Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 05:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Trust me, you will benefit from a good quality servo.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by outtafocus
Trust me, you will benefit from a good quality servo.
+1

I would say a good servo is one of the most important parts of a RACE car.

No one bench races servos but you won't know how important it is until you've ran a good one for a while.

If you have been running a slow servo it will take you a while to get used to a fast one - but in the long run you will be much more consistent with a good servo.

Only down side, a high quality servo starts at around $80.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

any setups in here floating around for vta..just added a 2nd type-r..going to run it in vta...just wondering a good starting point for vta....thx
Old 10-29-2010, 11:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Guys, my two Type R's are up for sale on ebay. Not noted in the sale, but will post to the US if required.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=260684830463

Regards
Ed
Old 10-29-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Your dumping the R? Why if I may be so bold to ask?
Old 10-29-2010, 05:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dfiantii
Your dumping the R? Why if I may be so bold to ask?
For a number of reasons... but the main one being, that in my eyes, the car was the biggest problem for my lack of results this year.

In all my years racing, I've never had so many perplexing moments and frustration trying to figure out why the car didn't work.

I appreciate that for some people it seems to work, but having put a lot of time, effort and money into this year, to end up at the end of the season not being able to perform to the level I want to, something had to change.

Being a honest, how I had the car setup at the last national was the best it handled all year, and baring a bit of steering it was very close. However, the sweet spot on the car just seems incredibly narrow... miss it and your miles off. The car is seemingly also very sensitive to track temperature, so forever trying to chase your tail just gets frustrating.

Back that up with constantly having to predict what part on the car would need replacing next, as it was never designed for the loadings we're now putting through the cars, and with no developments from Losi in the pipeline (seriously, no spool that doesn't destroy outdrives?), just ment that ultimately, despite my best result of the season in the last round, I'd had enough.

Anyway, wish you all luck with it, and I will say I was proud to be offered the opportunity to race the car, but at the end of the day, it's still a hobby for me, and if I'm not enjoying it, whats the point?
Old 10-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I totally understand your point. I am new to the hobby I guess you could say I have a Type R shelf queen cause i have not been able to make it out to the track to start practicing and get my driving skills up to where they need to be to start competing even in club races. I have owned the car for you could say two yrs but I just finished building it last yr. I just wanted to know your take and why you were leaving the car and I thank you for giving a no BS answer...
Old 10-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

just saw this car on horizonhobby, it's $199.99 now. When did the price come down? Is Losi stepping out of touring car scene?
Old 10-29-2010, 08:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
For a number of reasons... but the main one being, that in my eyes, the car was the biggest problem for my lack of results this year.

In all my years racing, I've never had so many perplexing moments and frustration trying to figure out why the car didn't work.

I appreciate that for some people it seems to work, but having put a lot of time, effort and money into this year, to end up at the end of the season not being able to perform to the level I want to, something had to change.

Being a honest, how I had the car setup at the last national was the best it handled all year, and baring a bit of steering it was very close. However, the sweet spot on the car just seems incredibly narrow... miss it and your miles off. The car is seemingly also very sensitive to track temperature, so forever trying to chase your tail just gets frustrating.

Back that up with constantly having to predict what part on the car would need replacing next, as it was never designed for the loadings we're now putting through the cars, and with no developments from Losi in the pipeline (seriously, no spool that doesn't destroy outdrives?), just ment that ultimately, despite my best result of the season in the last round, I'd had enough.

Anyway, wish you all luck with it, and I will say I was proud to be offered the opportunity to race the car, but at the end of the day, it's still a hobby for me, and if I'm not enjoying it, whats the point?
Wow, after reading this I have some doubt that I still want the car. This is the first border line negative thing I have read about the Type R.
I know everyone has their opinions and there's no perfect car that everyone agrees on but I'd like to have a car with a larger set up window..........
Old 10-29-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Midget
I'm really looking foward to getting one of these kits and I still am but that sounds like a lot of B.S. to have happen when building a new kit. Sounds like you had to make some parts fit or line up.
Anyone else have these issues?
Big Midget
Don't get me wrong the build was great, just pointing out some things you might want to pay attention to. The shock tower not lining up with the bulkhead turned out to be a non issue, just looked like off to me but once everything is all together it fits fine. I did break a droop screw but that was my own fault, EA3 plastic has to be pre-tapped and screws only tightened snuggly. My lipo case is a bulky 5300mAH so I expected to have to mod the case to get it to fit. My Orion 3200's fit perfectly. As for the shock cap, well I haven't read of anyone else having issues so I just had bad luck on that one and four new ones cost $4.
So really the only real issue with the build is the spindle carriers.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thanks for the heads up Brodie
Old 10-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No problem Big Midget
can't comment on getting it set-up properly and the narrow "sweet spot" but some cars don't suit some peoples driving style. My receiver decided to call it quits after four feet of driving tonight at the track so as of yet it is untested. That four feet was SWEET though

Forgot to mention that the spur is 64 Pitch which I didn't realize when I ordered it and all the hobby shops I called only had 48P. Thankfully a guy at the track had a random old 64P that he lent me, not that I ended up needing it tonight
Old 10-29-2010, 09:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I used to run 64 pitch, I liked it. Its quieter than 48 and you can zero in on your final drive ratio.
I agree with you on different cars fitting different driving stiles.
I'd like to find that car

Anyone else think the R has a narrow tuning window or sweet spot.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

It was interesting to see Ed's comment about the narrow sweet spot, i have driven this car for nearly a year now and have tried lots of different setups on it, ALL setups have been good some better than others but All have been good, so in my testing i have found the sweet spot to be very large.
The durability of the car is exellent, yes the out drives are a bit sort but so are the Tamiys 416 spool cups, the diff is the biggest pain i have found on this car, in mod i need to rebuild it after every run but after a few rebuilds it becomes easy.
The car generates good grip and at times its over gripped but with some small changes you can take the grip out, anyway thats how i find the car.

Rhys

Originally Posted by Big Midget
I used to run 64 pitch, I liked it. Its quieter than 48 and you can zero in on your final drive ratio.
I agree with you on different cars fitting different driving stiles.
I'd like to find that car

Anyone else think the R has a narrow tuning window or sweet spot.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

so I'm on the losi band wagon now, and only onto 5min into the build came across a mis manufactured pulley(one side cover is missing), as shown in the pic left. Shouldnt matter anyway as I will most likely run spool on the front, but would have been nice to try a diff at front first, or at least have a spare diff for the rear, as both front and rears are the same.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-sdc10721.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.