messed with but either way it cant hurt anything having the motor up. I had some nice hits and it didnt tweak, but I did go back to the 4 screws up front in the top deck. But any more corner speed is worth it, we carry alot of speed onto the straight and at the end, maybe you just need to carry some more speed everywhere to make the motor rub
Old 07-27-2010, 05:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

haha "carry more speed everywhere" nice

you had no nice hits, the other "mod" guys werent there to hit you
Old 07-27-2010, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

haha "carry more speed everywhere" nice

you had no nice hits, the other "mod" guys werent there to hit you
Really though with the narrow and thinner chassis it cant hurt to mess with raising the motor because thats what really rubs the ground on everyones car ive looked at. And yeah true, but I havent had a tweaked car from being hacked (NO im not asking to try it lmao Scotty. We see you lurking in our thread )
Old 07-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Adept

LOL
Old 07-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Really though with the narrow and thinner chassis it cant hurt to mess with raising the motor because thats what really rubs the ground on everyones car ive looked at. And yeah true, but I havent had a tweaked car from being hacked (NO im not asking to try it lmao Scotty. We see you lurking in our thread )
Too far out front most of the time to get hacked. And coming around people just move out the way.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

To subscribe.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

those that have raised the motor mount bulkhead, what have you done about the ackerman post?
Old 07-28-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just a heads up about the exotek chassis if anyone is considering it

Nice and flat, which is good, but countersinking is messy with C/F thread loose like they used a worn out countersink. I recut them with a solid carbide countersink

Excellent value considering the lipo locators are included, and the design of these is really good

Front hinge pin mount holes are further forward so use 2mm spacer in front, 1mm behind to maintain default front wheelbase setting. Gives just about zero play which is cool

All fits together very accurately, no tweak

The chassis has considerably greater torsional stiffness when compared to stock, it is not similar at all

I run on high traction carpet and the car is always decking out in so hopefully this will improve things

I love the way this car handles and hope the chassis doesn't ruin it !
Old 07-28-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cribbin
those that have raised the motor mount bulkhead, what have you done about the ackerman post?
You raise the motor mount. NOT the bulkheads. Look at blackedoutrevo's photos. You see the shims under the topdeck to the bulkheads and none under the topdeck to the motor mount.

EDIT: I read your post wrong. I'm pretty sure that he just shimmed the steering post up too.

Last edited by Owen RaCing; 07-28-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:00 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

lower your motor till it rubs then go up alittle.

I would mount the motor stock and mark it, then drive the track hard every turn EXCEPT the sweeper, just roll it slow, do this for 5-6min and then check the motor for marks
Old 07-28-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Way2Evl
Too far out front most of the time to get hacked. And coming around people just move out the way.
Haha the starts of races are always the worst, and I usually start in the middle or back. Just gotta let off and drive a different line then wait for the pile up to happen then drop the hammer. Usually works lol

Originally Posted by Cribbin
Just put a shim under the bearing in the plastic holder's till the slop is gone

Originally Posted by hana166
Just a heads up about the exotek chassis if anyone is considering it

Nice and flat, which is good, but countersinking is messy with C/F thread loose like they used a worn out countersink. I recut them with a solid carbide countersink

Excellent value considering the lipo locators are included, and the design of these is really good

Front hinge pin mount holes are further forward so use 2mm spacer in front, 1mm behind to maintain default front wheelbase setting. Gives just about zero play which is cool

All fits together very accurately, no tweak

The chassis has considerably greater torsional stiffness when compared to stock, it is not similar at all

I run on high traction carpet and the car is always decking out in so hopefully this will improve things

I love the way this car handles and hope the chassis doesn't ruin it !
Yeah I was a bit disappointed with the way the cuts and countersunk holes looked out of the package but ohh well. The chassis will be all scratched up with a few weeks of running anyhow I guess. Although my buddy has a cyclone exotek and the holes and cuts look great but its a few months old

lower your motor till it rubs then go up alittle.

I would mount the motor stock and mark it, then drive the track hard every turn EXCEPT the sweeper, just roll it slow, do this for 5-6min and then check the motor for marks
I think theres alot of different things that would come into play here though also. You run thicker oil and less droop so your car would roll less then mine does. Obviously you dont like the idea of lifting the motor mount but im going to mess with it. Everyones car in 17.5 (I think were the first in mod to have them?) that has a exotek chassis go look at there motors, especially Brian's car, his motor looked worse then mine in mod lol. That cant help corner speed
Old 07-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys I just got an Xray T3 EU...
Direct to the topic;
Will this motor bulkhead raising modification be required when using standart chassis? I will run my car on big nitro tracks with faast sweepers. Actually you can see it from my avatar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.