Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree30Likes

Headsets, suggestions and ROAR Rules

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 06:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Im considering trying a over the ear headset designed for XBOX or PS4 since it has the 3.5mm jack and is designed for 2 way communication. I found really good brand ones on ebay for no more then 20 dollars a headset. Plug it into the cell phone and call your buddy in the pits. I really think it will work well but just haven't bought the headsets yet. If i do ill update this thread of how it works out
Old 05-08-2019, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by iplaygames
a google search has thousands of results for bluetooth communication, in-ear and over the top etc.

Old 05-08-2019, 11:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jomo918
Im considering trying a over the ear headset designed for XBOX or PS4 since it has the 3.5mm jack and is designed for 2 way communication. I found really good brand ones on ebay for no more then 20 dollars a headset. Plug it into the cell phone and call your buddy in the pits. I really think it will work well but just haven't bought the headsets yet. If i do ill update this thread of how it works out
I was actually thinking about testing that route as well.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:50 PM
Suspended

There you go. We use a bluetooth app with single sided gaming headset... i dont understand why people would ask for a link on this... clearly there is not just one option lol
Old 05-09-2019, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by iplaygames
There you go. We use a bluetooth app with single sided gaming headset... i dont understand why people would ask for a link on this... clearly there is not just one option lol
Link to what YOU use? You can just ramble on or you could share what you actually use. If you are providing advice, I would assume you have tested and used something. How hard is it to share a link.

Here's what most of the racers use UltraLITE PG1. They are by far the best option. Simple to use and no burden on a pit man. Turn them on and go. They are expensive, but if you race nitro like I do, they are worth every penny.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by token
Link to what YOU use? You can just ramble on or you could share what you actually use. If you are providing advice, I would assume you have tested and used something. How hard is it to share a link.

Here's what most of the racers use UltraLITE PG1. They are by far the best option. Simple to use and no burden on a pit man. Turn them on and go. They are expensive, but if you race nitro like I do, they are worth every penny.
after i read that post, i had a search and found quite a few ideas that were cheaper. Sena creates way higher quality systems for less.

If you look under motorbike communication you can find really high quality gear for less, theres a good chunk on Ali Express for cheap that work really well too.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MonsterJuice
after i read that post, i had a search and found quite a few ideas that were cheaper. Sena creates way higher quality systems for less.

If you look under motorbike communication you can find really high quality gear for less, theres a good chunk on Ali Express for cheap that work really well too.
If y'all want to be helpful post a freakin link. Otherwise, its garbage that has NOT been used or tested for RC nitro racing. Eartec is still the best. Prove me wrong.
Senas are about $200 EACH..........................
Old 05-10-2019, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
If y'all want to be helpful post a freakin link. Otherwise, its garbage that has NOT been used or tested for RC nitro racing. Eartec is still the best. Prove me wrong.
Senas are about $200 EACH..........................
go a page back and check out what I said, the sena system isn’t better then my set up with the noise canceling headphones and lexin r6 85$ on Amazon and 14$ for the noise canceling headphones from harbor frieght. The sena has a lag so it almost sounds like an echo. My set up does not.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Lx-r6

Made a pair per matt and they are awesome! The only downside i see is might be a little hot in summer but they work really well for total of $120
Old 05-14-2019, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

FYI - I dont belielve you can use blutooth headsets at ROAR events. Blutooth run on 2.4 and the absolutely can interfere.... just a note.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raylesk
Made a pair per matt and they are awesome! The only downside i see is might be a little hot in summer but they work really well for total of $120
those look sick. Some stickers and the muffs will look sweet!! They look a lot like mine
Old 05-15-2019, 05:18 AM
Tech Adept

https://www.amazon.com/LEXIN-Motorcycle-Bluetooth-communication-intercomunicador/dp/B01MRO5VM3
and this
https://m.harborfreight.com/ear-muffs-94334.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided
thanks Matt for sharing!
Old 05-15-2019, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

Better?
Old 05-16-2019, 06:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Matt Piva

those look sick. Some stickers and the muffs will look sweet!! They look a lot like mine
The EFRA rule book states that the driver can only have a single ear headset so they can hear the race director so these wouldn’t be suitable at a lot of race meets. (Unless I’m wrong)
Old 05-16-2019, 07:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCSureStart

The EFRA rule book states that the driver can only have a single ear headset so they can hear the race director so these wouldn’t be suitable at a lot of race meets. (Unless I’m wrong)
Easily Solved, Cut a hole in the opposing ear side, take out the inner foam, leave the cup and cup seal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.