Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 12:14 PM
CAi
Tech Apprentice

www.rc10.fi/indooreuros2010
Old 02-25-2010, 05:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

As I mentioned before I picked up a second hand TC5R and tore it back down to kit form. Now that Im in the process of putting it back together I have a question about some of the screw lengths. The arm mount screws show a 3x12mm BHCS but after digging through my cup-o-screws I cant find any that length....so I went back to the manual and noticed that even though the screw/nut/shim description shows a 3x10mm BHCS there isnt one used in any of the steps in the build. I seem to have plenty of the 3x10mm BHCS and was just wondering if the original owner jacked this all up or if its just a mistake in manual. BTW Im measuring the screws with a ruler and just measuring the actal thread length.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carrera0to60
As I mentioned before I picked up a second hand TC5R and tore it back down to kit form. Now that Im in the process of putting it back together I have a question about some of the screw lengths. The arm mount screws show a 3x12mm BHCS but after digging through my cup-o-screws I cant find any that length....so I went back to the manual and noticed that even though the screw/nut/shim description shows a 3x10mm BHCS there isnt one used in any of the steps in the build. I seem to have plenty of the 3x10mm BHCS and was just wondering if the original owner jacked this all up or if its just a mistake in manual. BTW Im measuring the screws with a ruler and just measuring the actal thread length.
The 3/10mm BHCS are too short although I believe that's what the manual states you should use. The 3x12mm BHCS are better or you could even use the 3/14mm BHCS.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bfong13
The 3/10mm BHCS are too short although I believe that's what the manual states you should use. The 3x12mm BHCS are better or you could even use the 3/14mm BHCS.
Yeah I did a bit more research and found that the old TC5 manual shows the 3x10mm BHCS but in the TC5R/F manual it shows 10x12mm. I think Ill go with either the 3x12mm or 3x14mm like you said. Definitely seems like you need a longer screw in there than what it calls for.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)
Default TC5 setup

i have a tc5..new to tc....give me something to stick to the carpet how do you adjust and measure droop...and how much droop do i need..thanks.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:13 PM
brf
Tech Initiate

hey reagle thought u got rid of the tc5r.i got a good setup for the c, only took 5 months.i should be coming up to bumps tomorrow i will bring with me if u want
Old 02-27-2010, 11:07 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brf
hey reagle thought u got rid of the tc5r.i got a good setup for the c, only took 5 months.i should be coming up to bumps tomorrow i will bring with me if u want
I would be into checking it out. Having another setup to try surely can't hurt any. Plan on working on my TC5 most of tommorrow while at Bumps. Not sure if I will race or not but will be working on my car. This TC5 looks and feels better than the previous TC5s I have had. The Steering is so smooth and zero issues with any rubbing. The new 551 brushless servo is fast and centers perfectly so I think thins time when I go to the C I will have better results with my TC5 than my past efforts with the car.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:04 AM
Tech Adept

TC5 is still fast!!!!

Just looking at euros, main difference bulkheads ( in line and camber link mounts)and lipo chassis

Come on AE how about TC5.5 and or up-date package??????
Old 03-01-2010, 04:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default EFRA 2010 Video

Originally Posted by michael.branth
TC5 is still fast!!!!

Just looking at euros, main difference bulkheads ( in line and camber link mounts)and lipo chassis

Come on AE how about TC5.5 and or up-date package??????
Not Just Fast!, although 2nd

TC5 Is The Fastest!

Look at The Yellow,Blue car That's is TC5.

EFRA 2010 A-final
Old 03-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm looking for a "honest" suggestion....

I'm currently driving a Losi Type-R. Car is fine and a great performer, but, somehow.... I start to lost interest in it...Kinda when you need a new gf...

TC5R..... is tempting me....

I race mostly, 4BL, Lipo, the usual combo in mod racing. We will have a control class with 13.5 this year. Say that I'm "average joe" driver (well...might be on the fast side of "average" )

What I should expect from a TC5R? What extra part I shoudl consider more than the car?

Thanks
Old 03-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The TC5R is a bit dated as it's been out on the market for a few years now, but honestly, it's still a competitive car. You just need to buy a few items to bring it up to speed.

Mandatory parts:
B4/T4 diff nut for front spool and rear diff
Parma bumper to replace smaller stock Assoc bumper

Optional parts to consider:
Exotek chassis, top deck, etc.

Everything else on the car is good. Of course you'll have to replace the regular wear and tear parts like CVA's, Alu outdrives, shock bladders and o-rings.

Originally Posted by Giorgio
I'm looking for a "honest" suggestion....

I'm currently driving a Losi Type-R. Car is fine and a great performer, but, somehow.... I start to lost interest in it...Kinda when you need a new gf...

TC5R..... is tempting me....

I race mostly, 4BL, Lipo, the usual combo in mod racing. We will have a control class with 13.5 this year. Say that I'm "average joe" driver (well...might be on the fast side of "average" )

What I should expect from a TC5R? What extra part I shoudl consider more than the car?

Thanks
Old 03-01-2010, 08:40 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Didn't run my new to me TC5R but I did redo the shocks from some posts I saw some pages back and put them back onto the car. They are as smooth as any other shocks I have used in the past and where easy to do. Rick posted some stuff so I decided to try it and I now have great feeling shocks. Car may or may not work for me but the shocks feel great and no air bubbles.

Something about this TC5R that is different than the one had previous. This one is the belts feel very free and not near as tight even though this car has less than 10 packs thru it. With no pinion on the motor the drivetrain is super smooth and free. Feels as good as any touring car I have had in the past and I have had a ton of them. Steering bellcranks are super free with zero binding and with my new 551 brushless servo everything centers perfectly with no rubbing. I really expect to have a much better experiance with this TC5 vs the one I had in the past. I can;t run for a few weeks so I will just spend time going over everything and getting my setup on the car.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Tech Adept

Has anyone thats done the servo mod noticed any difference ?, i have done the mod but dont seem to feel a difference from the standard position. I'm only running 17.5/13.5 , so maybe i wont notice it compared to guys running mod and such ?
Old 03-02-2010, 12:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MoonTrap
Has anyone thats done the servo mod noticed any difference ?, i have done the mod but dont seem to feel a difference from the standard position. I'm only running 17.5/13.5 , so maybe i wont notice it compared to guys running mod and such ?

I've done the servo Mod, and the "progressive" feeling is different.
The Old servo has a high progressive curve on the start, and smoothens out on the end. When having the servo as a 416, it's smooth at the start, and gets more progressive at the end. Have not tested a lot yet.... Will do at ETS Polen.

Best Regards

Robert
Old 03-02-2010, 12:48 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Noob

Hi everybody I am looking to buy a TC5 for $150 locally but I need to know what spur gear and pinion size or whatever its called
I need to run for a mamba max esc and 5700 kv motor
so I don't fry anything or overheat my motor. I won't be running on any tracks so roar rules don't matter as the town I live in has no rc scene. I have a TC3 that I beat up on now bought for $50 from ebay but I bought it for something to run indoors as its snowing and icy here in Iowa and my other car a CEN CT5 is nitro so it doesn't like winter. I know nothing about rc cars and sent my CT5 back to CEN when my pullstart needed replacing long story I have read 350 pages of this thread and am getting closer to being up to date but I want some tips or help for when I get this tc5 or anything I can do to make my tc3 more fun or even common rc knowledge. I'm at the point in this thread (pg350) where the tc5r hasn't even been created lol
I hope someone can help me or even tell me what tools I need to adjust and maintain my rc cars, I have a spektrum dx3s with 2 sr3300 telemitry receivers, just bought it,5 sets of rubber tires slicks and belted, and 8 sets of foams tires from parma everything I own was bought from ebay like I said no local hobby scene so I buy everything online and always try to find the best deal what can I say I'm on a budget. I might be in over my head but I taught myself to fly last summer with a rc brushless jet that did 70mph out of the box and with fms and my desire to go fast I terrorized my local pigeons and sparrows. When I finally found a rc group an hour and a half away to join they couldn't believe I learned to fly with a jet instead of a trainer.I will never race at a track probably so I don't really worry about what body is best or how to sauce my tires I just want my car to turn when I want it to and go straight from point a to point b in the least amount of time. I figure if I like the TC5 enough I will turn the TC3 into a drifter just so I can have a fast car and drift car, still trying to figure out where my nitro car fits in
I know the DX3S isn't as good as the DX3R I read all the reviews but like I said I'm really just going to bash wherever I can find smooth asphalt. sorry had to put that in just got a online beatdown for buying the DX3S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.