Search
Like Tree120Likes

Losi mini B 1/16th 2wd buggy

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2022, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RogueIV
Mini B and Mini T 2.0 are the same wheels out back. the T just uses the Mini B wheels at all 4 corners.
Are you referring to the wheel/tire or just the wheel itself? The Mini-B rear tires are not the same as the Mini-T tires unless there has been a recent change,

My Mini-T tires are slightly wider and have more sidewall than my Mini-B rear tires, however the wheels are the same.

Old 10-26-2022, 03:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by strodedawg
how much lol
I have a Mini-T with extra parts [Mini-B chassis/body, extra radio/esc/motor, extra set of arms, Deans High Temp 12-16awg plugs, McAllister Oswego body, MIP top shaft, MIP ball diif (missing one ball, not installed], Hot Racing Motor plate, and a couple other things) that I'll sell you or trade for a Mini-Z Buggy or Mini-Z MR-03 RWD.
Old 10-31-2022, 10:55 PM
Tech Adept

So, I thought I was done with the hobby when my kids lost interest, but I didn't even make it six months. I really miss tinkering and driving, so I'm jumping back in. I sold off all of my cars a few months ago, so I get to start over (actually kind of excited about that). I still have a bunch of electronics and batteries for the minis, so I'm going to pick up a pro roller since they're on sale right now for pre-Black Friday sales. Only buying one, b/c they might be even cheaper on Black Friday/ Cyber Monday.

Has anyone tried the RPM front bumper for the mini-b/t? Sad to see that T-Bone Racing shut down, but I usually had good experiences with RPM parts with my 1/10 scale stuff.
Old 11-01-2022, 02:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Horizon Hobby and likely many local shops have the Mini B Pro Roller on sale for $109 through Nov 20
scottybob likes this.
Old 11-01-2022, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tom73
Horizon Hobby and likely many local shops have the Mini B Pro Roller on sale for $109 through Nov 20
Yeah, Amain and of course Tower have it for that price too.
Old 11-02-2022, 05:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Guys, what servos fit mini-b without any modification?
Old 11-07-2022, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the RCAWD mini t/b shocks?
Old 11-08-2022, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

I was checking out Boki Racing and they have a Mini LST Crowd Pleazer body. Mini LST is roughly the same wheelbase as the B, has anyone purchased from Boki or used this body on their Mini B?

https://www.bokiracing.com/product-p...ni-lst-cp-body
Old 11-13-2022, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Bought the hot racing shocks for my mini b to try, has anyone used these before? I have these and the Losi aluminum shocks to do some testing at the track. Put the Losi ball end and spring cup on the HR shocks and had to run very thick oil to get the proper dampening, due to the weird piston, and threadlocked the bottom cap.. My only dislike so far is mounting the shock to the tower, the ball is too small and too much play. How have people mounted these?
Old 12-10-2022, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

If anyone is looking for a mini b. I am selling the one I use for racing. Will be listing either Sunday or Monday.
Old 12-15-2022, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

I have a couple of Mini-B's that I don't use much and may be pulling the trigger on a Hackfab Omni chassis for a rally build I'd like to do very soon. The one I'm going to use for the rally car currently has a Hobbywing 7800KV motor and it's plenty fast, but I am strongly considering a 5200KV with the plan of running 3 cell. I'm not looking to do speed runs. I plan to gear down for longer run times and cooler motor temps.

Is anyone using this setup geared down or in a Hackfab chassis and if so is it moderately controllable?
tyreguy likes this.

Last edited by MULMZ2; 12-20-2022 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-16-2022, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

Just pulled the trigger on the Hackfab Omni chassis, stiffening plates, and a Protoform Europa body. I'm turning the B into a rally car. I have a Losi controller and esc/receiver available if anyone is looking for one.
tyreguy likes this.

Last edited by MULMZ2; 12-20-2022 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-26-2022, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Received the Hackfab Omni chassis and converted the B on Saturday. Still waiting for a couple of parts and hope to order a set of JConcepts Scorpios and servo today, so I haven't ran it yet and can't comment on performance, but I have a feeling the Rally setup is going to be a lot more fun and useful than a B or T. The fit and finish of the Hackfab parts is top notch, I highly recommend. The Europa body due to it's width in my opinion is the perfect body for what I'm doing. I will try and post a couple pics later this week.

I plan on going with a 5200KV 3 cell setup once I put MIP CVD's and Slipper on it, I want to be in the high 30's - low 40's. Really hoping the chassis can handle the power and still be controllable. As of now it's super light. I also like the idea of the Hot Racing Spindles and Rear Hubs due to the bigger bearings and the weight they will add, but I am positive I read the Hubs don't work with the MIP CVD's, can anyone confirm this?

Current set up is battery behind the servo and esc behind the battery. Plan to mount the receiver in between the ESC and waterfall mount. Using RPM a-arms. I wanted the rear shocks on the outside of the tower while retaining the B towers, they are a tad lower/narrower than the T's. I'm using T rear arms, which RPM states is not possible, but it is if you flip the tower, use the wing mount screw in place of the Losi standoff, and mount the shock so that the spacer is on the inside instead of the outside. The shock angle is very close if not exactly the same as stock. For now I'm using T springs. Ride height is currently at 11mm with BK Bars, but that may increase once the Scorpios are mounted.
smirkracing and alternatepoc like this.
Old 01-10-2023, 06:39 PM
Tech Initiate

How did the two sets of shocks compare?
Old 01-15-2023, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

Just a quick update on my Rally conversion. It's built and came out exactly as I hoped, but I've lost a bit of motivation due to all the rain, which is why I haven't posted a photo or driven it yet. Only thing left to do is widen the wheel openings and paint it. I will post a photo of it unpainted so that everyone can see how well the body fits the Omni chassis. Ride height is currently 14mm. I'm using B rear springs in the front and T rear springs in the rear. Considering switching to HR shocks and springs, but there isn't much info out there regarding them and like @alternatepoc I'd like some more info before I spend the money on them. Does anyone know if HR springs have different rates than the Losi springs? Was hoping to use an XTeam 2430 5300KV motor, but it appears that it's no longer available.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.