Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree106Likes

TLR 22 SCT 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 06:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey Dave,

I'll preface my comments by saying: "I'm a carpet offroad guy" - BUT...

Checkout "Petit RC" (google "Petit 22 SCT setup sheets" to find it) - you'll find a ton of setup sheets and tips for all surfaces.

If you're building it from new and want to stick to stock parts: I'd go with the mid-motor configuration, ball diff, and kit setup. Honestly. Most people jump into crazy setups before driving their vehicle first and that's not always wise.

Once you get a feel for the truck you may find you want to do a laydown conversion using 4.0/5.0 parts ($$$$) but you can add a lot of steering with a brass front bulkhead and proper tuning. And remember: track time and practice can make a bad car look better. A great car can't make a bad driver look good. lol

Good luck!
Old 04-30-2021, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Unknown Driver, thanks for the help, almost done with the build. Looking forward to testing it soon. Is there any pictures available with the lay down trans available? I'd like to get an idea what I'm getting into before I dive in.
Old 06-02-2021, 04:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm looking to get the ride height of my 22 SCT 3.0 down. The rclyfe kit is unavailable, what are my options using TLR parts?
It's got an Exotek laydown transmission and the truck drives and jumps so good, it's just the body roll that upsets it.
What 5.0 parts fit? Would a 22T 4.0 rear end help?
Here it is...Orion R10.1 ESC and an Orion 8.5 ultimate mod motor.

Trying out a 6.5, it likes the 8.5 much better.

Old 06-05-2021, 12:37 AM
mes
Tech Elite

I am not sure if I understand your issue correctly, but maybe your pictures are misleading. Raise your shock collars to lower your ride height.
If you look for a way to lower the center of gravity by doing a low-rider conversion, check out the Facebook groups. Thomas Schwarz, a friend of mine, had an own version of such a kit made for himself, maybe he can point you to the carbon fiber workshop. The 5.0 DC Elite C and D blocks and rear hubs will fit.
If it is just body roll you are looking to counter, play with sway bars, springs, shock oil and pistons. Associated V2 springs are currently hard to beat on high traction surfaces.

Last edited by mes; 06-05-2021 at 12:50 AM.
Old 06-05-2021, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FasterLouder
I'm looking to get the ride height of my 22 SCT 3.0 down. The rclyfe kit is unavailable, what are my options using TLR parts?
It's got an Exotek laydown transmission and the truck drives and jumps so good, it's just the body roll that upsets it.
What 5.0 parts fit? Would a 22T 4.0 rear end help?
Here it is...Orion R10.1 ESC and an Orion 8.5 ultimate mod motor.

Trying out a 6.5, it likes the 8.5 much better.
The 4.0/5.0 gearbox would give you the option of moving your rear shocks to the front of the arms (better weight distribution for high grip), and if you really wanted to make the truck way better for carpet you could run buggy rear shocks and shock tower to get way less rear suspension travel and a lower center of gravity (less body roll). Additionally, the TLR laydown gearbox will give you the ability to run rear sway bars too, which let's you tune the roll characteristics of your truck.
Old 11-30-2021, 12:12 PM
Tech Rookie

I just picked up a 22 SCT 3.0, and was just curious what the typical battery hold down options are. I typically run on hardpack outdoor dirt, or indoor clay, so not planning on running the lowrider kit yet (don't think it's available at the moment anyway). The truck currently has the laydown transmission, but I do have a standup that I'll play around with too.

I did the 22 5.0 battery mount on my 4.0 buggy, and was planning to do the same for the SCT, but just wanted to see if anyone was doing something different. I'm not a huge fan of the stock hinged battery hold down, so looking for other options.
Old 12-25-2021, 05:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Might be in the wrong thread but I’ll ask.. I have a 2.0 and was wondering if it was worth putting the 3.0 front on it, indoor medium traction wet clay track. It’s a 4 gear stand up ..
Old 12-28-2021, 12:26 PM
Tech Rookie

The 3.0 front end can fit the older 2.0 perfectly. nice addition to have the updated front end with the VLA arms.
MaX-D likes this.
Old 03-03-2022, 01:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by manwithscales
The 3.0 front end can fit the older 2.0 perfectly. nice addition to have the updated front end with the VLA arms.
I have a 2.0 that I Would like to put a 3.0 front end on. What parts are necessary to do this? Thanks
Old 03-21-2022, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hey guys,
Looking for some onroad tires for my 3.0 (we run on an asphalt track with jumps). The tires in the link are the only ones I can find available locally, should these fit up okay? Pretty sure they're 12mm hex but wasn't sure about offset? Thanks guys

https://www.campbelltownhobbies.com....-associate-4x4
Old 03-21-2022, 08:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by pullstarter
Hey guys,
Looking for some onroad tires for my 3.0 (we run on an asphalt track with jumps). The tires in the link are the only ones I can find available locally, should these fit up okay? Pretty sure they're 12mm hex but wasn't sure about offset? Thanks guys

https://www.campbelltownhobbies.com....-associate-4x4
The offset on the wheels you have linked are too wide of an offset. Look for SCTE 4X4 in the description. These are a 0 offset, the same as your 3.0.
Old 03-21-2022, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaX-D
The offset on the wheels you have linked are too wide of an offset. Look for SCTE 4X4 in the description. These are a 0 offset, the same as your 3.0.
Thank you, much appreciated
Old 03-29-2022, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

Ok I just built my 22sct 3.0 kit.
omce I got the front end done, turnbuckles set to the manual specs with a caliper I could see the hubs didn’t look right. I soul’s let and triple checked everything and made sure things were on the right way and in the right holes
finished the build and put the tires on and I was correct the front was way toed out and had way too much negative camber.
I didn’t take pics
looked at everything again. Didn’t seem right that the kit would set the truck up this way
i believe the kit called for 52mm for the steering turnbuckles inside to inside. I’m at like 56.5 and I’m still a bit toed out which is fine. (I’m out of town and don’t have my set up board so it’s all eyeball engineering)
is this normal in the kit to have to adjust the turnbuckles so much or did I mess up somewhere I have noticed? Can somebody give me
there lengths?
thanks
Old 03-30-2022, 06:37 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dirtman71
Ok I just built my 22sct 3.0 kit.
omce I got the front end done, turnbuckles set to the manual specs with a caliper I could see the hubs didn’t look right. I soul’s let and triple checked everything and made sure things were on the right way and in the right holes
finished the build and put the tires on and I was correct the front was way toed out and had way too much negative camber.
I didn’t take pics
looked at everything again. Didn’t seem right that the kit would set the truck up this way
i believe the kit called for 52mm for the steering turnbuckles inside to inside. I’m at like 56.5 and I’m still a bit toed out which is fine. (I’m out of town and don’t have my set up board so it’s all eyeball engineering)
is this normal in the kit to have to adjust the turnbuckles so much or did I mess up somewhere I have noticed? Can somebody give me
there lengths?
thanks
I don't think you messed anything up, sometimes manuals are simply wrong. Maybe the online version has been corrected? Just use your camber gauge and adjust the camber and toe to your liking or set-up sheet of choice and move on.
Old 03-30-2022, 01:11 PM
Tech Regular

Yep that’s what I did. Just find it funny that it would be off that much
thanks for the reply

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.