Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by R Monahan
the job of a team driver is to try new stuff too see if it works. if the team does not try new parts how will the next gen car get better. my car is dialed and I dont have the parts.

well i'm glad your car is dialed but I was asking if the part was going to be made available to the public
if you read my question it asks jeff about the part...it does not say R Monahan please tell me how dialed you are
Old 12-17-2005, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by koabich
As another member said. They have to test stuff first before releasing it to the public. What if they just realeased it with out testing and then you bought it and the product didn't work? I am sure you wouldn't be happy. Give them a chankce. One thing I have learned over the years is that Corally is one of the best manufactures at listening to their customers needs.
so how long do they need to test this part??? its been on chris's car for what a year??? and now ray makes the mod main and he has these parts. so I guess this part works or they wouldn't use it!!!

I asked a simple question to Jeff from corally and I get everybody putting in there two cents.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

hi, what benefits does the short arm do interms of the handling of the car. im running the box setup now for asphalt. i got the kit that comes with one-way in front. i was very impressed with my first outing, i ran mod with it 8x1 checkpoint. i kinda need a little bit more of exit steering coz i couldnt throttle up earlier than usual and i need the car to be more responsive, will the short arms help interms of car reaction? thanksÜ
Old 12-17-2005, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Josh H
so how long do they need to test this part??? its been on chris's car for what a year??? and now ray makes the mod main and he has these parts. so I guess this part works or they wouldn't use it!!!

I asked a simple question to Jeff from corally and I get everybody putting in there two cents.
I tried them. I didn't notice a bit of difference. You have to run softer springs anyways because it makes it stiffer. I took them back off my car. I think there are other things that help more.

Besides...... if you think about testing and testing different geometry. There are other things coming so you will not have to worry about trying these. Easier to make little bits than big things to test.

Jeff
Old 12-17-2005, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Thank you thats all I need to hear
Old 12-17-2005, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Fatboy Joe
hi, what benefits does the short arm do interms of the handling of the car. im running the box setup now for asphalt. i got the kit that comes with one-way in front. i was very impressed with my first outing, i ran mod with it 8x1 checkpoint. i kinda need a little bit more of exit steering coz i couldnt throttle up earlier than usual and i need the car to be more responsive, will the short arms help interms of car reaction? thanksÜ
Yes, Short arms will help reaction and transition faster as well. Let me know your current setup and we can provide you with some things to try.

Jeff
Old 12-17-2005, 08:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Anyone know of where I can get the new lowered shock tower?
Old 12-17-2005, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 429racer
Anyone know of where I can get the new lowered shock tower?

You can order through Corally
Old 12-18-2005, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Yes, Short arms will help reaction and transition faster as well. Let me know your current setup and we can provide you with some things to try.

Jeff
Hi Jeff, thank you for your time and support. I am really pleased with the performance of the RDX. I attached my current setup below. We run in a 112Ft x 90FT Asphalt Race track. The layout is always technical. Daytime track surface temp goes up tp around 60*C and down to around 30*C late afternoon til nightime. My car needs exit steering. My car would tend to push more than I like exiting while powering up. I am currently using Checkpoint w/ DC UL 8x1 Armature. I was thinking of trying Short arms to make my car react faster. maybe you can suggest addtional settings to make my car more dialed. I got 2nd in the car's first race last saturday. I am happy with the result because I was only able to run the car a day before the race. Thanks
Old 12-18-2005, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Try going to 4 deg of caster with flat hinge pins. The front end will bite a little hard in the middle and exit and finish off the corner much better.

-Korey
Old 12-18-2005, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sushi Boy
Try going to 4 deg of caster with flat hinge pins. The front end will bite a little hard in the middle and exit and finish off the corner much better.

-Korey

Thanks Korey
Old 12-19-2005, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Update kit

Since I sold my FK 05 thinking that the T2 was coming out in Jan. I'm in the market for a new RDX "again" , What new or improved items comes with the updated kit.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Since I sold my FK 05 thinking that the T2 was coming out in Jan. I'm in the market for a new RDX "again" , What new or improved items comes with the updated kit.
Welcome back to the fold my long lost sheep.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat

First-I have a NIP Carpet spec kit FS in the FS forums!!

OK-some Carpet Spec highlights.

1. 1.3 pistons front and rear.
2. 75% X-Hard arms
3. 3.4mm top deck
4. Multi-position rear body work brace.
5. Chassis designed to fit GP3300 up to IB3800 batteries.
6. Silver spring set (hard springs).
7. Front and rear sway bars
8. Belt tensioner
9. Aluminum 4 deg Caster blocks
10.Dbl diff.

I think thats about it.

Ray
Old 12-19-2005, 09:21 AM
Tech Adept

Helo,

I have a problem: i snapped my diffscrew and the problem is to get the snapped piece out of the outdrive.I tryed to bang it out with a hammer and screwdriver but it dont move I think some people now where im talking about. Is there tread in the outdrive?

can somebody help me plss?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.