Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 07:29 PM
GK
Suspended

When I was ordering my cvd's and looked them up on xray website it was obvious to me I needed a pair of cvd set (set = outdrive + shaft)... Anyway, car is performing great here at Capitol Classic, Burch is TQ so far after 3rd qual., Barry Baker right behind him in 2nd. and I believe Ralph set the TQ with a quick fuel splash stop, not 100% sure though. 3 more rounds to go. Everyone seem to run spool, most use 80k oil in rear diff. (BTW, I re-used diff o-ring for the second time, still no leak you have to make sure it sits in groove). I run cvd's, but another guy runs dog bones he lost one only because he forgot to put the o-ring in the drive, no more issues after he fixed it. Car is really easy to drive, very happy with it! Nothing broke yet and I was airborne couple of times lol, I did strip 2nd spur due to not having the right mesh, fixed it and it's fine now.

Last edited by GK; 06-09-2007 at 03:30 AM.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
I too pay for parts (contrary to what you may believe, nitrogasm) and I do understand the cost of the parts, but as Bryan stated earlier, we dont even sell 8th scale universals because they hardly wear out!

But as far as the sets go, again, it is unfortunate, but the point remains that this info is public.
With all assumptions, guessing and well it says set so I should get a complete set asside, it still comes down to the fact that the information is public and its yours to have!

Go to www.teamxray.com and do a parts search for 335205, or even axle and click on the link to the part in the results and notice that there is only one in the picture!

Thamjk: Yes, this is true, you get an axle, dogbone, coupler, pin and a grub screw, a /set/ of parts to make a complete universal. And once again, what if the task at hand is to complete one single CV axle that you managed to break in a race, now you don't have to buy two and the task at hand is completed...

As far as the German hobby stores go, I bet you're paying twice as much... And at that, XRay makes one product, there was no mistake in packaging, and the German law could have as much fun as they wanted to with this because in no place does it say that you get two!

All in all, I do apologize about the misunderstanding, and as Bryan said, we will contact them to see if they can do anything to further help one understand how many of a certain item are included in a package...
Just I said before, the description of the shop says that are two. Of course itīs a mistake of the shop.

Here in Germany one xray cvd costs 38$, so you have to pay for a set 76$, the mugen ones costs 58$.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Do not need it.

Nitrogasm,

I have sold about 6 of these kits to my local racers, plus I race one. We do not have a single hop-up on this car. We are running at one of the larger and more demanding tracks in the country(cinci)(ask ralph). I have a ton of parts for this car and after driving it for 6 races. It does not break. Trust me I would have broken it already. I have driven it full speed into the straight board. 288ft long.

I wish it would break. Not one person is running the CVD's. If you build the bones right they do not come out. Anyone that says this car is not race ready is wrong. I raced with Lemuix(sp) He did not have a single hopup part. The only thing I had to change was the gears.

If someone can figure out how to break the NT1, please post it. I will try to duplicate it to start selling parts.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:02 PM
GK
Suspended

Update from capitol classic, Burch TQ, Baker 2nd, Bobby Flack 8th...
Attached Thumbnails Xray NT1-sedan.jpg  
Old 06-10-2007, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nitrogasm,

Why do you think you need hop-ups to be competitive? You are like many that I see post on here. That is if you don't have 100 hop-up parts on your car (which runs into the hundreds of dollars), then you will never be competitive. I run my MTX-4 bone stock and I am quite competitive in my area. That is competitive against guys that have tons of hop-ups on their cars (Vone RRRs, 720s, and other MTX4s). In fact, I just got in from a race in Jackson, MS and ran against several guys that have NT1s that are bone stock and the car was just as fast, if not faster than mine. Just run your car as is and you will do fine. Hop-ups don't make your car handle better or faster, practicing your racing skills accomplishes that feat.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

When I talked to Ralph after the first day, he said his fastest time, which was .2 faster than Barry's was with a pit stop!
Old 06-10-2007, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I ran my NT1 after having the parts... One thing that really at really got me is with this kit... I had the pillow ball screws back out and many others.... Has anyone else had this issue?
Old 06-10-2007, 08:49 AM
Tech Initiate

never did i say i wanted or even use or need any hop ups , you guys dont listen or read very well.

my car is bone stock except for cvd's which now cost me nearly $100 dollars to buy since i had to pay x2 the shipping because of the set or pair being misrepresented .

i am not the only person who fell for this poor choice of marketing words and had to then spend more to have the second cvd shipped .

quit twisting the point of my posts around .

it is my feeling that car's including the mugen i drove need no hop up's at all . to the guy that says you cant break an nt1 , your very wrong

lets rack up 3 broken knuckles , and a rear a arm broken cleanly in half at our track , every nt1 i have seen at the track has lost front dog bones more than one time.

both the nt1's racing at our track have broken parts and lost cvd's both drivers race in the expert class and are not thrashers.

to bryan and rocco or whoever is trying to justify hudy's extremely high prices by comparing it to the t2 or older xray's all i have to say is that you guys and mr hudy have conditioned the sheep well. i however being new to your brand will not fall in line like all the other sheep .

you say the reason for the cvd's being double the price of any others is because they dont break , well i have run the living hell out of my mtx4 and i have never bent or broken a mugen cvd . so what makes yours worth twice the price?

it is xray that needs to fall in line and it is the treatment by xray reps that has now put me on a quest to continue to shed lite on the fact they are ripping the rc community .

you opened a can of worms that your gonna have to eat over and over , i said i was done in this issue and xray's people felt they had to poke a dead dog with a stick.

and to all the bandwagon jumpers trying to rip on me for the obvious wrong reason quit being hudy humpers and open your eyes. never did i say a car needs hop up's

xray cars are good , xray the company not so good

btw have you guys ever figured out why the kit car comes with a dish washing sponge for a front bumper .
Old 06-10-2007, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
I ran my NT1 after having the parts... One thing that really at really got me is with this kit... I had the pillow ball screws back out and many others.... Has anyone else had this issue?
I just built my NT1, havent ran it yet, and noticed that the pillow balls went in very easily. I was worried about this. I read somewhere, here or xray forum maybe, to apply blue locktite to the pillow ball screws and retainers. Last night I backed them all out applied the locktight.

edit:

Found it. Go to Xray forum under NT1 FAQ sticky http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic.php?t=5351 part of the way down the page.

Last edited by royfan33; 06-10-2007 at 09:10 AM. Reason: additional text
Old 06-10-2007, 08:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bvoltz
yes and pivot balls also fit loosely in the a arm and can change the cars camber during a run . good point i had overlooked.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by twoh
Nitrogasm,
It does not break. Trust me I would have broken it already. I have driven it full speed into the straight board. 288ft long.

if someone can figure out how to break the NT1, please post it. I will try to duplicate it to start selling parts.
wow full speed into the boards after a 288ft straight . someone is telling a fishing tale ........

here is a rear a arm that snapped cleanly in half entering the pit at low speed catching the pit board

and secondly is a wide front bumper that was toast upon a single hit not even on the straight at higher speeds
the bumper was unusable and was bent so badly the car would no longer turn because it was riding on the bumper.
i guess the bumper did it's job of protecting the rest of the front end but one bumper per hard crash is not a very good blend of plactics would you say ?

i have had the same bumper on the mugen fro day one and have had plenty of hard crashes never has it needed to be replaced .

sorry i dont have pix of the knuckles , i will try to get pictures of the thrust bearing broken in half too.
Attached Thumbnails Xray NT1-picture-035.jpg   Xray NT1-picture-036.jpg   Xray NT1-picture-038.jpg  
Old 06-10-2007, 10:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
When I talked to Ralph after the first day, he said his fastest time, which was .2 faster than Barry's was with a pit stop!
im sure this has less to do with the car than burch perhaps being the best gas racer of all time .

baker, burch , grosskamp ect ect will win with whatever car they are running . it's no secret that what wins on sunday sells on monday and this is why hudy went out and bought up as many top drivers as possible .

again burch has been winning and dominating gas racing for as long as i can remember and has been doing so long before hudy came along.

i am positive if burch baker and the rest of the xray team were running kyosho mugen or team magic those cars would be on top of the podiums too.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:03 AM
Tech Adept

agreed
Originally Posted by JLock
Nitrogasm,

Why do you think you need hop-ups to be competitive? You are like many that I see post on here. That is if you don't have 100 hop-up parts on your car (which runs into the hundreds of dollars), then you will never be competitive. I run my MTX-4 bone stock and I am quite competitive in my area. That is competitive against guys that have tons of hop-ups on their cars (Vone RRRs, 720s, and other MTX4s). In fact, I just got in from a race in Jackson, MS and ran against several guys that have NT1s that are bone stock and the car was just as fast, if not faster than mine. Just run your car as is and you will do fine. Hop-ups don't make your car handle better or faster, practicing your racing skills accomplishes that feat.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

I would say the car is tough, not invincible. I've broken a couple steering hubs but only on hits hard enough that you would expect something to break. Nothing unexpected. I've been impressed with how stout the kit is.

On the CVD "set" issue. The name is misleading. Especially when a set of 2 front CVDs can be had for about the same price as a "set" of 1 Xray CVD. What is that all about? What makes the Xray stuff worth twice as much?

The CVDs and hard bumper are the only mandatory upgrade though. They both should have been included in the kit as far as I'm concerned.

It would seem, some of the parts that came in the box were based on business decisions; not what the overwhelming majority of the people who would buy the car would want. I don't fault them for wanting to make money but there comes a point when it gets out of hand.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So Nitrogasm...

Aside from some of these issues you're having with the car, how does the NT1 compare to the Mugen out on the track? Are you any faster? Is it easier to drive? etc, etc...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.