Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mission_carbon
Hi Guys come back ealry after one heat of carpet thrashnal with a broken diff screw and no 1 had any spares not happy.

Has any one got any RDX spares they want to sell like hubs wishbones diff bolts Black spring set, Sliver spring set maybe even a spool one-way.

Please PM with what you got.

Also what would be the best to run on carpet?

Spool, One-Way, Diff

Thanks,

Will

Diff's front and rear

-Eric
Old 01-08-2006, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
If you run the spool do yourselfa favor and get the steel cvds and the metal blades...You will thank me after about 2 runs with the plastic blades...

Spools tear those plastic blades to bits then you have a metal to metal conflict and we already know what the outcome is...LOL
If you setup your spool right it is nasty agressive....My D rate is set to 72%....
Remember you want your cvds strait out from the spool.
Ok My two pennies....
-Shookie <><
Hi Shookie, where can I get those steel CVDs and Metal Blades? Thanks

Sonny
Old 01-08-2006, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EricO3
Diff's front and rear

-Eric
Thanks,

Also what Oil should i be running im using 40 Front 30 back got some over steer problems moved the shocks up a hole? any other ideas
Old 01-08-2006, 10:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by FBJ's RDX
Hi Shookie, where can I get those steel CVDs and Metal Blades? Thanks

Sonny
I'm not shookie, but you can buy them here

Or order them from your LHS.

-B
Old 01-08-2006, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

i have the rubberneck bumper on. i break arms frequlently. would the brp tc3 wide bumper help at all? im limited money . would this save arms at al? thx
Old 01-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mission_carbon
Thanks,

Also what Oil should i be running im using 40 Front 30 back got some over steer problems moved the shocks up a hole? any other ideas
Are you running the 1.3mm pistons front and rear? If so, i'd try 60/40 with 33lbs springs in front and 26lbs spings on the rear (silver spring set)

-Eric
Old 01-08-2006, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Z.Hallett
i have the rubberneck bumper on. i break arms frequlently. would the brp tc3 wide bumper help at all? im limited money . would this save arms at al? thx

Yes. Specialized RC has a pre-cut bumper you should use.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default RDX

Originally Posted by Z.Hallett
A modified BRP TC3 or Specialized RDX bumper (both Kevlar) will help save the front end arms. I have not broken one yet.

To save the rear arms, consider using softer plastic arms on that end of the car...Not the "hard" or "extra hard" arms...too brittle. The soft ones cost less too.

Bill
Old 01-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Well...... RDX seemed to fair well up in Wisconsin. TQ by Jim Herrmann and overall win by Jeff Dayger. Back to back wins for Jeff. Nice! I believe there were 7 RDX cars in the Stock A-main.

Jeff
Old 01-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Tosolini was up around 2nd/3rd till he got knocked into the boards...
Old 01-09-2006, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

****EDIT****

Last edited by Mr. Shookie; 01-10-2006 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Yes, the pistons are still available. They just put the 1.3mm ones in since everyone was switching to them. How high bite of track are you running? I ran today and went down to 30lb springs in the front and it was way better. I thought about trying the 26lb. Perhaps also try less droop in the front, unless you are already running about 1-2mm up travel.

The excess off power is usually due to droop and weight transfer.

Jeff
Jeff
I am having a similar problem...Tons of off power steering but having a hard time getting the car to dive into the corners. Running 1.3 mm pistons, 30lb front springs with 60wt, 26lb rears with 40wt, 2 mm droop front 2.5mm rear, ultra low roll blocks, shortest possible camber links, 1 shim under each front coupler. I read that increasing the number of shims will help with steering...Is that true? Also, this sounds like a strange question, but when you say less droop do you mean to tighten or loosen the droop screws? Having a brain cramp....High traction on foams...
Old 01-10-2006, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Glowster21
Jeff
I am having a similar problem...Tons of off power steering but having a hard time getting the car to dive into the corners. Running 1.3 mm pistons, 30lb front springs with 60wt, 26lb rears with 40wt, 2 mm droop front 2.5mm rear, ultra low roll blocks, shortest possible camber links, 1 shim under each front coupler. I read that increasing the number of shims will help with steering...Is that true? Also, this sounds like a strange question, but when you say less droop do you mean to tighten or loosen the droop screws? Having a brain cramp....High traction on foams...
Longer camber links will smooth out the car. Remove some droop from the rear end. Adding more shims will make the car wider and more stable. It will prevent it from dumping a bit as well, which you may be experiencing. Perhaps try dropping the rear springs down to 22lb as well so the rear rolls a bit more.

Less droop means tighten the screw, so you have less up travel.

Jeff
Old 01-10-2006, 09:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well diving into the corner, to me is like off power/entry steering. Generally when Jeff talks about droop, it's how far the car lifts up over ride height. So when he mentions "less droop" he means to tighten the droop screws a bit.

If you are having issues having the car feeling a little dead on power I generally tighten the front droop screws a touch. It keeps weight from transfering to the rear of the car, resulting in more on power steering.

On another note, if you guys are having problems getting the front end to hook up entering the corner give the new lower shock tower a try. The upper row of camber link adjustment is the same as the standard tower, so it is one row higher than our "hand made" lower towers. This will give you better turn in, and keeps the front end from dumping over. Made a world of difference in my car.

-Korey
Old 01-10-2006, 09:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

blah I was too slow.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.