Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You can buy the PRS gears from EA motorsports or from Speedtech RC also.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:42 PM
Tech Regular

Raffaelli,

both cars are jewel like. RDX has one arm front and rear, roll bars and a couple of other bits of kit you don't need to buy as extras. I struggled with the same decision and have bought an X5, mainly to support the LHS in Salem. There are quite a few X-Rays, therefore parts on the shelf. The one RDX chap has to order on line and he does break stuff.

Shocks are simple to build, you wouldn't believe it from some of the posts here. My method has the shock filled and bubbles dispersed, then I have fabbed some spacers, 8,9,10,11 mm, which fit around the shock shaft. Push the shaft in to the spacer, let the oil flow, them take the bladder, gently push it into the shock (I use a Q Tip for this) until the rubber flange is seated on the body. Plop the cap on the little bugger and away ya go. I get best rebound of 4 mm by using the 9 mm spacer. I race them twice a week and have no aireation problems. If I do, then it's because I've hit ot been hit and the impact allows the air in. I'm confident in this method of shock building that if one shock goes squishy, I can rebuild with no concern for imbalance in the rebound department.

By the way, fond memories of Viper days back in NYC with Queens Off Roaders and the world famous John Lee (where is he ???)

Jacko
Old 07-27-2005, 02:07 PM
Tech Addict

ok can anyone help,

Tonight i ran stock with my brand new fk05,

Burnt out 3 motors, ive never done that before EVER!

ran a gearing of 23/84 and then after 2 burnt out motors i went down to a 21/84.

Drivetrain is soooo free. I ran a spool on a wooden floor which has a decent amount of grip.

any ideas?
Old 07-27-2005, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

what tires and what motor?
Old 07-27-2005, 02:35 PM
Tech Addict

Schumacher Rally blocks(white compound)
Team Orion Soft dish wheels
Losi hard inserts moulded

first motor - Atlas 27
seconds motor - Trinity Monster quad magnet
third motor - Vega Flux (Monster twin mag)
Old 07-27-2005, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

that gearing you mentioned is what i used when i run foam tires with the stock 48p spur. try dropping down about 2-3 more teeth. my foam tires measured at 57mm
Old 07-27-2005, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

the thing is, his car was topping out all over. It hardly had any top speed compared to me and my motors were just fine, with the same tire combo....

It seems to me that it is something to do with how the motor is mounted in th car, or how the motor mount is placed. the comm on his motor was clean as a whistle no burn marks at all, and very smooth. The winds on the other hand were black. Smoke was visiable from the car when he pulled out but like i said, the comm was in very good condition... i can only see it being something to so with the armature not spinning/seating correctly in the can.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1armed1
what is the prs website?
If you plan on running carpet I would recommend buying the hard front & rear arms in addition to 4.5 hard hub carriers, and wide top deck. If you are going to run 64 pitch pinion gears I would also recommend buying a PRS 116 tooth Pro-Lite Spur gear.

Note: no sanding or drilling of spur gear needed, as you do on Kimbrough or any other spur gears!!

Attached below is a link to the web site:http://www.precisionracingsystems.com/products/9

Best Regards

Alex
Old 07-27-2005, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

I have a couple questions. I just built my 05 and at full throttle and wheels locked left or right I get really bad chatter. Is this typical or did I build something wrong? My second question is regarding the diff. I know the manual tells you to use the Xray lube on the diff and thrust balls. Is anyone using something different? I'm just so use to using the associated black grease on the thrust balls. My last question is droop. What are you guys using with rubber tires on asphalt?

Thanks
Old 07-27-2005, 06:17 PM
Tech Addict

sleighy you shouldnt have a problem,
Old 07-27-2005, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Scho
sleighy you shouldnt have a problem,
sure the speedo aint gone tits up?
Old 07-27-2005, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

im not sure what to tell ya other than you might have had 3 bad motors. how big is the track and did you figure out roll out for you car and compare it to someone elses that didnt have a motor burn up
Old 07-27-2005, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

I think you might be under geared, I started with a 26/84. Hope this helps!!
Originally Posted by Sleighty
Schumacher Rally blocks(white compound)
Team Orion Soft dish wheels
Losi hard inserts moulded

first motor - Atlas 27
seconds motor - Trinity Monster quad magnet
third motor - Vega Flux (Monster twin mag)
Old 07-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sup guys...Quite a few of you guys have supported P-Dub Racing and to show my appreciation I've got a web contest going for some free prizes. Click on the website for details
Old 07-28-2005, 01:51 AM
Tech Addict

well a problem with the ESC did come into my head but i cant see why it would have anything wrong?

Im going to strip each motor down today and perform abit of a post mortem and see if i can give myself any clue as to why it happened.

Im sure im not over geared, but undergeared..... perhaps but there are people running the same car as me with a similar ratio. like 22/84

The strange thing is, the comms arent burnt at all. Brushes look in good condition. Its just the arm and the windings that have got so hot they just cooked.

thanks for everyones help so far however

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.