Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Raffaelli.. so you coming down to race with us @ THE TRACK in Md??

January 14th... see ya there with your Corally??

RCFREAK
Old 12-26-2005, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Lightbulb Ha

Originally Posted by raffaelli
so, 'ha' means what?
Ha = Height to top of axle
Old 12-26-2005, 03:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by QuickyTC3
Depends on how you are measuring the droop, if you are just using a gauge, then the droop obviously wont change unless you adjust the droop screw. Think about it, if you are using 58mm tires, have your ride height set at 4, and you car is on a 5.5mm block and the droop is set so the tires are JUST touching the board, then you throw on a set of 57mm tires, they will be 1mm off the board, leaving only .5mm of droop compared the to 1.5 you got from the 58mm tires. Droop is a confusing phenomenon and everyone has different theorys, I'm just sharing mine.

Brett
Actually, after thinking about it, the droop wouldn't really change....would it? even the way you said it would. If you had the car sitting on a 5.5mm block and threw on 57mm tires, the ride-height would have changed...why would it be on a 5.5mm block now? The cars rideheight would now be at 3.5 and sitting on a 5.5mm board you'd be setting it up for 2mm of droop....You take the car (with 57mm tires) and throw it on a 5mm block, with 3.5mm rideheight, and there's your 1.5mm droop...never changed. Think about it

-Eric
Old 12-26-2005, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

But when you re-adjust ride height, your droop has then changed and needs to be readjusted. Most ppl just take the ride height readjustment as a given when changing tire diameters.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCFREAK
Raffaelli.. so you coming down to race with us @ THE TRACK in Md??

January 14th... see ya there with your Corally??

RCFREAK
Mr Freak, yes I will be there with my RDX. I am looking forward to attending, I have never been to Mimi's before.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Customworksking
Ha = Height to top of axle
Gotcha, thanks!
Old 12-26-2005, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
But when you re-adjust ride height, your droop has then changed and needs to be readjusted. Most ppl just take the ride height readjustment as a given when changing tire diameters.

Gotcha, but say if you weren't changing your ride height yet according to tire wear. As the tire wears, the droop would stay the same. It would stay the same until you physically adjust the ride height. Only makes sense, right?
Old 12-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default droop

so as for i read these posts before me me my understanding now is that after i have done the procedrues that brett and i have discussed is that when my tire breaks down and i have to change ride height because of that reason i now have to change droop as i go.
is this right?
or is it now that i have already got the car set-up.i will no longer have to change it untill i put a larger size tire on.

i think i would have to keep an eye on it after each week for i wouldnt loose to much tire in 3 races.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

brett
also i should just call you up and ask you but bince i am here i will type instead.when it comes to that day that i have to purchase new foams and since i am not rich.i usually have them trued to the biggest size i can so that there all the same size all the way around.that info you gave me before right,would that change say if i would use a 62 mm tire?or would i still set it up as the same before?for i think that nothing would change except for the gearing of the car.

matt
Old 12-26-2005, 09:11 PM
Tech Champion

brett
i just made i bo bo.i would have to set it up different for i would have to change ride heght because of the tires being larger than before.i will call you and we will have to chat about that.

matt
Old 12-26-2005, 09:58 PM
Tech Champion

With bigger tires I tend to run a little more camber.... helps prevent chunking, and the tires seem to wear much more evenly. The biggest I've run is about 60mm though.

-Korey
Old 12-27-2005, 11:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default A few teething problems with my RDX

Guys I have been having a few teething problems with my new RDX, one that I have sorted and one that has driven me insane.

1st problem:
When I mounted the steering servo the control arm seemed to hit the top of the servo, reducing travel, pain in the rear. Solved that one by changing the servo saver to a losi one, and using my low pro Futaba servo from my pro 4 and mounting it behind the servo posts.
Short Futaba servo (problem solved)

2nd Problem:
No matter what I did to the shocks, they would not become air free and give the same rebound, this has given me no end of problems, they have been stripped down completely rebuilt very carfully, left to stand for a couple of days, and all the rest of the good stuff. The only thing I could do to get to drive the car was put my spare set of TRF shocks on the car and run it like that, vast improvement.

So what I would like to know has anyone else suffered these problems and what have you done to overcome these issues.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

prob #1 shim the ball stup up on the steering rack. that should help. Prob #2 i never had a prob with my shocks.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quick question for all you RDX owners.

Getting back into RC... trying out this TC craze. I've narrowed it down to the RDX and Jeff Brown helped me out with a list of good spares. I have one other question for you guys though.

What tools do you find are extremely useful for working on your RDX?

Trying to think of everything so when I head up to the shop and buy everything.. (as soon as I sell my Kart or get my tax returns!!) I'm not making nonstop trips back while I try to put this thing together.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Corally sells a tool kit that has most of what you need, just get some small pliers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.