Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Old 02-13-2005, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Xray did not supply Horizon....Horizon purchased through Serpent USA....

Xray (IMO) has become a victim of their own success...their business plan involved building up their volumes by gradually increasing market share while concurently launching new lines of product....by the time additonal production capacity was required their new factory was to be completed...

the 'gradually increasing market share' is where they hit their snag....Kits are selling at a faster rate than anticipated and as a result it has been a struggle to meet demand for the parts...

The shortages of the FK is a double-edged sword...people are complaining about the shortages, while at the same time, if the kits were sent out to siton dealer shelves during the announcement of the FK05 people would complain about that as well....

The RDX has been attracting some attention, although Corallyis not without its own history of parts shortages and supply issues...and yes, it has shown some success...but if this past weekend's Snowbird Nationals race was any indication there may be justa little bit of success in store for the FK05....
Old 02-13-2005, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

no doubt the rdx is a good car, and they have some good drivers, I have to wonder how things may have ended up if there had been a few fk05`s in stock and 19t spts tho.........
Old 02-13-2005, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Mdoc
no doubt the rdx is a good car, and they have some good drivers, I have to wonder how things may have ended up if there had been a few fk05`s in stock and 19t spts tho.........
JRXS's as well in the sportsman class? This FK05 looks like the hot car for the moment. I saw the one pic from the birds of a FK05 and man that upper chassis brace was huge! I do like the motor guard as well.
mdoc-- looks like we may have to buy some Turdmiya's to start racing this season till the new rides come out. LOL

Brant
Old 02-13-2005, 11:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Is the FK05 going to be as good on the asphalt as the old Xrays?? Dont race carpet,So winning at all the big carpet races dont mean that much to me..
Old 02-14-2005, 02:13 AM
Tech Elite

is it true that you have to buy the carbon battery brace seperate???? is it true that it comes with absolutely no battery brace and requires you to use tape??

i love my fk xray but this is dead set the CHEAPEST son of a gun cost cutting measure i have ever seen. minus 1 point for xray!

actually, make it 5 points for being so sneaky and confident to make us pay this extra.

if this isn't the case, i take it all back... I LOVE YOU HUDY! ..not like that
Old 02-14-2005, 04:51 AM
Tech Regular

Just gotta say the new kits looked awesome this weekend!
They were dialed beyond belief!
Old 02-14-2005, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

does the US kit come with the one way or ball diff at the front? (or both?)

I know the Xray site says US cars comes with a ball diff but do they also come with the one way?
Old 02-14-2005, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
is it true that you have to buy the carbon battery brace seperate???? is it true that it comes with absolutely no battery brace and requires you to use tape??

i love my fk xray but this is dead set the CHEAPEST son of a gun cost cutting measure i have ever seen. minus 1 point for xray!

actually, make it 5 points for being so sneaky and confident to make us pay this extra.

if this isn't the case, i take it all back... I LOVE YOU HUDY! ..not like that
I would definitely tape cells in on any car that has all the batteries down one side. It's too hard to balance the chassis with the absolute heaviest component laying on one side of the car. Add in a couple aluminum posts, some screws and a big graphite strap and the weight difference becomes even more significant. Taping really isn't that much of a chore on the big cars (TC's versus 12th scale) anyway.

Last edited by CypressMidWest; 02-14-2005 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

Actually on the prototype I used the old six cell brace that was an option for the FK. With that and GP3300 cells the weight bias was still a couple of grams towards the motor side. This was intentially desgined into the car as the GP3700s are slightly heavier...
Old 02-14-2005, 12:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Rear Arms

TonyV,

Are there new rear arms being used by the "team" drivers? Possibly stiffer than the ones that came in the FK kit.

Also, from looking at this picture

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/fk0...es/t1fk_31.jpg

it looks as though there is room on the chassis to move the droop screw hole out farther on the arm and still make full contact with the chassis.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 02-14-2005, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

I just noticed...it looks like they've gone to a larger layshaft bearing now too....

very nice...

every time I look at the FK05 I keep finding more and more things I'm liking about it...

can't wait to get mine
Old 02-14-2005, 01:11 PM
JCB
Tech Addict

When are they do in the US??

thanks,
Old 02-14-2005, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

i'm still monitoring the Xray site and forum as Mario and most of the rest of Xray it seems was pretty much split between the Snowbirds and the Nuremburg model show this past week....

They are back now.so that question is begging to be answered soon hopefully
Old 02-14-2005, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

yes....untill they announce a release date, theres not a lot more to talk about....did any one notice what body the team drivers were using at the snowbirds?......
Old 02-14-2005, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

Everywhere I look I keep getting Mid to Late March as the release date.
Are they thinking of sticking to this or is it still up in the air?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.