Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
yah i suppose... or even CF... but two hours of my life is worth far more to me than the price of the part
Keith -- They will go out tomorrow. Thanks.

I also thought about CF. But in the past anything I have made from CF with threads has not held up to use and abuse like threaded aluminum. Later Gents.

Brant
Old 05-25-2005, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Keith -- They will go out tomorrow. Thanks.

I also thought about CF. But in the past anything I have made from CF with threads has not held up to use and abuse like threaded aluminum. Later Gents.

Brant
Very true...

thanks again

KB
Old 05-25-2005, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

this car made me such a better driver the car is just supper diled!
Old 05-25-2005, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Ginsu, No worries, the car is Very, Very good, easily tunable and holds it's settings much better. With that said i've noticed a few things since the JRX-S has been out in prototype form, when only 8 or so drivers even got to race one.......Some "Internet experts" had bad things to say already, after only seeing pictures on the web......

Racers are pretty mental, especially on road racers. In other words perception is far more important than reality. For example, when the street weapon was winning, everyone who didn't like that car gave all the credit to the losi team drivers, quote, "Josh Cyrul is untouchable on carpet, even with a street weapon"............Where was he at the 2005 snowbirds with his kyosho prototype? Now they say, "well, he's working on a prototype untested car"...so NOW, the car matters?

2, When the 415 won it's second worlds, the car is "untouchable", now Reinhart and Chaidasara(?) get almost no credit?

3, I raced this past weekend with a Stratus 2.0 that supposedly no longer works(air changed, LOL?), but ran laps as fast as the best drivers running the "best" mazda 6 and Ride accord bodies...

In other words, try it for yourself....unlike some of the "Experts on the web", I have driven the JRX-S and it is a contendor that would also have given Reinhart and his Orion motors and batteries a world championship. Some people just wait to report on the one race the car didn't do well at.......After all, with two in the main, with one driven by an off-road driver, in it's debut race at the..."WORLDS", doesn't that mean something?...................LOL, Jim
Old 05-25-2005, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
Yah, definately... i appreciate it. And I am positive I will love it. I have yet to own a piece of TL that I didnt. Unfortunately, i usually go faster with cars i HATE LMAO... i.e. TC3 or Xray. This one will do the trick im sure

I have run into a question... I ordered the thing from platinum last thursday, why isnt here in Toledo yet??? I mean, im all of 2 hrs away. Had I known i would be waiting like a chump i would have drove down.

//KBpower
Sorry to hear about the delay. I think Platinum was closed for 5 days. With your delay I am assuming they never shipped it. Give Phou a call tomorrow and see what's up...................
Old 05-25-2005, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ginsu
Locally sales have been so dismal that the hobby shop here is sending six brand new kits back to Horizon because of lackluster or NO sales.
I don't know about the rest of the world, but at the main LHS in my area (Larry's Performance R/Cs), they received 14 the first week shipping and they are down to around 5. Not bad for a $350 car during the off-season (around here, dirt rules the summer).
Old 05-25-2005, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Default TH Asphalt Setup test results

Hi guys for those who haven't tried the TH Asphalt setup, I suggest you go and have a blast. I run in a low-med bite track, 112' x 90', a very technical track with a couple of hairpins before and after the main straightaway. The TH Aspahlt setup is more consistent in turns and I wa surprised how it went in and out of the hairpins. I was running an 8x2 Yokomo T6 motor, final drive was 9.7 or 128T/24T. 1 race day old tires Sorex 40 with Sorex Medium Type A inserts. despite of using old tires and a freshly cut motor, the car was planted but turns in very well. On-power steering was great. The car tracks well in the main straightaway and turns on a dime. I tried pushing the car to it's limits by braking late and making aggressive turns but the back is still planted, hardly broke off to a spin. What is really surprising is that the car seemed to have tons of corner speed and I love it. You can drive the car like there is no tommorrow or drive it "relax" mode and you are still fast. I hope Todd Hodge can expound on the topic of what make a car have tons of cornerspeed. I made my bk brackets out of scrap metal lying around the house, worked pretty well. I could have ordered from Brant the nice ones but was too excited to run my car plus I live all the way in Asia so shipping will take quite some time. To cut the story short, I ran quicker laps than that of my old set-up in the same track condition. Thanks Team Losi!
Old 05-25-2005, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what shock springs are u guys using? i have 2 full sets from my xxxs days, but have now moved on to a pro 4, im looking at geting the new losi, just wanted to know/
Old 05-25-2005, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tony2
what shock springs are u guys using? i have 2 full sets from my xxxs days, but have now moved on to a pro 4, im looking at geting the new losi, just wanted to know/
HI Tony,
the springs on the new LOSI are totally different. You won't be able to use the XXXS springs because the new ones are smaller in diameter.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fatboy Joe
HI Tony,
the springs on the new LOSI are totally different. You won't be able to use the XXXS springs because the new ones are smaller in diameter.
FatboyJoe--I agree 100% on that analogy. One other thing my JRXS does for me that I never got from my G+ is the tire wear. On my best set-up G+ I had torun a new set of tires in the mains for my car to be at its best. Now with the JRXS I have a set of CS 27's I have run for the past 2 race weekends( except practice time) and they look as if they were run 1 race on my old G+. This tells me the car just plain works better. I'm faster, more consistant, and have less tire wear so its gotta be Da Car Man!!!! Pooky is good but this car makes me better. Yea....It was worth the wait.( bow to Darkseid-LOL). Asphalt set up!!! Go back several pages and try the Hodge set-up! You won't be dissapointed.

If I brag enough maybe Todd will give me some free parts LAMO!!!

Brant
Old 05-25-2005, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by POOKYT
FatboyJoe--I agree 100% on that analogy. One other thing my JRXS does for me that I never got from my G+ is the tire wear. On my best set-up G+ I had torun a new set of tires in the mains for my car to be at its best. Now with the JRXS I have a set of CS 27's I have run for the past 2 race weekends( except practice time) and they look as if they were run 1 race on my old G+. This tells me the car just plain works better. I'm faster, more consistant, and have less tire wear so its gotta be Da Car Man!!!! Pooky is good but this car makes me better. Yea....It was worth the wait.( bow to Darkseid-LOL). Asphalt set up!!! Go back several pages and try the Hodge set-up! You won't be dissapointed.

If I brag enough maybe Todd will give me some free parts LAMO!!!

Brant
Yup yup, considering the price of bnew set of tires, inserts and rims....We practice 2 times a week, wednesdays and saturdays and now I can have longer runs on old sets before I buy new ones I've gone through several different cars for the past months and the JRXS is my top choice.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fatboy Joe
Yup yup, considering the price of bnew set of tires, inserts and rims....We practice 2 times a week, wednesdays and saturdays and now I can have longer runs on old sets before I buy new ones I've gone through several different cars for the past months and the JRXS is my top choice.

... if only i didn't have to re-configure my batts
Old 05-26-2005, 06:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Default T Hodge Asphalt Set-up

Will this set-up handle equally as well without the BK shock brackets?
Old 05-26-2005, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J Tronzano
Will this set-up handle equally as well without the BK shock brackets?
It should still be well balenced, but you will probably want to stiffen the car up.

Todd, Is there ay rel adantage to the BK brackets and a softer spring as oposed to a normal shock mounting and a stiff spring? Thanks

I had the same results with both.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Hey John T. Your going to love this car. I'm still working on my set-up everytime I go out to Jackson.

See you soon at a track near you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.