Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas Slash spec class racing at Ryde in 2009 and beyond

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 12:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey Steve,i was just looking at GoHard Hobbies on ebay....
he has the traxxas slash tyres and wheels for 43 aus a pair for rims and tyres,but only the rears.......maybe he parted a rig out,could explain only having rear wheels,maybe?i thought the rears would have sold first.....

he also has the proline switches for 58aus a pair,just for the tyres.......
i know him pretty well,so i might see how he will go supplying the prolines to us in bulk,and for what price.......that way we can do a bulk buy and just keep suppling the club racers at ryde......im sure that the boys that are buying them on the crawlpit will chuck in for a set each for there rigs....

it may be worth it,it may not......but im guessing the prolines may last longer than the traxxas tyres...
Old 02-02-2009, 03:14 AM
Tech Regular

you can get the prolines on ebay for 16.90 and 6.50 postage. even after exchange rate thats only 30-35 a pair... thats how much most tyres are here anyway...and they are beadlocks.
i have them and they handle 10 times better, and as for traction roll thicker shock oils fixed that..
now my slash is drivable even with a 4800 brushless...great fun
Old 02-02-2009, 03:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rapster402
you can get the prolines on ebay for 16.90 and 6.50 postage. even after exchange rate thats only 30-35 a pair... thats how much most tyres are here anyway...and they are beadlocks.
i have them and they handle 10 times better, and as for traction roll thicker shock oils fixed that..
now my slash is drivable even with a 4800 brushless...great fun
Thanks Rapster, that is a handy insight.

So, the question is, do we want our Slash's handling perfectly?.

I know my thoughts on that.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:05 AM
Tech Elite

handling perfectly
i dont think they ever will handle perfectly

i reckon we will still see lots of sliding,rubbing slash madness running these,and at 30-35 dollars aus a pair,im willing to change over too these new prolines,just hope they dont tame the awesome slash "outtacontrol" handling too much...if they do,we can always run a stiffer oil,and less camber for more slash madness
Old 02-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

oh nah its still a handfull, but its damn fun. the 4800 i run is a medusa motor with 23/90 gearing, so it absolutley flies. i run 50wt front and 60wt rear with 30000wt diff oil with a sealed diff. the proline beadlocks were expensive, but i hate glueing tyres. this way i can rotate the tyres front to back, and reverse them to get better wear out of using both sides of the tyre treads. probably handles better too with the extra wheel weight. but yea now it hardly ever traction rolls and i can get brushless power down to a degree..

i want to bring it out to race with you guys but your only running a stock class at the moment... and i dont want to buy another crap titan. also the alloy shock caps are great...so much more reliable now. it would be silly to have to remove these for a spec class
Old 02-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Alloy shock caps are ok.

Still, if you have nothing going on, we'd appreciate it if you came down and gave a demo in the lunch break or something so we can see the tyres at work.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Regular

whens the next race on? lunch is at 12.30?? also what time do the slashes go out.
i wanna come down check it out.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Racing kicks off at 10.30, and the Slashes run 5 times, like all the other classes.

Lunch is between rounds 3 and 4, so it depends on how well the day is proceeding. So, for an exact time, umm....
Old 02-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rapster402
oh nah its still a handfull, but its damn fun. the 4800 i run is a medusa motor with 23/90 gearing, so it absolutley flies. i run 50wt front and 60wt rear with 30000wt diff oil with a sealed diff. the proline beadlocks were expensive, but i hate glueing tyres. this way i can rotate the tyres front to back, and reverse them to get better wear out of using both sides of the tyre treads. probably handles better too with the extra wheel weight. but yea now it hardly ever traction rolls and i can get brushless power down to a degree..

i want to bring it out to race with you guys but your only running a stock class at the moment... and i dont want to buy another crap titan. also the alloy shock caps are great...so much more reliable now. it would be silly to have to remove these for a spec class
i would love to watch yor rig on the track mate,good to hear that the prolines still let them behave like a slashim all up for using them,but whats the wear rate like compared to the traxxas tyre?

i have a mamba 5700kv setup,might put that in for a demo race with u,but my tyres are very bald.....took it out for a few hotlaps this morning,and it was a handful

on a side note Steve,i run a 20 tooth pinion on it today,going the correct direction,it cleared and over jumped the stepup every time for 40 laps

motor was warm after approx 10-12 laps,so i think it would be ok to run the 20 in our heats,even a 19 maybe?

also,i would like to put forward that we can seal our diffs and use diff oil,gets rid of the horrible diffing out situation.......

also Steve,might be good time to put ya lrp motor in for a demo this weekend maybe,and would u be interested in selling yor second lrp
Old 02-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Tech Regular

they wear pretty well. i havent been running them that long, but after 5-6 lipo packs with a 4800kv they are pretty good. they are better then the stock ones thats for sure. much nicer to drive on. ill try and make it down to the track when the next race is on and you guys can see for yourself.
we could do a back to back comparison and fit my wheels to a spec truck, see the difference.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Regular

are you boys heading down this sunday?
Old 02-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

The organisers canned Sunday the 8th last night, as it's going to be 42*. We crawl on the 3rd sunday of each month, so I guess it'll be the last w/e of the month..
Old 02-03-2009, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

considering the cooler day today,maybe it wont be 42 on sunday,do u think they will still run it?
i have had a few people say that the prolines last longer than the traxxas original tyre,might be worth looking into....
my mamba setup has only run on the traxxas tyres twice,and then ive run about 15 packs through it on the titan,the tyres are pretty shagged
next race is going to be real interesting to say the least, with no tread

rapster,do u still have yor original tyres?if they still have tread,i will buy them off you

out of interest,my gearing for the mamba is 14/90 at the moment(5700kv)
sounds like yor vxl slash is a real weapon mate
Old 02-04-2009, 12:28 AM
Tech Regular

yea the mamba's you have to gear them right down. they get hot too quick. i had a mm7700 but it died. im running the medusa now and thats good fun. 4800kv seems perfect and with this gearing its bloody fast. i only drive it predominantly bashing so im getting a heat sink and fan for it.
i have a 3t orion motor i might put in it for fun but the wheel spin just damages the tyres...i started to notice little tears near the beadlock due to hard tyre balloning and bashing etc...just have to treat it a little nicer i think.
i also have a proline hardcore body for it...just designing the paint job for it so wont be ready for a while...great looking shell though.

i do have my old tyres, but im gonna keep them incase certain spec classes wont allow the prolines.

i also have a set of 4 alloy traxxas shock caps for sale.they suit the narrow traxxas shocks i think maybe from a bandit? they are a size down from the slash ones. they are annodised blue.
also have a integy alloy gearbox housing in silver in good nick, few marks. suits bandit, rustler, slash etc, it just doesnt have a mount for the rear slash bumper. its good for cooling your engine from heat transfer, and the bulkheads for the hingepins are separate so you can adjust rear toe... might be good for someones mod/basher.
after $20 for the shock caps, $40 in shops
and after $30 for the gearbox housing....wouldnt wanna know the price with the AU dollar right now...

would you guys be keen for a muck around bash at the track sunday morning....say 9-9.30 before the heat kicks in.. this way we dont have to wait for our class to be drawn.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Considering it is still being forecast as 44C on Sunday I think it is fair to say there won't be any racing on but keep checking the weather and the forum because if it is below 36C there will be racing. I know I'm keen because if it's called off I have to go to the in-laws and I know what I would rather be doing.

Also have a read of this for an explaination of what is going on at the track at the moment. http://www.sydneyrc.com/2009/Newslet...ary%202009.pdf

Nick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.