Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 08:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

BTW, does anyone have any pictures their RDX with a fan over the esc. I am using a Hara twister. I just got a novak fan to use.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slow
BTW, does anyone have any pictures their RDX with a fan over the esc. I am using a Hara twister. I just got a novak fan to use.
Just use one of these for your ESC and put a fan on your motor.
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...nid=57&id=5738
It is for the KO VFS1 Pro Comp or the same as the Hara Twister 2 or 2.1 fits them both.
-Shookie <><
Old 12-12-2005, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I had a hard time with the car this weekend. The car handles great in all cases except left hand turns, regardless of speed. The car is fairly well balanced, droop is even, ride height is equal side to side, tweak is good, none of the tires are rubbing and all are equal size.

When last I ran it, I did not have this problem. I don't remember any big crashes last time I ran it but it is possible. What do you think it the problem? Someone mentioned to me that it may be a bent hinge pin.

Old 12-12-2005, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by raffaelli
I had a hard time with the car this weekend. The car handles great in all cases except left hand turns, regardless of speed. The car is fairly well balanced, droop is even, ride height is equal side to side, tweak is good, none of the tires are rubbing and all are equal size.

When last I ran it, I did not have this problem. I don't remember any big crashes last time I ran it but it is possible. What do you think it the problem? Someone mentioned to me that it may be a bent hinge pin.

Check your radio. Maybe a setting got moved or messed with. If that's not it, take the body off your car, and use the radio to turn the wheels left and right. See if there is any binding, anything blocking wheel travel or if something is broken!
Old 12-12-2005, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I also notice this happening when my steering linkage/ackerman were not even on both sides of the car. If one is even a little longer your car will get to that wheel to the end point quicker than the other causing it to have oversteer on that side. Check that and then if that is good check that your center steering link is also making the two steering post are perfectly ever. If that is good re-check tweak...Those are the things I check if that accures...
-Shookie <><
Old 12-12-2005, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Just use one of these for your ESC and put a fan on your motor.
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...nid=57&id=5738
It is for the KO VFS1 Pro Comp or the same as the Hara Twister 2 or 2.1 fits them both.
-Shookie <><
Hi TCCFM here
We had developed a Triple-Cool-Can-Fan for the XXX-S for the very reason, as my VFS-1 had blown twice. It did help to keep the speedo cool and did not blow after that, but peeps were saying it was a bit over the top (but it worked just like all the other CCF's we produce) so we did not persue it any further as there would of been many ways to lay the electrics within the RC cars, even though some cars, ie, the RDX can on layout the elecs out one way apparently. I personally run the JRX-S and have run a Twister in the car with NO heat probs, but it has given me some glitching probs so maybe its time to revive the 'Triple' CCF Please let me know if anyones interested and I will investigate.
Cheers TCCFM
Old 12-12-2005, 09:45 AM
Tech Adept

Heya Guys i was out on my RDX and i had the same problem with the steering and ill do what shookie said to do to see if the steering links are the same size. But my question is i was putting my cells and they are rubbing against the belt any one get any tips?

Thanks,

Wills
Old 12-12-2005, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by koabich
Check your radio. Maybe a setting got moved or messed with. If that's not it, take the body off your car, and use the radio to turn the wheels left and right. See if there is any binding, anything blocking wheel travel or if something is broken!
Nothing seems to be binding. I cant find anything broken. The radio is unchanged. Strange. Looks like a tear down to check all the parts for bending.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
I also notice this happening when my steering linkage/ackerman were not even on both sides of the car. If one is even a little longer your car will get to that wheel to the end point quicker than the other causing it to have oversteer on that side. Check that and then if that is good check that your center steering link is also making the two steering post are perfectly ever. If that is good re-check tweak...Those are the things I check if that accures...
-Shookie <><

Thanks. I did check all of that and it is good. The spin out is drastic - even with a small amount of wheel turn.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

check tires.... if foams.. for peeling.. if questionable.. swap left and right to see if the same..drive it and recheck. Make sure you are running the proper compounds front or rear.. a buddy mistakenly did it last race.. swapped compounds front to back only one side.. thought it was a heavy tweak.. but it was just installing the wrong tires..

check diffs... make sure the adjustment didnt back out.mine started hooking one night.. found front diffs very loose..

let us know what you find...

RCFREAK
Old 12-12-2005, 12:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

You didn't say what your car is doing when you turn left. When I had the FK05 it would spin out on right hand turns. After all of the usual checks, it turned out to be a blown out rear shock.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stiltskin
You didn't say what your car is doing when you turn left. When I had the FK05 it would spin out on right hand turns. After all of the usual checks, it turned out to be a blown out rear shock.

Sorry, thought I mentioned it. At any speed with any amount of turning input to the left, it will hook and rotate 180 degrees about the left front tire.

Old 12-12-2005, 01:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Check to see if one of your CVD's is bent. If it is, it may be locking that wheel when you turn.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Sorry, thought I mentioned it. At any speed with any amount of turning input to the left, it will hook and rotate 180 degrees about the left front tire.

check your CVD pins, all of your bearings, your shocks (if any of them have leaked), diffs in the rear, your oneway bearings in front. i had the same experience before but with a different car, a cvd pin was loose and was intermitently popping out as i turn so it binds and causes it to spin out. also, seized bearings can cause it too, they may feel ok but once some forces act up during cornering, they bind too. i hope this helps. im getting my RDX soon, cant wait to build it
Old 12-12-2005, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

The same thing happens to my car all the time... spins when turning one direction but is super dialed the other... 99.8235721% of the time it is because of a small hairline stress fracture on the tip of the A-arm outside of the small hinge pin... the castor block or rear hub will twist in an impact and break the arm in the same spot every time (I have about 8 or so arms that all broke that way) it is usually hard to see the break... try taking all the castor or hub off the arm then twist the end of the arm if you're not sure...

Hope this helps, good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.