Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Aluminum Front Hubs/Axles

Originally posted by HarshGuy
I remember reading somewhere that they don't make the solid au oudrives anymore as they were beeing replaced with the multidiff ( 305012 ) ...I picked up a spring stell diff, but it doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere anymore, here's where I had gotten it:

http://www.thercshack.com/index.asp?...OD&ProdID=2093
Crap! And I assume that you can not buy just the diff half or just the replacement outdrives either???

Right now I have 2 set of the lightweight diff with no long size diff half. Does this mean I will have to buy the whole diff assembly every time the diff half is busted? That doesn’t sound right.

I ran the car on the carpet for two weeks with out no problem, because I don’t use any brake. Ran asphalt for two broke two diffs…. Crap, this is really sucks.

I checked RC shack earlier and few more places, no joy.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

You musta hit something real hard to do that....

Find it hardta believe braking did that... unless it was braking.. as in using front wheel vs a concrete block...
Old 04-17-2005, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by MartynD
You musta hit something real hard to do that....

Find it hardta believe braking did that... unless it was braking.. as in using front wheel vs a concrete block...

When I ran on the asphalt I ran the front diff really tight almost lock it up like a spool. The asphalt track we ran got a 180 turn after the str8 away and have lot of traction but no concrete blocks.

If you wish to duplicate the problem. Try a very tight real tight front diff and yank it and let it rip for 75 feet and hit the brake a few times and see how the lightweight diffhalf hold up.

I didn't blame anyone but me, didn't know better not to lock it up. Didn't have a real spool, oh well.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah, that would do it. They are lightweight and thus less strong than the full weight ones. If you prefer to run this way I'd recommend the spring steel diff instead as it is much stronger: http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...kategoria=1297 . If you truly want to run a spool I'd suggest the new multi-diff (available for both T1FK'05 and previous T1 incarnations) as the driveshaft adapters are also made from springsteel.

Note that I haven't seen this happen before with the lightweight diffs so I assume that unless you have a seriously hard crash they are sufficiently strong when run as a normal diff.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by tonyv
Yeah, that would do it. They are lightweight and thus less strong than the full weight ones. If you prefer to run this way I'd recommend the spring steel diff instead as it is much stronger: http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...kategoria=1297 . If you truly want to run a spool I'd suggest the new multi-diff (available for both T1FK'05 and previous T1 incarnations) as the driveshaft adapters are also made from springsteel.

Note that I haven't seen this happen before with the lightweight diffs so I assume that unless you have a seriously hard crash they are sufficiently strong when run as a normal diff.
Thanks Tonyv,
The first time I broke the diff half, it may suffered the injury from 2 weeks ago. The 2nd one was just a few hours old (just bought that day).

I think the problem was me, I think lightweight diff wasn't intend to be used like that. Wrong tool for the application

At any rate, I knew the options are there... BUT where can I BUY it?

Link to the XRAY option page didn't help me, cuz I can't buy it.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Like Mario on the XRay forum I suggest you email to email to <a href="mailto:[email protected]</a> . They should be able to say where in the US these can be ordered.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

All I did was order the old style diff (the one that is not all cut out), took the balls out, and tightened it down, works perfectly.
-Mike

Old 04-17-2005, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Anybody know if the HPI Pro4 shocks will work on the FK05?
I know the Tamiya Dampers work, but was wondering about the HPI ones will work.
I noticed the HPI springs have a shorter spring length.
Nothing wrong with the Xray ones, but after building Tamiya and then HPI dampers, the Xray ones fall a little short.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hello all. I finally joined the masses and got a FK05. Not ready to dump the TC4 quite yet as it was dialed last night on rubbers\asphalt but it will never see carpet again. Just finished building it and can't wait to drive it

BTW... What is the inetrnal reduction on this car?

Komkit.... You animal!!!! Where were you? Fredrick???
Old 04-17-2005, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by RoNTC3
Hello all. I finally joined the masses and got a FK05. Not ready to dump the TC4 quite yet as it was dialed last night on rubbers\asphalt but it will never see carpet again. Just finished building it and can't wait to drive it

BTW... What is the inetrnal reduction on this car?

Old 04-17-2005, 02:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by =MisFitz= NuKe

Thanx... Shouldn't they put that in the Manual?

Or did they and I didn't see it( not totally out of the question)
Old 04-17-2005, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

They did, it is near the part where they show what pinions and spurs to run, etc.

-Mike
Old 04-17-2005, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by =MisFitz= NuKe
All I did was order the old style diff (the one that is not all cut out), took the balls out, and tightened it down, works perfectly.
-Mike

Yes, that one of what I was looking for....

Where can I find them old type or SS one?
Old 04-17-2005, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by RoNTC3

Yep, the surface is awsome.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by komkit
Yes, that one of what I was looking for....

Where can I find them old type or SS one?
Well, when I ordered mine, RCAmerica still had some in stock. So, you should be able to get whichever hobbyshop you buy from to order one for you.

-Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.