Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by MR JOLLY
I can`t believe you pulled the excuse out of the bag tony
`Rather than forcing everyone to pay for the strap even if they don't want to use it, it was decided to make it an option part instead`
you got to do better then that me old fruit
it would be better the other way round , your forcing people to use tape instead

That hole is getting bigger in the ground
MR Jolly,

That's a matter of opinion. Unfortunately not everyone agrees on this so a choice had to be made. Some will agree, some won't. Fact of the matter is that you can run a battery brace if you so desire.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Tonyv
But my desire is strap not tape

not going to win am i , how about i go & buy one
Tonyv
you need to go back to xray forum left another message
this will be the last on this site re;;straps (tight wads) & gearing you don`t race on small indoor hall`s

Wait till iget my FK05 ,that i`ll be back
Old 02-15-2005, 11:55 AM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I find it very humorous that of all the tiny intricate parts of the new FK05 you can only complain about the lack of a battery brace.

On the other hand, if the reason for not including the battery brace was based on a fiscal decision then I'd ask why you still include the wheels! I'd feel comfortable betting my berries that more people use the brace than the wheels!
Old 02-15-2005, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Jka
It`s because there not much wrong with the x-ray, i just thought it was a cheapskate idea, bugger i said i wouldn`t talk about the strap again, no more,leave it
Old 02-15-2005, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Just a note about the battery tape thing...

When i ordered my FK BMI chassis I actually paid an extra $10 to have jason put in slots for tape since the standoffs weigh around .7 of an ounce, plus i thought that tape looked cleaner, lol.

I am quite happy that they are including slots for taping on the new car, save me the time/money of having someone else do it or me doing it.

My only question with the new car, looking at the picture of the car at snowbirds (no clue whose it was) but the rear of the topdeck had standoffs similar to the front, but on the production car those rear standoffs have been elimanted... I have heard on teh 415 they remove the standoffs depending on traction, just curious what the deal was with the 05....
Old 02-15-2005, 12:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by stormperson
My only question with the new car, looking at the picture of the car at snowbirds (no clue whose it was) but the rear of the topdeck had standoffs similar to the front, but on the production car those rear standoffs have been elimanted... I have heard on teh 415 they remove the standoffs depending on traction, just curious what the deal was with the 05....
I think they still were running prototypes at Snowbirds. From what it looks like (and I don’t have anything official on this) the production car will use a 3mm chassis. The car in the picture from Snowbirds may have been one of the prototypes with a 2.2 mm chassis which would have required a heavier duty top deck and supports in the rear to make the car stiff enough. Of coarse this is pure speculation, but, I do know that Tony V has said that they tested both 2.2 and 3mm chassis.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I think I read either here..or on the xray forum that the european drivers still had the prototype cars they had been running, and the american xray drivers had production type cars.....
Old 02-15-2005, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

High tonyv how you doin,
Q)will the chassis on this kit come with chamferred cell slots or ??
Old 02-15-2005, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

ya they are still runin protos but i want to know when the production is coming out????
does anyone know
Old 02-15-2005, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have preordered from Speedtech, Steve said it look like late March timeframe,
Old 02-15-2005, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by rceric
I think they still were running prototypes at Snowbirds. From what it looks like (and I don’t have anything official on this) the production car will use a 3mm chassis. The car in the picture from Snowbirds may have been one of the prototypes with a 2.2 mm chassis which would have required a heavier duty top deck and supports in the rear to make the car stiff enough. Of coarse this is pure speculation, but, I do know that Tony V has said that they tested both 2.2 and 3mm chassis.
The car we raced with at the Bird's had a 3mm chassis and top deck w/stand offs.According to Xray the car in the pic's is 99.9% done and most likely include the top deck w/the stand off's.This car will never suffer from a chassis tweek due to this style top deck and was still under weight!

Thanks
Brian Jucha
Old 02-15-2005, 08:08 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the update Brain.

Eric
Old 02-15-2005, 08:13 PM

Originally posted by stormperson
I have heard on teh 415 they remove the standoffs depending on traction, just curious what the deal was with the 05....
On 415, removing the stand is not only to gain more flex but also eliminating the chance to have chassis tweak after the crash. They tought it would stiffen up the whole thing and will stand harder crash, they just dont realise that it will eventually make the tweak to stay in there after the crash.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:15 PM

High tonyv how you doin,
Asking the Man again after telling him to go back to his own forum (j/k)
Old 02-16-2005, 01:17 AM
Tech Regular

High tonyv how you doin,
I feel jolly

I'm not sure but it's not likely. Apparantly it is being considered to include a mechanic with the kit. Problem is the box is too small. Also it is questionable whether customs will approve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.