Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
So Nitrogasm...

Aside from some of these issues you're having with the car, how does the NT1 compare to the Mugen out on the track? Are you any faster? Is it easier to drive? etc, etc...

well rmd the mugen got me to top three of the expert class points lead , i switched to the nt1 a little after mid season , i had issues with some breakage which put me down in the points , but once fixed kept me on the podium .

i would not say i am any faster with the nt1 , i am pretty fast with both the mugen and the xray and have set fast lap times with both cars .
as i eluded earlier about ralph burch being a fast driver using any car . i can drive well with either

they do handle differently out of the box , i would say bone stock factory setting the xray suits my driving style more when used with proper springs but once both are dialed in they can run equal to one another .

if i had disposable income the xray would become kindling fire starter at a backyard bbq and i would go back to the mugen or run the serpent . but i am not a rich man and i have unfortunately invested my racing budget into the xray

for the record i bought a set of nt1's , that is to say i have 2 kits , the second was purchased just for spares

cvd's and either the hard bumper or wide plastic bumper should never be considered hop up's but more of an included kit piece .

fact is xray rushed the car to market half assed ,it only takes a short read through the build instructions and the set up book to see the errors along with including those silver springs that are useless to a serious racer .

also upon doing further reseach it appears they pull all sorts of funny stuff regading the electric cars , coming out with upgraded version faster then computer technology moves with no means of upgrading older versions . bad company . look through the eletric touring car threads and you'll find complaint after complaint.

but then i guess they have to figure out a way to pay for all these championships and high zoot drivers they employ
Old 06-10-2007, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitrogasm
if i had disposable income the xray would become kindling fire starter at a backyard bbq ...
That's funny.

Thanks for the feedback. It's too bad things are not working out very well. Considering your investment, that is very unfortunate. Perhaps it might be best to cut your losses and put the cars up for sale. Given your situation, you might end up spending more money than you might be losing.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ya know,the initial runs of the r40 had loose pillow balls also...and the knuckles never broke,but the the ball could pop through in a hard hit....and for those 2 things,everyone crucified the car,cause its typical HPI.......the car came with cvds,and though not secret magic metal,I've only broken 1 in 4 years.....and you can buy them separate.....7 for the axle,6 for the bone....

yet no one can say anything bad cause this is an xray.....I'd put HPI's customer service against X Rays any day of the week.......,cause in the end,thats a deal maker or deal breaker for me.......which is why my next car will be orange.......Oh wait,I forgot,this is not a HUDY policed forum......thats why my next car will be a SERPENT..

Last edited by fastharry™; 06-10-2007 at 03:43 PM.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Old 06-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Special.........
Old 06-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by royfan33
I just built my NT1, havent ran it yet, and noticed that the pillow balls went in very easily. I was worried about this. I read somewhere, here or xray forum maybe, to apply blue locktite to the pillow ball screws and retainers. Last night I backed them all out applied the locktight.

edit:

Found it. Go to Xray forum under NT1 FAQ sticky http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic.php?t=5351 part of the way down the page.

Thanks for this information.... I still think this just is not right to put blue locktite on the pillow ball screws, but hey if it keeps them in the same place, ok...

Question, sorry for the dumb quesiton, but I left my clutch on from another mfg, but I think this was a mistake because the it seems the clutch is not working correctly. Yes, it was from a RRR car..
Old 06-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitrogasm
never did i say i wanted or even use or need any hop ups , you guys dont listen or read very well.

my car is bone stock except for cvd's which now cost me nearly $100 dollars to buy since i had to pay x2 the shipping because of the set or pair being misrepresented .

i am not the only person who fell for this poor choice of marketing words and had to then spend more to have the second cvd shipped .

quit twisting the point of my posts around .

it is my feeling that car's including the mugen i drove need no hop up's at all . to the guy that says you cant break an nt1 , your very wrong

lets rack up 3 broken knuckles , and a rear a arm broken cleanly in half at our track , every nt1 i have seen at the track has lost front dog bones more than one time.

both the nt1's racing at our track have broken parts and lost cvd's both drivers race in the expert class and are not thrashers.

to bryan and rocco or whoever is trying to justify hudy's extremely high prices by comparing it to the t2 or older xray's all i have to say is that you guys and mr hudy have conditioned the sheep well. i however being new to your brand will not fall in line like all the other sheep .

you say the reason for the cvd's being double the price of any others is because they dont break , well i have run the living hell out of my mtx4 and i have never bent or broken a mugen cvd . so what makes yours worth twice the price?

it is xray that needs to fall in line and it is the treatment by xray reps that has now put me on a quest to continue to shed lite on the fact they are ripping the rc community .

you opened a can of worms that your gonna have to eat over and over , i said i was done in this issue and xray's people felt they had to poke a dead dog with a stick.

and to all the bandwagon jumpers trying to rip on me for the obvious wrong reason quit being hudy humpers and open your eyes. never did i say a car needs hop up's

xray cars are good , xray the company not so good

btw have you guys ever figured out why the kit car comes with a dish washing sponge for a front bumper .

There is no twisting going on, I am only presenting a valid counterpoint to your 'point'...

All I have said is that we are sorry for the misunderstanding on your part, but the product information was/is/will always be public!

About the price, I don't know what to say other than, I feel your pain, because I too buy my stuff!

And on the sheep comment, I take this as a direct insult to my intelligence in that I cannot form my own personal opinions. I have been in this hobby since I was 9 years old, I have built and run just about every modern car, and the first XRay I built, I didn't want to run any other kit, and that was way before RCAmerica was even a thought!

Also, pardon me for posting news, God forbid that on a public forum!

Oh and lastly, please understand the language barrier between the Slovakians and their world market, it is not their goal to brain wash people and make them buy their cars and once you do buy them, who says they can't be broken?! Our other customers may have been lucky, who knows, but as history shows, I would be willing to bet these cars are very stout as well...

As far as English goes, the word is allude, not elude.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Tech Initiate

well rocco , the sheep comment was not directed at you but instead the consumers that feel it's ok to be ripped off and say nothing about it.
so i dont understand how you could take personal insult over the sheep comment .

thanks for posting the news about ralph's performance , as i have stated ralph would win no matter what car he drove so and as stated he is probably the best gas racer in the world over the last 20 or so years .

now the fact that you a representitive of xray/rcamerica is flinging personal insults is unreal , how did you ever become a team driver with such a poor attitude toward people .
so i mispelled a word it happens everyday online . i would guess nearly half the posts in this thread have typos or mis spellings but for an rcamerica/xray representitive to rip someone for it shows a complete lack of class on your part and that's a direct reflection of xray/rcamerica.
if i were mr hudy your ass would be gone from anything to do with my company.
ever hear the term the customer is always right ?

that doesnt mean the customer is always right but it is a way of handling an adverse condition regarding a customer that could be difused if handled right .

in the future may i suggest a simple way for you to handle issues such as this the correct way .
simply say hey bro sorry for the mix up lemme see if i can do anything to help you out for the mix up .
or we're sorry for the misrepresentation because of the cultural difference and what set could mean in slovakia , lemme see what we can do to fix it.

like i said earlier i was all good on this issue but it was you guys that had to poke that sleeping dog with a stick .

xray felt it ok to gouge my pocket book so now it's my turn to sway as many customers from buying xray as i feel fair.

i posted broken parts beause someone else here claims the car cant be broken and says he wishes he could break it.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rmargiotta

Yes, this is true, you get an axle, dogbone, coupler, pin and a grub screw, a /set/ of parts to make a complete universal. And once again, what if the task at hand is to complete one single CV axle that you managed to break in a race, now you don't have to buy two and the task at hand is completed...

You got that right when I come to think of it agin another round. It is always a frustration when someone broke a CVD and force to buy 1 pair of CVD and have another CVD sitting down in the box doing nothing.

Dispite of all these issues and some encouraging photos of Xray build-up with good comments, I hate to say this but its tempting me to do what I refused to do at first...
Old 06-10-2007, 07:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by thamjk
You got that right when I come to think of it agin another round. It is always a frustration when someone broke a CVD and force to buy 1 pair of CVD and have another CVD sitting down in the box doing nothing.

Dispite of all these issues and some encouraging photos of Xray build-up with good comments, I hate to say this but its tempting me to do what I refused to do at first...
hold on according to these guys the cvd's are un breakable , so why not sell them in pair/ set form .
Old 06-10-2007, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=Nitrogasm;3386241]hold on according to these guys the cvd's are un breakable , so why not sell them in pair/ set form .[/QUOTE nothing unbreakalbe.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would love to see this forum get back on track.

1. All cars break. Some easier than others. The Xray is pretty solid. I've owned and raced Kyosho's, Mugens, and Serpents. This car might be the most solid i've owned. Kyosho, Mugen, and Xrays are Tanks.

2. I made the same mistake with the CVD's. I got over it! Life is too short to ponder over that.

3. Xray got it right the first time. This car is very good. You dont need hop-ups at all! Only thing I think is mandatory is a longer second gear. This car is so smooth. Free drive train, great brakes, easy to work on, and easy to drive.

So much other stuff to talk about like setups, etc.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Yes, back on track. Ran at the 301 Capital Classic. The car was AWSOME! Yes, it is built like a tank, it is very durable, and with the couple hits I took with the car, the car held up very well! The CVD's, not a problem, you get what you pay for and I can say that they are well worth it! Although I didn't make the A-main, missed out by 2.7 seconds,
Old 06-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I think my question lost in this debate... I personally think at the end of the day if you do not like it... then don't buy it... You have many choices of very good cars... I understand you had something on your mind, you stated, ok we see it and we get it... Like others, I was suprised, but I got over it... Like it, Love it or leave it... you have the choice....

But my question is about the clutch, did I make an oops? Question, sorry for the dumb quesiton, but I left my clutch on from another mfg, but I think this was a mistake because the it seems the clutch is not working correctly. Yes, it was from a RRR car..

I'm new to Nitro so is it the rule you run the clutch provided by that MFG? Or are they inter changable?

I was please with the performance of the NT1, but I must say at this time I have the RRR more dialed. The rear end seems to be a little loose, but I will solve that problem... What springs are guys keeping in your tool box for your NT1? I know with the RRR you only need the "blue" (they look light blue) and do not need to change these... In most cases.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I see on the Xray NT1 online setup sheet they have on the shocks section you can either select plastic or aluminium shock bodies...does this mean xray will be bringing the aluminium shock bodies back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.