Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 10:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

A few questions:

1. How does a guy go about getting two of the plastic nuts that go into the long diff half and secure the diff screw? Is there a part number, or can I ask for them when I place my next order?

2. How do you guys adjust your diffs when the car is built? I thought I knew how to do this, but now I'm beginning to wonder if I was wrong.

3. What's the best way to remove the plastic nut from the long diff half when replacing it? Is there anything I should know about putting a new nut in there?
Old 12-13-2005, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
A few questions:

1. How does a guy go about getting two of the plastic nuts that go into the long diff half and secure the diff screw? Is there a part number, or can I ask for them when I place my next order?

2. How do you guys adjust your diffs when the car is built? I thought I knew how to do this, but now I'm beginning to wonder if I was wrong.

3. What's the best way to remove the plastic nut from the long diff half when replacing it? Is there anything I should know about putting a new nut in there?
1) When you order just tell them you would like some...They sent me a bunch on my last order....Free of charge..

2) Once the diff is in the car...Well since I use only one diff it is the rear....So with the front of the car pointed to the front you can look down on the left side the screw slot is there. I put in either a .05mm wrench or a small flat head then twist the right wheel while locking the screw slot with the wrench/screwdriver this will either loosen or tighten.

3) You have to heat the small diff half with a lighter to get the aluminum to expand, it will expand faster than the plastic so it comes out pretty good...Be Patient don't force it and it should come out easy.

Hope that helps,
-Shookie <><
Old 12-14-2005, 01:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thanks Shookie, I appreciate the info.

On the diff adjustment, what I mean is how do you know when it's tight enough? Should I be testing it by holding the wheels and trying to turn the spur gear, to simulate how you'd adjust it out of the car?
Old 12-14-2005, 06:14 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy
You want to run 2.5 mm in the front. This should make the car more stable and I noticed it gave quite a bit more mid and exit steering.
brian,

so on the front of the car we want to run spacers to widen the front that equal 2.5mm ...and you put them between the roll block and the bulkhead...

i am guessing it is 2, 1deg spacers and 1, .5 deg spacer???

thanks

Matt
Old 12-14-2005, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Thanks Shookie, I appreciate the info.

On the diff adjustment, what I mean is how do you know when it's tight enough? Should I be testing it by holding the wheels and trying to turn the spur gear, to simulate how you'd adjust it out of the car?
I hold the left Wheel my left hand and the Spur with my left thumb and try to turn the right wheel. You should not be able to turn it unless you put some extreme pressure....
-Shookie <><
Old 12-14-2005, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mr. losi
brian,

so on the front of the car we want to run spacers to widen the front that equal 2.5mm ...and you put them between the roll block and the bulkhead...

i am guessing it is 2, 1deg spacers and 1, .5 deg spacer???

thanks

Matt
Yes.....
Old 12-14-2005, 07:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hello all just wondering if anyone is having alot of breaking issues with the rdx there are five at my local track and we continue to break steering blocks, body posts,arms and bending cvd shafts. Just wondering if anyone else are having problems one guy is selling his and buying the new xray and im thinking of doing the same i love the rdx just tired of fixing it every other run and also its not like we are hackers we all know how to drive i have hit the wall one time hard enough to break the other times i dont know how it broke the steering block any suggestions thanks
Old 12-14-2005, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Did you put on the TC3 bumper and P-Dub foam bumper?? In not look at Corallyusa and it shows you how to modify the bumper.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Specialized R/C now sells the hard bumper/kydex package. Part # SRC1005

http://www.corallyusa.com/specializedrc/bumperz.htm

This will greatly reduce any breakages. Also, make sure you have a total of at least 2 mm (2.5 works well too) behind the pin holders. The manual calls for 1 mm, but 2+ mm prevents the CVD from hitting the diff screw in a crash which often causes steering blocks to break and CVDs to bend.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Unhappy

The bumper is helping, but it isn't a cure-all...

Old 12-14-2005, 08:46 AM
Tech Addict

i have a bumper and alluminum steering blocks coming hopefully this will help im worried now i might start breaking arms though also one guy has the bumper on his and he still breaking steering blocks just wondering do you think the alluminum ones are the way to go or is something else just going to break like the arms i think i bent my cvd from the hard hit on the wall dont know about the other guys on that part i know two have bent theirs just dont know how
Old 12-14-2005, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Read the last part of my above post ^^^
Old 12-14-2005, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by miamifanatic
i have a bumper and alluminum steering blocks coming hopefully this will help im worried now i might start breaking arms though also one guy has the bumper on his and he still breaking steering blocks just wondering do you think the alluminum ones are the way to go or is something else just going to break like the arms i think i bent my cvd from the hard hit on the wall dont know about the other guys on that part i know two have bent theirs just dont know how
Have you put (2) 1mm shims on each of the front hingepin blocks it will keep the cvds from hitting the diff screws and breaking the steering knuckles and arms and bending cvd's or everything else...
I haven't broke a front arm since.
Now I have broke other things but that is do to some bad crashes.
No need for the aluminum knuckles in my opinion....They just weigh down the front of your car.
Try that fix...
-Shookie <><
Old 12-14-2005, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy
Read the last part of my above post ^^^
LOL....YEA WHAT HE SAID....LOL
Old 12-14-2005, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

i have done that and still breaking steering blocks as for the bent cvd i hit the wall pretty hard on saturday and that is what bent it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.