Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper

That is a very good looking chassis" is it the Losi Flex???
Old 09-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Asharus
Great product support by Losi demonstrated today. I called them about my broken center/front driveshaft pin, then they looked it up and advised that the part has been revised (which we all knew about already, thanks Ryan) and that they will send me a replacement. The only thing is that it's on backorder until the first week of Oct, LOL. It looks like I'm still going to be buying one of the old ones to get me going until then.
They werent aware when I called? Ryan claims below CS should be contacted in reference to this "issue". Says you should purchase a new one.

Originally Posted by cavg
To where should i turn to get this kind of support? I'm in Sweden.

I've had the same thing happen to me.

Originally Posted by bustanut666
so is the this new set screw for the CV driveshaft thing out yet.. thats #5 already.. pin keeps flying out of the sleeve...
seems like an issue to me

Originally Posted by 250r
same thing happened to my buddys truck saturday the pin came out of the front cv where it attaches to the input shaft of the front gearbox. is this an issue with all of the versions of the truck ive got two third release trucks and is this something i need to worry about?
again

Originally Posted by Brushless420
Funny I called them yesterday and the person I spoke with had no idea about any change made to the part or any revision period. He said he didnt think they were doing anything about the issue and didnt think there was an issue. Claimed he would call me back once he asked "someone". Never received a call as of yet.
Originally Posted by Bondonutz
I called Tuesday, after being on hold 2hrs and 11 mins someone finially picked. (Had the celly on speaker phone while I worked on the PC) The guy I spoke to knew nothing of the change and but said he's send me the rears but I'd have to wait on the fronts. Thats a start anyway, Thanks HH !
Originally Posted by hacker07
I guess I am curious what you all are referencing...if it is the updated set screwed coupler, that is a part update. Soemthing you buy once the old one wears out. Not soemthing you call CS about. The original works great, these just work better. I have informed CS that this is NOT a CS issue.

With the originals, if you grease them properly and space them out on the shaft far enough for them not to bind as recommended here numerous times, they last for 6 months or more. Its the moment they bind when rotating the drive shaft at that front angle that you have a problem and that comes from pushing it too far onto the pinion shaft.

Also, if you spit the pin through the plastic, you can simply dremel a new notch for the set screw in the plastic and rotate it and good as new.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chuck 21
That is a very good looking chassis" is it the Losi Flex???
Yeah thats the TLR flex tuned chassis
Old 09-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

They werent aware when I called? Ryan claims below CS should be contacted in reference to this "issue". Says you should purchase a new one.
i didnt have it break but about after a month my pin isnt long enough to stay in the hole anymore. i can install it and go a couple laps and the pin is still in the shaft but one side is out which will break if i keep it like that. i keep having to buy new coupler sets to get that pin but now they are b/o . im on my second shaft and 4th rebuild kit. i put the pin in the other hole on the shaft thinking maybe its a wear issue ?? idk tho, but to be honest i really dont care as long as i can get parts im fine it, especially if they are coming with a fix
Old 09-19-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

Does anyone have a link to "chris's" store I keep reading about it and havent been able to find anything on it. I would love to see what he offers. I still dont have mine running yet I will have all the parts soon enough (hopefully before christmas )
Old 09-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry had to post as i forgot to subscribe to the thread on the last one
Old 09-19-2011, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by e-fanatic
Does anyone have a link to "chris's" store I keep reading about it and havent been able to find anything on it. I would love to see what he offers. I still dont have mine running yet I will have all the parts soon enough (hopefully before christmas )
http://mysite.verizon.net/res8x8be/a...ceengineering/
Old 09-19-2011, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

thanks. I guess i will just get it all and be done with it!!!
Old 09-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
i didnt have it break but about after a month my pin isnt long enough to stay in the hole anymore. i can install it and go a couple laps and the pin is still in the shaft but one side is out which will break if i keep it like that. i keep having to buy new coupler sets to get that pin but now they are b/o . im on my second shaft and 4th rebuild kit. i put the pin in the other hole on the shaft thinking maybe its a wear issue ?? idk tho, but to be honest i really dont care as long as i can get parts im fine it, especially if they are coming with a fix
Same here, upon further inspection, the pin was a bit too short to stay in both holes at the same time (no pun intended you pervs). I first noticed this when I was transferring over to the TLR chassis, the coupler was hanging on just one side of the pin.

I have no problem with purchasing a new driveshaft or rebuild kit since I definitely agree that this is a wear item. The updated retainer is just another bonus that shows Losi is addressing known issues and making improvements to them.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Same here, upon further inspection, the pin was a bit too short to stay in both holes at the same time (no pun intended you pervs). I first noticed this when I was transferring over to the TLR chassis, the coupler was hanging on just one side of the pin.

I have no problem with purchasing a new driveshaft or rebuild kit since I definitely agree that this is a wear item. The updated retainer is just another bonus that shows Losi is addressing known issues and making improvements to them.
I agree its a wear item but of poor design(seems no different than the diff pin issue really). Since there is an update the the said part there is definitely an "issue". I also believe CS should be notified of such issues. Seeing CS agreed to replace your driveshaft and didnt even bother to return my call as promised seems fairly lame to me. I have no problem buying a replacement if the updated part were available. However its not and Losi should be replacing existing parts with the old stock no questions asked IMHO.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

exactly. they know there is an issue, they are fixing it. Stop complaining, its like a $5 dollar part
Old 09-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Default driveshaft

Originally Posted by losi_racer
exactly. they know there is an issue, they are fixing it. Stop complaining, its like a $5 dollar part
Obviously they dont(CS). The cost of the part isnt the problem its availability. Stop riding TLs nut sack.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Obviously they dont(CS). The cost of the part isnt the problem its availability. Stop riding TLs nut sack.

ps anyone that needs the lipo nano techs 6000mah 65-130c pm me i got a few im not using, they're new.

hey angelo the same happened to me while i was tranferring tot he bce chassis as well. i didnt want to buy another 13 dollar d-line nor were they available at the time so i made my own out a sway bar.

so far its held up great even on 4s lol
Old 09-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
hey angelo the same happened to me while i was tranferring tot he bce chassis as well. i didnt want to buy another 13 dollar d-line nor were they available at the time so i made my own out a sway bar.

so far its held up great even on 4s lol
nice work!
Old 09-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Tech Champion

wow, i just dont complain about every little thing and expect everything given to me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.