Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 12:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Yes, its the same as on Simo and Sakke's car..I think the productionversion wil look the same.Here is a better pic..I don't know the partnumber or when it wil be avalible.

Bart
Attached Thumbnails Team Corally RDX Touring Car-rdx_fan___fanmount.jpg  
Old 12-16-2005, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is Corally gonna release the rear left bulkhead that moved the motor in closer to the center of the car, like Toso is running? The car desparately needs to have less weight hanging out on the motor/servo side, and the guard/fan unit will only make things worse in that regard.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bart W
Yes, its the same as on Simo and Sakke's car..I think the productionversion wil look the same.Here is a better pic..I don't know the partnumber or when it wil be avalible.

Bart
You got a picture? I did`t take any, but just looked then that new system

Why i remenber that at it was different look when i hold Simo`s RDX in my hand in Rebellion race?
Old 12-16-2005, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
Is Corally gonna release the rear left bulkhead that moved the motor in closer to the center of the car, like Toso is running? The car desparately needs to have less weight hanging out on the motor/servo side, and the guard/fan unit will only make things worse in that regard.
The bulkhead was a prototype that we made at Specialized R/C. Chris has the only one because he thought it would be a good idea. We are looking into releasing them but it will require the chassis to be machined. Which the next generation 4.0mm chassis will have added on. The stock chassis however will be another situation. More info to come....

Jeff
Old 12-16-2005, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
Is there a picture of the car with the new bulkhead?
Old 12-16-2005, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
The bulkhead was a prototype that we made at Specialized R/C. Chris has the only one because he thought it would be a good idea. We are looking into releasing them but it will require the chassis to be machined. Which the next generation 4.0mm chassis will have added on. The stock chassis however will be another situation. More info to come....

Jeff
what about changing the the CVDs to a regular bone , the cvds make all kinds of mechcanical traction , shorting up the wheel base at the rear belt , buy making some bearing holders that move the diff forward , get a shorter belt ..some more things to think about my .02
Old 12-16-2005, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bart W

Bart
Wouldn't this break under impact ?
Old 12-16-2005, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hey I have my RDX with all my parts I have for it for sale..
http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=93676
Old 12-16-2005, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bobby J
what about changing the the CVDs to a regular bone , the cvds make all kinds of mechcanical traction , shorting up the wheel base at the rear belt , buy making some bearing holders that move the diff forward , get a shorter belt ..some more things to think about my .02
Not quite following you on this......... so you want to go backwards and put dogbones into the car? I do not see that ever happening.

Jeff
Old 12-16-2005, 06:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 429racer
1. Is there anyway of buying the 24lb/5turn black springs without having to buy the full black spring set? If so what is the part number?
2. How many different pistons are available for the shocks?
3. Do you guys prefer to run a belt tensioner or without?
4. where is a good place to buy parts at a good price?
Thanks guys any info is appreciated! I just got the car (used) today and was going over it briefly making up a parts list.
Hey Jeff can you answer the number 1 question I had?
Old 12-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Hey Jeff can you answer the number 1 question I had?
Sure....... at the moment the spring set is the only way to get them. I will see what I can do to have Holland offer all springs seperately. Did you loose them or something? hehe. I just carry 2 sets of each spring set.

Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Brown; 12-16-2005 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

I bought the car used (just got it Thursday/yesterday) and it came with the full set of silver and was supposed to come with a full set of black springs, but it came with 6 of the 17lb springs, 2 -12.5 lb springs, 2 - 14.5 springs, 2 - 19lb springs and 2 - 22lb springs. So as you can see I really don't want anymore springs. Also when are the new towers going to be in the states and what is the standard pistons (like in the setup sheets). I want to get all my parts rounded up before I do a total rebuild. First race with the car will probably be Jan. 8th at the home track instead of going to the Novak race (DANG IT).
I appreciate all the help guys and please forgive me for all the questions, I like to know too much!
Old 12-16-2005, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

I bought the car used (just got it Thursday/yesterday) and it came with the full set of silver and was supposed to come with a full set of black springs, but it came with 6 of the 17lb springs, 2 -12.5 lb springs, 2 - 14.5 springs, 2 - 19lb springs and 2 - 22lb springs. So as you can see I really don't want anymore springs. Also when are the new towers going to be in the states and what is the standard pistons (like in the setup sheets). I want to get all my parts rounded up before I do a total rebuild. First race with the car will probably be Jan. 8th at the home track instead of going to the Novak race (DANG IT).
I appreciate all the help guys and please forgive me for all the questions, I like to know too much!
Ok....... new towers... i am assuming you mean the lowered ones. They are already available. Just out of stock at the moment. Arriving next week. Also, if you are not running foam tires then i wouldn't worry about it.

The kits came with 0.9mm pistons for a while but since it was a more popular option to run the 1.3mm pistons they were swapped (running change).

Ask any other questions you have. Not a problem.

Jeff
Old 12-16-2005, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ok....... new towers... i am assuming you mean the lowered ones. They are already available. Just out of stock at the moment. Arriving next week. Also, if you are not running foam tires then i wouldn't worry about it.

The kits came with 0.9mm pistons for a while but since it was a more popular option to run the 1.3mm pistons they were swapped (running change).

Jeff
Jeff, that is 1.3's all around?
Old 12-16-2005, 08:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Jeff
I have many questions (LOL), can you brings all the parts and your cars to my house to help me build this car and set it up LOL? I will be running on carpet and I was referring to the lower shock tower. When was the running change made with the pistons? In Cuffs setup for the 2005 Snow Birds it said that he was using stock pitons and in Daygers 3/20/05 Nats setup he was also running stock pistons so I was trying to figure who used what, so on a time line I could possibly make a guess as to which piston they were running. I have the 1.3's in the car right now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.