Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 09:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JLock
Most of you guys are funny as heck. Most of you just recently plopped down 4 to 5 bones just months ago for you MTX-4 or V-one-RRR (WC), 720, etc. Now, most of you want to jump ship again and buy the latest/greatest. And then you wonder why you fall behind the competition. While you are learning a new car every two to three months, the Cyruls, Burchs, and Swaugers and the racers that mimic them are mastering their rides, perfecting their skills. Once you get the skills like Ralph, then it is easy to switch cars. This seems to be forgotten in the quest to have the latest/greatest.
And I thought that the car was what made people fast? Practice and skill??? HMMMM? But then again, Serpent sort of did smash the competition.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpentd
And I thought that the car was what made people fast? Practice and skill??? HMMMM? But then again, Serpent sort of did smash the competition.
Skills, who has time to develop them when you switch car every other month!!! The way I learned it, it is 55% driver (skills), 25% setup, 15% car, and 5% good pit crew. But as I learned at my last two bigger races, my most important percentage was the 5%, forget the rest.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JLock
Most of you guys are funny as heck. Most of you just recently plopped down 4 to 5 bones just months ago for you MTX-4 or V-one-RRR (WC), 720, etc. Now, most of you want to jump ship again and buy the latest/greatest. And then you wonder why you fall behind the competition. While you are learning a new car every two to three months, the Cyruls, Burchs, and Swaugers and the racers that mimic them are mastering their rides, perfecting their skills. Once you get the skills like Ralph, then it is easy to switch cars. This seems to be forgotten in the quest to have the latest/greatest.
Jump ship? What's wrong with running 3 different brands? And as far as mastering the cars, my biggest challenge isn't learning them - it's my driving.

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 02-20-2007 at 12:32 AM.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

How many Serpents were in A Main?

We all know that Paolo is a great driver. I don't think anyone questions that. Same thing with Toso, who I'm sure everyone knows won the 2006 Nationals with a 720. Serpent is a good car, but not everyone has the skills to win with it - and on some days, they just run into some bad luck and the thing breaks.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JetMD
Funny how Xray supporters always call them the Ferrari of r/c cars. So, you are comparing this Ferrari to what? A Toyota? Well, then let's see a Ferrari and Toyota race. Point is, Xray isn't a Ferrari. You guys call it that because it costs more. My point is, if the prices of all of this stuff (not just Xray) keep going up, only the people who can afford it will race and we won't get any new people into the sport. Without new blood, this sport will die and your Ferrari will be a shelf queen.
Hmmm...

I think everyone agrees that Hudy makes the best tire truer (also the most expensive), best setup system (also the most expensive) and some of the best tools (also the most expensive). In my mind, anything Hudy is more expensive. I can't speak to Team XRAY's product quality or pricing compared to other cars, as I have never owned anything XRAY - but most of the people I speak to say it's a high quality car and are under the impression that it is more expensive. I didn't ask them if they actually own any XRAY products to validate their statement that it's more expensive, btw.

Yup, I'm comparing a Ferrari to a Toyota because it costs more.

Not everyone is going to go out and buy an NT1, even if it is relatively the same price as the competition. As far as performance goes, some people won't get any faster, while other will get faster because it addresses some of their setup and driving deficiencies. That applies to any car.

Look at the mixed bag of cars that qualified for the A, B and C Mains at the Winternats. Four different brands - and they all performed well. Not only that, who came out on top? Serpent and Kyosho - and the RRR design is over two years old! I think all the cars will continue to be competitive with each other for quite some time.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

To be in the game you have to have the best everything i.e engine,tires, tools, setup, truer and even tempgun, these cars are pretty much designed around the same platform, nothing drasticlly different between them. The question do you believe the hype?Can you drive?How deep are your pockets
Old 02-20-2007, 12:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
How many Serpents were in A Main?

We all know that Paolo is a great driver. I don't think anyone questions that. Same thing with Toso, who I'm sure everyone knows won the 2006 Nationals with a 720. Serpent is a good car, but not everyone has the skills to win with it - and on some days, they just run into some bad luck and the thing breaks.
Yeah bro I hear you. What I really meant was that Paolo smashed the competition. Can look at this many ways. How many laps could each of the A main drivers do with every brand of car in their hands? Xray has a lot of talent on their team, do you think that they would have ran faster with another car. Or how about Paolo, could he of gotten faster laps with an Xray? Hard to say. I personally love all the vehicles. They are all fast as hell. All those guys taught me was, it doesn't matter on the car, I need to go out and practice my butt off. None of those cars will make me faster then I already am, It's all up to me and no amount of money can buy that. And that just sucks. But still enjoy the challenge of trying to get faster.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

+1
Old 02-20-2007, 07:11 AM
jag
Tech Master

Yeah bro I hear you. What I really meant was that Paolo smashed the competition.
Yes he did, but keep in mind "home field advantage". Don't misunderstand me, Paolo is one of the best drivers (and a nice guy) in the US, but having driven more laps than anybody else (well, except Jilles ) can't hurt.
Can look at this many ways. How many laps could each of the A main drivers do with every brand of car in their hands? Xray has a lot of talent on their team, do you think that they would have ran faster with another car. Or how about Paolo, could he of gotten faster laps with an Xray? Hard to say. I personally love all the vehicles. They are all fast as hell. All those guys taught me was, it doesn't matter on the car, I need to go out and practice my butt off.
True, the top drivers could probably win with any of the top cars, i.e. Chris with a 720 and a RRR. Some guys can just drive.

None of those cars will make me faster then I already am, It's all up to me and no amount of money can buy that. And that just sucks. But still enjoy the challenge of trying to get faster.
Not true. When I switched cars I immediately got faster. For us mortals, cars do matter. Some cars fit driving styles better than others and some cars are easier to find the sweet spot. Without trying different cars, how would we know for sure?

Oh yeah, I agree, practice is the most important thing.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JetMD
Funny how Xray supporters always call them the Ferrari of r/c cars. So, you are comparing this Ferrari to what? A Toyota? Well, then let's see a Ferrari and Toyota race. Point is, Xray isn't a Ferrari. You guys call it that because it costs more. My point is, if the prices of all of this stuff (not just Xray) keep going up, only the people who can afford it will race and we won't get any new people into the sport. Without new blood, this sport will die and your Ferrari will be a shelf queen.
Yup, Only $500 bucks and they call it Ferrari ??? ..... it's ridiculous. If the toy is $23,000 a piece, then I call it Ferrari of RC. It's made in Slovakia for God Sake.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asw7576
Yup, Only $500 bucks and they call it Ferrari ??? ..... it's ridiculous. If the toy is $23,000 a piece, then I call it Ferrari of RC. It's made in Slovakia for God Sake.
I never said it was a Ferrari.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Originally Posted by jag
Yes he did, but keep in mind "home field advantage". Don't misunderstand me, Paolo is one of the best drivers (and a nice guy) in the US, but having driven more laps than anybody else (well, except Jilles ) can't hurt.

True, the top drivers could probably win with any of the top cars, i.e. Chris with a 720 and a RRR. Some guys can just drive.

Not true. When I switched cars I immediately got faster. For us mortals, cars do matter. Some cars fit driving styles better than others and some cars are easier to find the sweet spot. Without trying different cars, how would we know for sure?

Oh yeah, I agree, practice is the most important thing.
there was really no one who could have beat paolo accept for 1 person who didnt run sedan he just had to much going for this race
Old 02-20-2007, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
there was really no one who could have beat paolo accept for 1 person who didnt run sedan he just had to much going for this race
That one person had his hands full in 1/8 anyways.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
I am sorry, everyone wants their heroes to win the race, but let's don't take anything away from Paolo. He clearly dominate for the second year in a row. This is a FACT! and Serpent has won this event the past 3 years. A coincidence? Just a lucky strike? No way !!!
The other person it looks like had to much going on in the last 3 edition of the Wnats.

Congrats to Paolo, Chris and Jim, for a well deserved victory in the 2007 Wnats.

PD: Paolo faster with a NT1? Who knows.... but for sure with a RRR
Old 02-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

PD: Paolo faster with a NT1? Who knows.... but for sure with a RRR

Now thats funny.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.