Team Associated TC5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks, I am running the new jaco non-dish greens. Is there a rubber difference between the green dish/non-dish wheels? (more or less traction?) Should I try out some blues? I thought the blues are a harder compound?

What about take-off 27s? I ran those last year until my lhs could't get them anymore, but he has some in stock now.

Thanks again for the advice
Old 11-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The Blues are a 32 rating compared to the 27's, yet they have more grip, as long as they are the new ones. I haven't run the new greens though. Try the new Blues with the prism wheels and if it's not enough grip, try the new greens.

What we have found on a few of our local track where we were running double pink foams, traction levels were about that of purples with the Jaco Blue's. You don't lose a whole ton of traction with them. I really like them.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks, has anyone else had any experience with any of these tires on low bite ozite?
Thank you
Old 11-17-2008, 11:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default lipo

hey everyone
i plan to go lipo soon and need advice. first i think im going to use a bitty design tray, although some ppl reckon i dint even need a tray, thoughts? also does it matter what way the leads come out of the battery? i mean some lipos have the leads coming out of the top while others come out the side. which would be better for mounting?

thanks
tree
Old 11-18-2008, 07:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Josh H;5063118]You should be safe running the associated #3 pistons. If I had to guess I would say a 57 piston is between a #2 and a #3.

I thought 57 was 2nd to largest and looking at assoc #'s. #1 looks like the largest.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by treemagnet
hey everyone
i plan to go lipo soon and need advice. first i think im going to use a bitty design tray, although some ppl reckon i dint even need a tray, thoughts? also does it matter what way the leads come out of the battery? i mean some lipos have the leads coming out of the top while others come out the side. which would be better for mounting?

thanks
tree
Depends on the lipo. I use the intellect 3800s with the bumps on the bottom that fit in the battery slots in the chassis. I had all sorts of problems with it shifting, coming out, rubbing my belt, etc even on lighter hits.

I shoe-goo'd the hold down strap to the top of the battery like Josh suggested. The battery does not move at all now no matter how hard I clock the barriers If you have more than one lipo you'll need an extra holddown but it's worth it to keep the battery in place.

Mine have the terminals on the top of the case, I just have straight bananna plugs on the end of my ESC which I plug directly into the battery. I orient them towards the rear, the one is close to the cog for the rear belt but it won't touch as long as the battery stays secure.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by SRW141

I thought 57 was 2nd to largest and looking at assoc #'s. #1 looks like the largest.
I don't think I understand what your trying to say.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

The larger the number, i.e. 57, the smaller the hole. So if you had a 60 piston and a 57 piston from Losi the 60 would have smaller holes in it.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Piston equivalent

Guys here is a quick reference for the pistons between Losi and AE,I believe it is based on the volume of oil that will go thru the subsequent "holes/valves".

Losi #60 Natural is (.040) no AE equivalent but close to Kyosho 3B

Losi #57 Black 3 Hole (.043) is equivalent to the AE #3

Losi Red #56 (.0465) is Equivalent to the AE #2

Losi Orange #55 (.052) is equivalent to AE #1

Hope this helps
Old 11-18-2008, 10:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
Guys here is a quick reference for the pistons between Losi and AE,I believe it is based on the volume of oil that will go thru the subsequent "holes/valves".

Losi #60 Natural is (.040) no AE equivalent but close to Kyosho 3B

Losi #57 Black 3 Hole (.043) is equivalent to the AE #3

Losi Red #56 (.0465) is Equivalent to the AE #2

Losi Orange #55 (.052) is equivalent to AE #1

Hope this helps
Thanks. A guy that drives a losi told me that a 60 was the largest. Thats the reason why I asked.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Anti-squat

Hello Josh,

Thank you for posting your setup. I just recently tried the B mounting position on the bulk heads, with good results. Looking forward to try this.

You are running negative anti-squat, what does that do? My setup books only describes positive anti squat.

Best,
Peter Knudsen
Denmark
Old 11-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by petk
Hello Josh,

Thank you for posting your setup. I just recently tried the B mounting position on the bulk heads, with good results. Looking forward to try this.

You are running negative anti-squat, what does that do? My setup books only describes positive anti squat.

Best,
Peter Knudsen
Denmark
I've tested back and forth from flat pins to pro squat (forward angle) its very hard to feel the difference...........The major thing I could feel is I can be more aggressive in the on power turns. Meaning I can stay full throttle and steer into the turns without the back end breaking loose. So I "think" it smooths the weight transfer from front to back.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just thought I would show what I did for lipo mounting.

Pics are worth a 1,000 words soo....

DK
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC5-tc5-batt-.jpg   Team Associated TC5-tc5-batt-out.jpg  
Old 11-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just make a new battery strap

I use a LiPO plate under my TC5 so I had to invert my LiPO. I made a wider battery strap to fit between the nubs. I installed helicoils into the battery post so that the plastic would not wear out. Works great, except that I needed to add a transponder holder and the G10 flexes more than graphite would.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Lipo mounting in TC5 made easy

First off this is for top plug Batts.Orion 3800 or SMC top wiring/plugs.This is for use with the steel top and side plates. Get a batt. box for the old associated rc10. They are two wedge shape plastic halfs. Cut the mounting tabs off one side (outside) of boxes (away from belt). Novak clear tape to lower steel plate,move about 1/6 in. in from edge.Then tape outside steel plate to (outside) of boxes.When you set it in the car it should be about 1/4in. from belt,and just clear the bulkhead in the rear.For the SMC you need to grind about 1/16 off bulkhead.It does not effect chassis at all.This box allows you to swap all top wired batts,and still use the stock batt. strap. Very cool when done! Makes it easy to remove from car...remove strap,tilt up and slide out box,lift out batt. Hope this help...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.