Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree178Likes

Kannapolis Raceway Park

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 2.14 average.

Old 12-24-2018, 04:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

A very merry Christmas and happy New Year to all that raced or just visited us during the past season. I hope that Santa brings all of you what you want.

Hope to see everybody soon.
NutDriver likes this.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

2019 is upon us and we have started making changes and upgrades to the facility. This past weekend we re-radiused the turn at the end of the back straight and the one at the end of the next one as well. Those two turns accounted for the majority of broken bits for all of 2018. We didn't turn them into turns that Stevie Wonder could handle blindfolded but the extra bit of room should make it easier for all and will probably cut a second off the lap time by just being able to carry more momentum through that turn complex.

We are in negotiations with another "sealer" manufacturer to supply material to re-coat the entire racing surface. Personally I am very disappointed with what we have now but for the time being it is what it is so we will deal with it.

We also have the schedule completed for the coming year. Weather permitting we will try to get at least a test and tune in on January 19th or February 2nd. We will open with an RC swap meet and test session on February 16th with the season opener on March 2nd. From there the season will go like this;

March 2nd, 16th, and 30th.
April 13th and 27th.
May 11th and 25th.
June 8th and 22nd.
July 6th(tentative) and 20th.
August 3rd, 17th and 31st.
September 14th and 28th.
October 12th and 26th.
And finally November 9th and the season ender on the 23rd.

We were able to avoid the Holidays this season with the exception of the 4th of July weekend and we may try to have a special event on 6th. There will be discussion within the group on this. We are hoping to build in an 8 race trophy series for our main classes. We have generated some interest with a company that wants to sponsor the awards so stay tuned on that. As we get further along we will keep everybody posted.

That about covers it for now but as always, stay tuned.
NutDriver likes this.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Park questions.

I see the park the track is in has some kind of membership. Do you need a membership to come watch? What about to race? Are there going to be any open track time or is it just open for specific dates listed above? I have a 1/10 scale slash and it seems like that's too big to race and may be too big for the track in general, but I am new to he rc scene and am interested in seeing how the races are organized and such. I would also be interested in open track times if 1/10 scale would be allowed.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

We(the track) operate within the park. The park is a private facility for the pool and things related directly to the pool. There is no membership for the track. There are fees for racing. If you want to just stop by and watch you are very welcome to do so. The track is an on road facility. Currently there is nothing for off road. However, we do race an oval late model class that is based on the Traxxas 1/16th Slash which also covers the Kyle Busch truck the Ken Block rallye car and the Ford Mustang drift car. We have on occasion opened the track for a practice day to give track time in the event of a rain out of the scheduled event. Beyond that we have not as of yet scheduled any specific times or days for bashing. The racing surface is 10ft wide minimum and a complete lap covers 633 ft so there is ample room for 1/10 scale on road.
NutDriver likes this.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

—Sold—

Last edited by hotshoe8t; 02-06-2019 at 08:48 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Thank you for making this available. If you will PM your contact information over to me I will put a prospective racer in direct contact with you. Short of that we will be holding an open test and swap meet on February 16th in preparation of the regular season opener on March 2nd.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mleemor60
Thank you for making this available. If you will PM your contact information over to me I will put a prospective racer in direct contact with you. Short of that we will be holding an open test and swap meet on February 16th in preparation of the regular season opener on March 2nd.
sent PM. Thanks
Old 01-23-2019, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Sorry but there isn't anything new to report on progress for the planned repairs and updates. There have been a couple of health issues not to mention the fact that the weather has been much less than co operative with our efforts. We will get it handled though one way or another. Maybe a track work day o move things along. If you are interested in something like that just check in here and I will get in touch.

Stay tuned.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:57 AM
Tech Master

Weather continues to give us a bit of a hard time but at least this year it hasn't cost us any race dates. I have gotten the new center support trusses made up that will allow us to remove the two center posts for the canopy on the drivers stand to provide an unobstructed view from end to end. A family emergency has pulled me away temporarily but will be back on it soon. Weather is less than ideal here either.

Stay tuned.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Sorry for not keeping up here. Family business has kept me away from track preparations. We will be ready on February 16 for the test and tune/swap meet.

Thanks for the patience.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:34 AM
Tech Master

Tired of saying sorry. While I was away on business Vic got a couple of issues taken care of and the two of us will get a couple more handled by this Saturday for the Swap meet/ Test and tune. I know there are a few guys out there looking for upgrades and track time so come on out. No Charge to test or sell. Have pleasant thoughts for decent weather like early last week.
NutDriver likes this.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Weather just won't give us a break. Did get a few things done today. We now have the center posts on the drivers stand canopy removed so the unobstructed view is back. Also pulled the results board down from the back of the drivers stand and moved it to a position on the fence near the gate so the access is easier for the drivers not to mention timing and scoring won't have to walk as far which should get the results posted quicker. Managed to get covers welded on all the rods that hold the track boundary in place. This eliminated the possibility of an over eager marshal being gored should he fall in the execution of his duties. All the rods are now down flush with the rail.

There are a few cosmetic items yet to do not to mention getting a proper repair done on the oval back stretch abyss. Maybe not by test and tune but surely by opening day March 2nd.

Stay tuned
Old 02-14-2019, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Weather calling for AM showers for Saturday but we are going to be there and try to stay a little later if need be. While waiting for the weather to clear there are a few things to talk about for the upcoming season so the time shouldn't be wasted.

See everyone on Saturday.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Canopy is back up, rocker panel rippers are all ground down flush, track is blown off so I think we are just about ready for company. As a side bar, if anyone knows anybody that would like to establish a Poplar tree forest we have about 2 cubic yards of seeds free to a good home. About 2 bushels of sweet gum balls too.

See everybody in the AM.
Old 02-16-2019, 04:00 AM
Tech Master

As of right now we are operating under IFR rules(Its F*****G Raining). Hourly weather shows done by 11:00AM. If we can get enough temperature it should dry in an hour so we are still going for it. On the plus side at least the track will be clean.

See everybody in a couple of hours.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 2.14 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.