Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Losi mini B 1/16th 2wd buggy >

Losi mini B 1/16th 2wd buggy

Like Tree121Likes

Losi mini B 1/16th 2wd buggy

Old 04-11-2024, 10:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys, for using a Reefs 99 or 179 Micro Servo in either the Losi Mini-B, or Losi Mini-T 2.0 .... which servo horn or servo saver are you using to match up to the steering rack?

I see several available online, but they all look too long to fit into the chassis correctly. Could you guys post a link or share which one would work correctly??

Thanks in advance!

-Matt
Old 04-14-2024, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SunriseRCLV
Hey guys, for using a Reefs 99 or 179 Micro Servo in either the Losi Mini-B, or Losi Mini-T 2.0 .... which servo horn or servo saver are you using to match up to the steering rack?

I see several available online, but they all look too long to fit into the chassis correctly. Could you guys post a link or share which one would work correctly??

Thanks in advance!

-Matt
Sorry for the delay but I wanted to make sure I gave you good advice. Mounted mine yesterday. This servo horn just has small drilled holes in it. You can drill them bigger with an .078-.081 drill (I used .078) and put in a M2.5 tapped hole. Alternatively you could drill it a little bigger for a clearance hole and use a jam nut on the other side. I had the tap but didn't have the nut and I wanted to get it done yesterday, so tapping it is the way I went. I think it's better because I could always add a jam nut besides if needed later. I used the middle hole at 13.1 mm effective length. If you use that one you'll have to grind the end of the servo horn to exactly match the flange diameter of the ball stud. Then use 6 mm of spacer under the servo mounting to push everything forward. But it still won't clear! Finally put a 1 mm spacer under the servo mounting blocks. TBH it was a PITA but now that I'm done it's as solid as a rock and I don't think it could get any better. I believe the servo I've used is identical to a reefs 99 but cheaper and I love the purple color. Good luck