Like Tree178Likes

Kannapolis Raceway Park

Old 11-01-2020, 06:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Old 11-09-2020, 01:04 PM
Tech Rookie

It's been a while since I've been up to check things out. Was 11/7 the last race for this year?
Old 11-25-2020, 01:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Off season racing

I was just talking with Matt at Race City Speed Factory. He would love to accommodate all of us for on-road racing through the winter. The current schedule has his next on-road race Saturday, December 12th. In addition, if we have the car count and demand, December 16th can be opened up for us. After the new year starts, races will be every two weeks. The outdoor off-season doesn't have to be OUR off-season. We have a great place to run.
Classes-
VTA- Loosely based. No driver needed and house tires ($25 a set) as HPI and Proline tires are junk.
USGT if there is a demand for it.
12th scale pan car- GTP bodies, specs are still in development but 2s mini, Justock 25.5 with 12th scale rubber tires. This will be a FUN CLASS!!!!!
racemor likes this.
Old 02-12-2021, 05:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default 2021 schedule

Hello All,
Hope everyone had a safe off season with all thats going on in the world. The 2021 season is fast approaching and there will be some changes at KRP for this year. Biggest news is Vic is working his butt off making a new layout!!! First look at plans should be a much more flowing track with fewer barriers. The thought being to help reduce the damage and carnage usually associated with a tight track with lots of walls for people like me to hit. Hurrayy. We've also had some interest in 1/12 scale and 1/10 pan cars and if we get enough drivers these will be added to the schedule. Tentative plans for 1/10 are 2s lipo, blinky esc, and 25.5 motor. for now tires will be either rubber or foam until we sort out what will work the best for everyone. Feel free to ask any questions here or on our facebook pages. Kannapolis Raceway Park | Facebook or here Kannapolis Raceway Park RC Driver's Group | Facebook.
On a personnel side note, I'd love to see the 3 or 4 tracks local to us finally get together and create a state series. I raced in Florida many years ago in FSEARA series and was the best times of my racing career. (Fseara is celebrating 40 years and still going strong) Its good for the participating tracks, its good for the racers and its good for the hobby in general. Feel free to contact me with your thoughts.
And here is KRPs schedule for 2021

Old 02-13-2021, 03:03 PM
Tech Adept

I just want to take a moment and reach out to anyone who is either new to the hobby or new to racing. Our track is a fun track. There's no money races, there are no trophies. (although we are working on plaques or small trophies this season) Don't be intimidated by a ton of rules and regulations. We will find an appropriate class for you to run in until you are comfortable. Most of our drivers are very close in skill level, so the racing is close, but more importantly fun. The fast guys are more than willing to help to get your car working as it should. If you don't have a car yet, feel free to ask us. Come to the track and see what others are running and what works best here. Lets have a great season in 2021!!
Old 03-07-2021, 01:51 AM
Tech Adept

Schedule on hold as track refit is taking a little loner than anticipated. We will post a new one as soon as possible.
Old 03-20-2021, 10:49 AM
Tech Adept

Ok folks, here is the new schedule for 2021. March 27 will be a test and tune day. Computer will be there to give you lap times. Gates will open @ 10 a.m. and track will remain open til 4 p.m. Plenty of time to dial in to the new track. This will be a good time to buy/sell/trade also. Thank you Vic for all your hard work. ( and all those that helped make this happen!)
=AZWkWEGEZ_q_yn1j010UPFyXRn14XB0l7J9V0Z0ZYIM7A9_m4 NEmnLEFj8iG2Ovvgjx3PtVhpzQoig5qwTK5mRSEcW064ruJs6y HGr7PXb9hZvhZVHNO2zVZaCgqWnpDgt6qhNF2ji4f7UGYy0rIg LfcodWmytMz4_FhRIFTTICYl54Xex1iBc6sK0voYkTCCn8&__t n__=EH-R]

Old 04-09-2021, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

Krp Raceway Saturday's race has been canceled we will race on Sunday same hours gates open at 10 racing between 12:30 and 1 so this is the last call Saturday's race is canceled we are racing on Sunday be safe
Old 04-28-2021, 10:22 PM
Tech Adept

Default Track Closed

Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control Kannapolis Raceway Park is now closed. We would like to thank those that supported us, and know that we are working hard to secure a new location. You can still find updates here and on Facebook at Kannapoils raceway park and kannapolis raceway park divers group. Thank you all for understanding