Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 08:07 AM
Tech Addict

SCREWS IN DIFF CASES

I use the stock screws in new diff cases until they start to feel like they are getting striped, then I change all the diff screws over to 3MM they have a lot of bite because they have a slightly larger outside diameter. I have also used 3MM screws to hold down the rear shock tower....never had a problem with it since.

Hope this helps
Old 08-23-2003, 11:05 AM
Tech Adept

ITs probally your setting in the controller that is the problem. when your entering a corner are you holding down the throttle? or are you bleeping the throttle? the way to do it is bleeping it throught and out a turn. if you dont you will be basically making wider turns and be loosing time. are you running 42 shores and 40 in the rear?
Old 08-23-2003, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

has anyone tried aluminum diff cases?

i wouldn't mind getting them if they never break, and work just a good as the stock one
Old 08-23-2003, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Default aluminum bearing cases...

Some people here on the forum have experienced too much bearing pinch. They need to be massaged(grinded! ) a little so the diff/bearing roll free.
Old 08-23-2003, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sorry I don't agree with bleping the throttle as you say. When you drive your car do you blep the throttle? Does the average F1 driver blep the throttle around a corner? It's more like ease on and ease off. R/C drivers need to learn throttle control. Like 1/4, 1/2 or full throttle. Case in point I go to the races with an 1/8 scale friend. He pits for me and visa versa. His closest rival bleps and my racing partner learned to ease on off and on racing electric and having bad luck in a main when his front belt broke. Blep the throttle with 1/8 scale power with 2 wheel drive and you're spinning out. The "blep" guy was (I say was) the fast guy after some throttle discipline his lap times show the difference between blepping and ease on ease off. Seen a lot of MPEGs of the fast gas guys; I hear no bleps. Just my opinion

Further: When you blep at some point you are off the throttle. Road course racing is about corner speed and momentum. If you can get through a corner 1/2 throttle or 1/4 throttle the guy blepping his gas will have slower exit speed. Trust me. My buddy does not have the fastest motor on the track but he leaves the blep 1/8th scaler down the straight. Corner speed.

Last edited by Isaac; 08-23-2003 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-23-2003, 08:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Trinityracinnut
for u to try hooked on
Trinity:

I tried those changes you suggested and after a few refinement it came good (Roll centre, droop, shock positions & Ride Height).

Now going from concrete over to ashaplt, what further would i have to do?
Old 08-23-2003, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This setup will work even better once on asphalt, is it treated or non treated asphalt? and what do they use for treatment?? PM me and we can just talk there.
Old 08-23-2003, 11:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Isaac
Sorry I don't agree with bleping the throttle as you say. When you drive your car do you blep the throttle? Does the average F1 driver blep the throttle around a corner? It's more like ease on and ease off. R/C drivers need to learn throttle control. Like 1/4, 1/2 or full throttle. {{snip}}

Further: When you blep at some point you are off the throttle. Road course racing is about corner speed and momentum. If you can get through a corner 1/2 throttle or 1/4 throttle the guy blepping his gas will have slower exit speed. Trust me. My buddy does not have the fastest motor on the track but he leaves the blep 1/8th scaler down the straight. Corner speed.
I'm not sure I completely agree with you, Isaac.

First, the F1 racers aren't racing our style of racing, nor are they going 400-500 scale mph. They are also INSIDE their cars and have an intimate feel for their cars. However, I can say for certain that Marcus Grunholm (World Rally Champion) does blip the throttle on his Peugeot 206 almost constantly. As in his right foot almost NEVER stops moving. . .but that's neither here nor there.

Second, they aren't driving 2 stroke motors. You're going to have to let off the gas sometime - even to move to 1/4 throttle to go around the hairpins. When you do this, the design of a 2-stroke motor means you're going to build up more fuel in the initial chamber - it just works that way. Blipping the throttle (not full, off, full, off. . .) helps keep the revs up a bit and helps clear the motor, kinda like clearing your throat.

Third, those guys have direct control of their transmission. They are electronically, or hydraulically controlled. Ours are controlled by speed. The clutch won't engage below a certain point of RPMs. Blipping (again, not full-off-full-off) can help keep the revs up so when you hit the throttle again you're not starting low, you're starting AT the engage point.

Fourth, we don't use belts in this forum! Okay, some of us need to use belts or suspenders (no cracks allowed!!! ) but not on our cars. Sorry, had to get the joke in somewhere!

I think you might be mistaking "blip" which is, ummm, scientifically defined as a, umm, blip, with full throttle, off, full, off, etc. and that's not what is generally meant.
Old 08-24-2003, 02:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default I agree with Isaac (Don't Blip)

The "Fast guys" in our area don't blip the throttle. They have a smooth transistion between full, 1/2, 1/4 and off.

Of course in a hairpin you are coming completely off throttle, but when you are getting back into it you need to make a smooth transistion back to full throttle.

Driving in dirt and gravel is a different story. Yes, Rally guys blip and so do off-road buggy and truck drivers, but no on-road cars.

To make a long story short, where I race, the guys that blip around the track are in the B and C main. The guys that don't are in the A main every week.
Old 08-24-2003, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I hear you Boomer. Yes you do have to get completely off in some turns 180s and the like. I've seen guys go around a sweeper blipping. Yes you do have to clear the throat of a 2 stoker. That's different. Now if you are blipping to get around a turn you are cutting yourself short. Certain times yes clear your throttle out, a tight turn or slower traffic. If you can though ("if") try taking your turns the ones you can with a certain amount of throttle. Blipping every single turn has got to slow you down.

Oh I don't have a belt car either but I might try one. We'll see after today. Big race today and most the fastest touring car guys in MD and VA will be there. I will let you know how the BMI Racing chassis NTC3 does. Providing I don't get impatient.
Old 08-25-2003, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: clutch

Originally posted by thefuzzclub
My ntc3 has a novarossi s5 engine and I'm using a 3pjs radio.
I have problems controlling the speed especially when cornering(in and out). With a 5port engine the car is really fast on straight and has a lot of torque when cornering. But I have a hard time maintaining a speed in between medium and high speed. When I enter into a corner, I must slow down. When I try to put a little more speed by pulling the throttle slightly the car gains speed at once that I will already loose control of the car. In short, I have a hard time putting my car into a medium high speed that will take smooth and fast cornering. Is it the engaging of the clutch? I heard of centax clutch, is this the answer to my question?
Dude...I have the same problems too. I wouldn't lose control of the car but it just over shoots the corner and i'll have to compensate by letting go and blipping which is not advisable according to most pros. I use a centax clutch and believe me I don't think it'll help that much...i tried going into corners with 1/2 throttle and that seems to help a little but it takes a little bit of getting used to..hope the pros here can help...
Old 08-25-2003, 05:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default hey crash 1

have u tried trimming down the speed or response time on your throttle servo .i had the same thing happen my motor has alot of bottom torgue and i kept losing it in the turns when i tried to power out, so i reset my throttle speed on my radio to slow it down .
Old 08-26-2003, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: hey crash 1

Originally posted by isuzuguy
have u tried trimming down the speed or response time on your throttle servo .i had the same thing happen my motor has alot of bottom torgue and i kept losing it in the turns when i tried to power out, so i reset my throttle speed on my radio to slow it down .
Yeah...I use a 3PK and I've set 2 options on the throttle expo...one with a slight curve and the other linear(default)...it does help. But I'd rather keep all the settings at default and try several driving options and car setups...makes it challenging

Next time out I'll give drag braking a go...any opinions guys?
Old 08-26-2003, 10:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

speaking of using radio to compensate some of the handling issues. I wonder if the top drivers uses those functions? I was looking at some of the functions available on my 3pjs. I was amazed. Anti-lock breaks, exp, steering speed...

Btw, anyone know what's the difference between exp and steering speed? What about subtrim vs. trim? Anyone here uses the anti-lock function? I"ve heard that it drains the battery too much?

G
Old 08-26-2003, 11:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have tried the ATB on my 3pk It works well, but there is a power drain from what I understand. Also it is not good for your servo. Sub trim moves the center of the servo so that your steering will still have the same amount of degrees it can turn to either side. Trim just moves the steering to one side. Your turining radius to one side will then decrease as the center line was not moved. I do not play with the exp much, but you can make your servo be more or less responsive on the initial turn. On the 3pk you can set up to 5 points to which the servo will react according to what you program it to do. I try to run it all zero'd out and let myself learning how to drive rather than depend on all the bells and whistles, though they can be very useful depending on conditions and car setups.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.