Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Isaac
I hear you Boomer. Yes you do have to get completely off in some turns 180s and the like. I've seen guys go around a sweeper blipping. Yes you do have to clear the throat of a 2 stoker. That's different. Now if you are blipping to get around a turn you are cutting yourself short. Certain times yes clear your throttle out, a tight turn or slower traffic. If you can though ("if") try taking your turns the ones you can with a certain amount of throttle. Blipping every single turn has got to slow you down.

Oh I don't have a belt car either but I might try one. We'll see after today. Big race today and most the fastest touring car guys in MD and VA will be there. I will let you know how the BMI Racing chassis NTC3 does. Providing I don't get impatient.
I think it's just a matter of definition!

At the end of the long straight (during Winter layout) I have to let off, swing the turn and then get on it. I MIGHT just TOUCH the brake, but that would be only when I try to dive inside and actually have to brake to grab the line away from the outside guy.

If I blip (when I blip) it's under the engage threshold (mine's fairly high) so I'm not accel, glide, accel or anything. It just kinda blips the motor so I kinda keep some revs on it.

If it's a mid speed turn, or a carousel or a sweeper, I try to find the speed that the car wants to go around it on the fast line and then I hold that throttle setting (and kinda feel it. . .) - definitely no blipping. It would upset the car.

Anyway, no big - only semantics.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Boomer
I'm not sure I completely agree with you, Isaac.

First, the F1 racers aren't racing our style of racing, nor are they going 400-500 scale mph. They are also INSIDE their cars and have an intimate feel for their cars. However, I can say for certain that Marcus Grunholm (World Rally Champion) does blip the throttle on his Peugeot 206 almost constantly. As in his right foot almost NEVER stops moving. . .but that's neither here nor there.

Second, they aren't driving 2 stroke motors. You're going to have to let off the gas sometime - even to move to 1/4 throttle to go around the hairpins. When you do this, the design of a 2-stroke motor means you're going to build up more fuel in the initial chamber - it just works that way. Blipping the throttle (not full, off, full, off. . .) helps keep the revs up a bit and helps clear the motor, kinda like clearing your throat.

Third, those guys have direct control of their transmission. They are electronically, or hydraulically controlled. Ours are controlled by speed. The clutch won't engage below a certain point of RPMs. Blipping (again, not full-off-full-off) can help keep the revs up so when you hit the throttle again you're not starting low, you're starting AT the engage point.

Fourth, we don't use belts in this forum! Okay, some of us need to use belts or suspenders (no cracks allowed!!! ) but not on our cars. Sorry, had to get the joke in somewhere!

I think you might be mistaking "blip" which is, ummm, scientifically defined as a, umm, blip, with full throttle, off, full, off, etc. and that's not what is generally meant.

Kinda like driving a car with a big turbo and lots of boost (30+psi)
if you let the revs drop to low it will bog exiting the corner but to high the car will be unstable and break the tires loose.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:14 PM
Tech Addict

To all those who replied,
Thank you for all the suggestions, I still believe that good driving followed by a good set-up is still the key and the rest are support factors in making your car run smoothly fast. Many thanks again.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

|Anyone Tried using 3racing parts before? how does it hold up? I am interested in the CVD.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have the 3racing chasis and motor mount. Very well made and solid.

On a side note, I just warn my fello ntc3 bros about www.rcsource.net. DO not and I repeat DO NOT buy stuff from them. I just recently got ripped off buy them. I know this has nothing to do with ntc3 but I just want to make sure that no one else will have to go through the same ordeal I had to. Consider yourselfs warned.

Gary

Last edited by loosenut; 08-27-2003 at 10:22 AM.
Old 08-29-2003, 09:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

I own a Nitro Tc3 RTR and i have tooken out the pull start and the plate because whenever i pulled it it kept on skipping every time i started to start the car. The gasket was damaged so i read that it needed to be replaced. Im on running low on time im leaving early tomorrow on a trip for the memorial day weekend and going there for about 4 nights and i want to take my car with me? the thing is i dont have an extra gasket can it be run without it? will it damage anything? What should i do please reply A.S.A.P thank you

Also can i use after run oil to but in the one way bearing? or should i use diff lube? Thank you
Old 08-29-2003, 10:09 AM
Tech Initiate

I use the silicon lube in the oneway. You don't want it to be too slippery because the oneway will slip on the shaft.
Old 08-29-2003, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Default Pipe turbo for NTC3

Hi guys I have a turbo pipe and manifold for NTC3. Anyone interested?
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-ntc3-pipe-set.jpg  
Old 08-29-2003, 12:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Never got my question answered. Does anyone know if there's any significance in the length of the fuel tubes or the tube that goes from the tank to the exhaust? In the manual it specifies a certain length that those tubes should. Just wondering if it makes a performance difference?

G
Old 08-29-2003, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by loosenut
Never got my question answered. Does anyone know if there's any significance in the length of the fuel tubes or the tube that goes from the tank to the exhaust? In the manual it specifies a certain length that those tubes should. Just wondering if it makes a performance difference?

G
the longer the line..the more the pulsations are equaled out(smoother)..and there's less pressure that way also...

On the fuel line to the carb,I always add an extra coil....this way,if the car flips,it doesn't run out of gas while its being marshalled..
Old 08-29-2003, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

I'm seriously starting to envy the snake and mugen owners at my track. They're always busy in the pits wrenching on their cars, trying desperataly to find a working set up for their snake or fixing broken parts on their Mugen. The Mugen guys are the busiest because in addition to fixing broken parts, they get to walk all around the track for 20 minutes to find those remnants of universals. My racing days with the NTC3 are soooooo boring. All I get to do all day is sit back, relax, then put the car on the track, race and win all the time. Man! I wish I had some wrenching to do or a broken part to replace. Or even better, I wish I had the upportunity to spend hundreds on hop ups(esp. since the stock Mugen chassis is bowed. But noooooo! All the NTC3 owners get to do is one, build the car, two, race it and three, WIN. It's lonely at the top .....
Old 08-29-2003, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey you could've at least give credit to the original author
Old 08-29-2003, 01:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You got that right Fastharry....I truly enjoy racing my NTC3, although I think any kit you get nowadays is a good kit...it comes down more to driving and less wrecking with any of them.
Old 08-29-2003, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mistercrash
Hey you could've at least give credit to the original author

yep...my oversight.......

Mister Crash gets full credit on the beautifully written paragragh....

he was using it to describe the Mugen....

I just changed the words around to have a little fun....

In all honesty,they're all great running cars...

OK,Mr C?...

Last edited by fastharry™; 08-29-2003 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-30-2003, 05:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)
Default NTC3 Diff cases

Speedy OB-4 could you please email me at [email protected]. I am interested in the diff cases with the inserts. I know others that are interested.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.