Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 01:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Robert_K
I've done the servo Mod, and the "progressive" feeling is different.
The Old servo has a high progressive curve on the start, and smoothens out on the end. When having the servo as a 416, it's smooth at the start, and gets more progressive at the end. Have not tested a lot yet.... Will do at ETS Polen.

Best Regards

Robert
Thanks, i remember Rick saying you could get the same "feeling" by using a different servo horn, like the one from an rc8, i tried that but it didnt clear my servo, thats why i tried the mod, but like i said i dont "feel" any difference. Maybe one needs super fast fingers
Old 03-02-2010, 03:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My mod:

If you see I put short link perpendicular to belt, and when it was
on small angle for stright, I don't feel it nice for left and right turn.

Now in second chassis is almost perpendicular and I will do it perfect

Regards!
m.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Do most people use the Exotek chassis including some of the factory drivers or do most use the the stock chassis with the associated lipo strap?
Old 03-03-2010, 01:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiggamacdaddy
Do most people use the Exotek chassis including some of the factory drivers or do most use the the stock chassis with the associated lipo strap?
I'm using the Associated bar in Stock.... Just because it was cheaper ...
Will use the Exotek chassis shortley, but I've not received it yet.

Best Regards
Robert
Old 03-03-2010, 01:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Xander Bolanos
Hi everybody I am looking to buy a TC5 for $150 locally but I need to know what spur gear and pinion size or whatever its called
I need to run for a mamba max esc and 5700 kv motor
so I don't fry anything or overheat my motor. I won't be running on any tracks so roar rules don't matter as the town I live in has no rc scene. I have a TC3 that I beat up on now bought for $50 from ebay but I bought it for something to run indoors as its snowing and icy here in Iowa and my other car a CEN CT5 is nitro so it doesn't like winter. I know nothing about rc cars and sent my CT5 back to CEN when my pullstart needed replacing long story I have read 350 pages of this thread and am getting closer to being up to date but I want some tips or help for when I get this tc5 or anything I can do to make my tc3 more fun or even common rc knowledge. I'm at the point in this thread (pg350) where the tc5r hasn't even been created lol
I hope someone can help me or even tell me what tools I need to adjust and maintain my rc cars, I have a spektrum dx3s with 2 sr3300 telemitry receivers, just bought it,5 sets of rubber tires slicks and belted, and 8 sets of foams tires from parma everything I own was bought from ebay like I said no local hobby scene so I buy everything online and always try to find the best deal what can I say I'm on a budget. I might be in over my head but I taught myself to fly last summer with a rc brushless jet that did 70mph out of the box and with fms and my desire to go fast I terrorized my local pigeons and sparrows. When I finally found a rc group an hour and a half away to join they couldn't believe I learned to fly with a jet instead of a trainer.I will never race at a track probably so I don't really worry about what body is best or how to sauce my tires I just want my car to turn when I want it to and go straight from point a to point b in the least amount of time. I figure if I like the TC5 enough I will turn the TC3 into a drifter just so I can have a fast car and drift car, still trying to figure out where my nitro car fits in
I know the DX3S isn't as good as the DX3R I read all the reviews but like I said I'm really just going to bash wherever I can find smooth asphalt. sorry had to put that in just got a online beatdown for buying the DX3S
You can just set this car up from one of the setups on the associated website, or just use the kit settings, it will be able to bash no problem.

Tools wise you just need a 1.5mm and 2mm hex driver, or a similar size imperial driver.

Cant help with gearing, I would start with a small pinion and go up depending on heat, but if you dont have a lot of pinions then get some advice first.

Regards

Neal
Old 03-03-2010, 01:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Robert_K
I'm using the Associated bar in Stock.... Just because it was cheaper ...
Will use the Exotek chassis shortley, but I've not received it yet.

Best Regards
Robert
Asso lipo strap IMHO destroy some flex... but it is my opinion,
however, we can put flat lipo pack like this:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/6799653-post487.html

see pics, it works , just flip flop tape

m.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default ETS Warsaw/Poland

Hi!

Any driver of tc5 go to this event?

Maybe someone have for sale this part: ASC31257 Team Associated LiPo Battery Retainer and can sale it for me at Warsaw?

Regards!
m.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:35 AM
Tech Regular

Does any know of any good deals on a used tc5?
Old 03-03-2010, 04:49 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiggamacdaddy
Does any know of any good deals on a used tc5?
You have PM.

I have a built never run TC5 FT that I'll sell for $225 shipped in the US.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default TC5R Shock Leaking

Hello!

I have just acquired a lightly used TC5R and noticed that one of the rear shocks is leaking oil from the bottom. I tired replacing the ti-nitrate shaft, rubber o-ring, plastic ring, yet the shock is still leaking. Interestingly, I've noticed that the rubber diaphragm wont settle down properly while displacing oil. The only way for it to 'fit' is to put the threaded collar on and tighten it down, however this creates a fast rebound rate thus screwing up the rest of my shocks. The other shocks are perfectly fine, but its just the one that is causing so much grief.

Do you think its a manufactures defect? Do i need a whole new shock?

Cheers.

Edward.

Btw the TC5R was amazing to drive, first night out I TQ and won without any practice prior to the race night.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default The C

I recently acquired a tc5 with the exotech chassis. I am hoping to run at The C in frederick md this weekend with it and was hoping to find a good starting setup. If anyone has one they would care to share with me it would be much appreciated. I've been running the losi for years and just wanted to try something different
Old 03-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bjames
I recently acquired a tc5 with the exotech chassis. I am hoping to run at The C in frederick md this weekend with it and was hoping to find a good starting setup. If anyone has one they would care to share with me it would be much appreciated. I've been running the losi for years and just wanted to try something different
grab Keven Hebert's set up from the Associated website.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
Hello!

I have just acquired a lightly used TC5R and noticed that one of the rear shocks is leaking oil from the bottom. I tired replacing the ti-nitrate shaft, rubber o-ring, plastic ring, yet the shock is still leaking. Interestingly, I've noticed that the rubber diaphragm wont settle down properly while displacing oil. The only way for it to 'fit' is to put the threaded collar on and tighten it down, however this creates a fast rebound rate thus screwing up the rest of my shocks. The other shocks are perfectly fine, but its just the one that is causing so much grief.

Do you think its a manufactures defect? Do i need a whole new shock?

Cheers.

Edward.

Btw the TC5R was amazing to drive, first night out I TQ and won without any practice prior to the race night.

Did you replace the black plastic retainer which keeps the o-ring in place? When i first built my shocks I trimmed those retainers since they didnt seem to fit in the shock body. The socks leaked.
I bought replacements and forced them in with some difficulty but they have never leaked since.

Regards

Neal
Old 03-03-2010, 04:44 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bjames
I'm going tommorrow to run my TC5 at The C. Should be interesting.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default aluminum vs plastic outdrives

I've only ran the plastic ones. After some time, they start to get notchy.

What do you guys prefer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.