Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Losi mini B 1/16th 2wd buggy >

Losi mini B 1/16th 2wd buggy

Like Tree113Likes

Losi mini B 1/16th 2wd buggy

Old 06-21-2022, 07:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Milkdudd View Post
Does anyone know if there's a go-to tire and wheel package for loose dirt? Seems everyone's running on carpet, clay or cement. Thinking maybe ribbed front and spiked pins (if that's the correct description) in the rear
I use "grain" tread as my go-to for general use. I run that on the mini B and 8, used the 12mm hexes to use them on the mini B. They killed the stock tires on every surface I use, easily. I haven't tried any crawler patterns for loose stuff, but wouldn't think it would do well.
Old 06-21-2022, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sabin View Post
No idea. I pulled all the stock electronics out as soon as I bought the kit.
Seems to be the case for a lot of people.

Originally Posted by YourConfused View Post
I bought the Pro Roller version, but after my experiences with the stock controllers on other LOSI sh!t driving my cars full blast strait into concrete or rocks, I wouldn't even dare to run anything on them, ever! I don't know why they sell things with such garbage, as it does nothing for the brand at all. My experiences are both before and after Horizon bought them out, so take that for what it's worth. My Flysky GT3C for $39 was the best first upgrade I made over my old ass Sanwa stuff.
Yeah, I don't think Horizon has done the brand many favors.

I'm disappointed that I've got such problems only 3 packs in. I really wanted to leave this buggy as it came from the factory. I wasn't looking for a rocketship, just a good handling well balanced RC that was fun to drive. I don't know what people are getting for top speeds, but I feel like 15mph is a stretch even after dual rates are turned all the way up. I was hoping for closer to 20mph since that's about where most RTR brushed minis are at out of the box.
Old 07-03-2022, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

A couple of weeks ago I asked if anyone knew the best tire set up for a loose dirt track. I didn't get any responses, is that because there is no good front tire so far? I've seen the staggered fronts (if that's what they're called) designed for carpet. Has anyone tried them yet on dirt? I know there are two brands and I like to get the better of the two if it's the only real choice for now. Just thinking as I type this, maybe the fronts from the mini jrx2 will fit. Does anyone know?
Old 07-03-2022, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thumper01 View Post
Seems to be the case for a lot of people.

Yeah, I don't think Horizon has done the brand many favors.

I'm disappointed that I've got such problems only 3 packs in. I really wanted to leave this buggy as it came from the factory. I wasn't looking for a rocketship, just a good handling well balanced RC that was fun to drive. I don't know what people are getting for top speeds, but I feel like 15mph is a stretch even after dual rates are turned all the way up. I was hoping for closer to 20mph since that's about where most RTR brushed minis are at out of the box.
I was thinking of running a Hobbywing 1625 and a higher C lipo to boost the speed. The other good benefit is that I can use my dx5 pro. That should boost the speed for some of the small carpet tracks I run on.
Thumper01 likes this.
Old 07-14-2022, 03:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCTecher1337 View Post
I'm using a 15t pinion using the upper inner hole and outer lower hole on the motor plate. I will be upgrading to a Losi Aluminum plate once they are back in stock. I have a Mini T as well and what I found was that out of the box the Mini B & T use the same motor mount holes, but 2 different size pinions, the B comes with a 18t and the T a 15t. When I tried to use the same holes on the B with a 15t, the gear mesh was no where near the same and the gears skipped. Don't know the reason why since the gearbox and motor plate are supposedly the same.
Was trying to install a 15T in the mini B as well and nothing lines up to make it mesh. Anyone ever figure this out? Otherwise will just slot the holes with a dremel but thought it odd that the 18T had a perfect mesh.

Also is there any other pinion options. I see there might be a 17T that came out for the JRX2 mini buggy....the 12T hobbywing mini motor was abit overgeared with the 18T by at least 2 teeth - but thinking the 15T might be undergeared....will see.
Old 07-19-2022, 07:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default 12mm hex

Looking to run wheels with 12mm hex. Rear was simple to accomplish, many options available. What are folks using to convert the front?
Old 07-19-2022, 11:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I see that Hot-Racing has 8mm to 12mm hex adaptors. And some 3D printed ones as well, on Ebay and Etsy.
Old 07-20-2022, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Screw size

Hey all, I picked up a used mini b and have alllmost enough parts for another roller. I need screws though, can anyone tell me what sizes are used? None of the manuals seem to say, just which part number bag they come from. I checked the ones I have and they seem to be m2. I have an m2 pan/flat head kit from other hobby stuff and I'm hoping I don't need to buy any screws.

Thanks!
Old 07-21-2022, 04:33 AM
Suspended

Where can I get a mini b like yours. I don't mind if it's new or not.
Old 07-22-2022, 09:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cdog4w View Post
Hey all, I picked up a used mini b and have alllmost enough parts for another roller. I need screws though, can anyone tell me what sizes are used? None of the manuals seem to say, just which part number bag they come from. I checked the ones I have and they seem to be m2. I have an m2 pan/flat head kit from other hobby stuff and I'm hoping I don't need to buy any screws.

Thanks!
Losi sells the screw kits for the Mini-B in small bags for a reasonable price. Pan head and flat head come in separate bags.
Old 07-23-2022, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A couple of weeks ago I asked if anyone knew the best tire set up for a loose dirt track. I didn't get any responses, is that because there is no good front tire so far? I've seen the staggered fronts (if that's what they're called) designed for carpet. Has anyone tried them yet on dirt? I know there are two brands and I like to get the better of the two if it's the only real choice for now. Just thinking as I type this, maybe the fronts from the mini jrx2 will fit. Does anyone know?
They do not. They run bearings in the wheels.
Old 07-24-2022, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

What are the dimensions of the front and rear tires/rims? As in width and height?
Old 08-04-2022, 11:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (93%+)

Iím in the hunt for the same answer. I hear the Proline Hole shot is the tire for loose dirt. I can only find then pre-mounted for the mini T. Does anyone know of the rear wheels on the mini B are the same as the mini T?
Old 08-13-2022, 01:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Does anyone know how many beeps from all the way left or right it is to center on the stock rtr radio? Is there a double beep?
Old 09-13-2022, 08:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Like a lot of people I'm having trouble with the ball cups on the front end popping off when hitting things. How can I improve the ball cups to resist popping off?

Th A-arms flex, does this make the problem worse?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.