Community
Wiki Posts
Search

V-ONE S Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 02:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by phildee
Oh so long as it looks better than the standard one its fine by me . How u find the performance gain?
It lets the engine rev heaps freer. You'll notice the extra top AND bottom end.

It does look better than the kit one... but if looks is all you care about then you should be a HPI owner !
Old 03-19-2003, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

yeah the new v1rr i was talkin bout is wit the sirio engine, the one that's coming out in a few months i think is shaft, joe i might be able to break in my engine today!!!!!! my batteries are like more than 3/4 done so imma jus risk it and buy a failsafe.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:46 PM
NUT
Tech Initiate

Ive been reading this thread for a year now and I have learned a lot from you guys.
Im currently running my vone-s (gs15r engine) with a homemade fuel (20%castor oil and 80%methanol) since there are no hobby shops in jeddah where I work. is it ok? also I want to change to a v1rr with an rb engine which I will buy here in the phil.can i still use the same fuel for this kind of engine.

thanks for your help and more power to you guys.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:05 PM
Tech Addict

So that means you've got 0% Nitro in your fuel ?
Old 03-19-2003, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

yeh its ok

methanol is the old fuel people used... but if u switched to nitro you would see a large difference
Old 03-19-2003, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by squizzytaylor
Dawn Trading (The rc equivalent of Satan) are the Australian importers of kyosho. Dont bother contacting them cos they are fu(kwits and wont bother replying. Stuart at Southern Cross Hobbies imports Kyosho stuff direct from Japan and is happy to handle special orders. Others do the same but short of importing yourself he is the cheapest and most reliable ive founnd!

gt

so thats why southern sell kyosho parts so cheap
Old 03-19-2003, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by NitroNut
yeah the new v1rr i was talkin bout is wit the sirio engine, the one that's coming out in a few months i think is shaft, joe i might be able to break in my engine today!!!!!! my batteries are like more than 3/4 done so imma jus risk it and buy a failsafe.
Hello Nitro Nut,
Firstly I dont believe that there will ever be a shaft type v-one-rr or r . I say this because all V-one series are belt drive and if they were to release a shaft drive I am sure they would designate it a new model series. What seems to happen a lot is people have contacts in HK or Singapore and information seems to get missinterpreted and next thing you know.....abracadabraX#!X%*#! Corally are releasing a v12 nitro offroader that incorporates a PS2, mobile brothel and beer keg (man I wish!) .

But we'll see I guess!!!!!!!

gt

Old 03-20-2003, 12:49 AM
Tech Adept

For people who has the carbon deck for their V1S, could you help me with the linkages with the GS15R?

My throttle doesn't go max and brakes just barely works!
arghhhhh.

Quite frustuating adjusting this linkage combo.
Throttle doesn't even go 1/2 way! >.<

Also, i installed my UM210 clutch. Was there anything i need to make sure to install it properly. What i basically did is replaced the UM210 with the standard one the engine came with. Thats it.

Though, the standard one was about 2x the side of the UM210 as in length. So i was wondering there is quite some space left between the ball and clutch kinda.

Though, i took the the car and drove it around a while. Its acceleration fine. Does this mean its A OKAY? Or something else should have been done?

Last edited by xGSiR; 03-20-2003 at 03:47 AM.
Old 03-20-2003, 04:10 AM
Tech Adept

Also, all i can is that the carbon deck looks very very AWESOME!
Along with the blue heatsink and a black tune pipe.

Though one thing that is a p*ss off is that my receiver won't fit the receiver holder with the carbon deck. Grrrr.

My car almost kinda looks like a V1R/RR
Still alot of things to adjust now >.<

Here are some more clearer pictures:

Just still need to adjust the linkages and tune pipe.

Last edited by xGSiR; 03-20-2003 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-20-2003, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

will try to post a pic of my vones 2 nite fit for slide carb...
Old 03-20-2003, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

gs u need the r shocks would b very very sexc if u get those
Old 03-20-2003, 10:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sexy R shocks baby

Mine seem to be a different hybrid though.
Attached Thumbnails V-ONE S Thread-v-onesrrmod01.jpg  
Old 03-20-2003, 10:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ass shot.
Attached Thumbnails V-ONE S Thread-v-onesrrmod02.jpg  
Old 03-20-2003, 11:10 PM
Tech Master

gsir u need to get the part off the pulley which fits over the shaft for the clutch then u need to put a E clip on it where it provides it
go here... this is SP racers website that has a good pics on how to install it and wat u need
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~luisola/page6.html
Old 03-21-2003, 01:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by xGSiR
For people who has the carbon deck for their V1S, could you help me with the linkages with the GS15R?

My throttle doesn't go max and brakes just barely works!
arghhhhh.

Quite frustuating adjusting this linkage combo.
Throttle doesn't even go 1/2 way! >.<

Also, i installed my UM210 clutch. Was there anything i need to make sure to install it properly. What i basically did is replaced the UM210 with the standard one the engine came with. Thats it.

Though, the standard one was about 2x the side of the UM210 as in length. So i was wondering there is quite some space left between the ball and clutch kinda.

Though, i took the the car and drove it around a while. Its acceleration fine. Does this mean its A OKAY? Or something else should have been done?
You may have to buy a longer servo horn to give everything enough throw. I cant help that much cos ive got a slide carb.Clutch sounds fine. If its any help i posted some pics with a mock up of the linkages earlier in the thread. Use the search function on the home page.

Give me a better picture with the air filter off and I might be able to help more.

gt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.