Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 06:39 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
403, true, but "I" would still get my point accross to the "restaurant" in a respectful, decent manner and keep my dignity while doing so.

It may go like this,"Excuse me waiter, but this meatloaf is Very over cooked, i'd like another".

That way the waiter and chef won't spit in my food..............makes sense, right?........, Jim
Depends on the severity of the burn. If the food is only slightly burned, then harsh words are not rot needed.

However, if a customer is served a rock hard burnt meatloaf, thats an insult. Harsh words are to be expected. I wouldn't even bother asking for a second meatloaf at that point.

Oh of course I would be nice to the waiter though, after all he/she simply serves the food. The fault lies with the cook.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Just wondering what everyone thinks of the body that comes with the JRXS? (Skoda) I have not seen it used anywhere, does it work or is it a "show" body only? I
Old 05-31-2005, 07:42 AM
Tech Addict

HI Geoff,

I have emailed you with regards to a set up.

Any problems email me and I`ll do my best to help

Check out the results from West Londons memorial meeting car was flying

www.wlrc.co.uk

Nathan Parker
Team Losi (UK)
Old 05-31-2005, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Just wondering what everyone thinks of the body that comes with the JRXS? (Skoda) I have not seen it used anywhere, does it work or is it a "show" body only? I
I think it's better suited for carpet racing on foam tires!

It just don't have enough rear bite to be used on asphalt tracks, i've tried it last sunday but my old mazda 6 was much better.....
Old 05-31-2005, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fastfreddy74
I think it's better suited for carpet racing on foam tires!

It just don't have enough rear bite to be used on asphalt tracks, i've tried it last sunday but my old mazda 6 was much better.....
Thanks for the reply fastfreddy. Is this the general concensus with everyone? I will be racing only on asphalt/concrete with rubber tires. I see that the Parma Alfa is very popular in the US. Here in Australia, the Protoform Madza 6 seems to be the body to have. What's the Parma Alfa like as far as hadling charateristics are concerned? And I have also seen a Nemesis body (what is it? what are it's characteristics?)
Old 05-31-2005, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Parma Alfa is popular for carpet foam racing. It has a lot of steering, maybe less downforce than the Mazda 6.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:38 AM
Tech Initiate

When reference is made to shimming up front inner blocks, does this mean pivot block as well as rear ride height blocks?
Old 05-31-2005, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Thanks for the reply fastfreddy. Is this the general concensus with everyone? I will be racing only on asphalt/concrete with rubber tires. I see that the Parma Alfa is very popular in the US. Here in Australia, the Protoform Madza 6 seems to be the body to have. What's the Parma Alfa like as far as hadling charateristics are concerned? And I have also seen a Nemesis body (what is it? what are it's characteristics?)
My best comparison of the bodies, as i have run them all is this. Mind you that this is on carpet as well as blacktop, but i did not get to try the skota on blacktop yet.

Mazda- Planted, lot of steering, a lot of tractio all around, my favorite for paved(rubbers)

Parma Alfa- loose, steers well, floaty all around, my favorite for carpet(foams), but when i ran it on blacktopit seemed to be way to floaty all around.

Skota- balenced well, steers well into corner but seemed to push out, med grip all around

Nemisis-seemed to me that it was very stable but pushed in the turns, i personally didnt like it.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J Tronzano
When reference is made to shimming up front inner blocks, does this mean pivot block as well as rear ride height blocks?
I have always meant this as the small (inner) mounts only, but it would depend on who made the setup.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Mike

By raising the rear small inner blocks wouldn't you be dialing in anti-dive?
Old 05-31-2005, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

Hi,

I've got a Pro 4 at the moment which is a brilliant car, but when I saw the JRX-S I just thought it looked right with the battery motor and servo positionings, but I've got a few concerns that I hope you can answer

First of all, I knew a couple of people who had a XXX-S G+ and they seemed to have nothing but problems with them, they seemed to break so easily and struggled on low grip surfaces, what's the durability like on the JRX-S?

Also, what are the kit springs like? Can you get a decent setup with them for foams on carpet?

And lastly, in general is there any mods or anything I should be doing to it if I get one?
Old 05-31-2005, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J Tronzano
Mike

By raising the rear small inner blocks wouldn't you be dialing in anti-dive?

Assuming your talking about the front end, yes raising the 2 smaller inner mounts up in relation to the big front mount will give you anti dive.

From the losi site,

"Kickup/Anti-dive: This is the angle of the inner front hinge pins in relation to the chassis. The amount of kickup/anti-dive is controlled with shims (one .035” shim per degree) under the pivot blocks that mount the inner hinge pins and suspension arms to the chassis. For kickup, the shims will be placed under the pivot block in front of the arms. For anti-dive, the shims will be placed under the pivot blocks directly behind the front arms."
Old 05-31-2005, 11:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Mike,

Whenever reference was made to adding shims to the front, it always seemed to follow a cmment on high roll center in front. This is why I wasn't sure whether the whole front was to be raised to increase roll cenetr in general.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

I saw some place in all of these pages that there was a solution to the rear toe issue. It appears I have more toe on the left rear also. Was it a hub? Im sure Losi will take care of it but i want to know what it is b4 I call them
Old 05-31-2005, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Its in the hubs. If you have a problem just email losi and they will take care of you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.