R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Radio and Electronics (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics-137/)
-   -   Headsets, suggestions and ROAR Rules (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/988673-headsets-suggestions-roar-rules.html)

Wendling00 05-29-2017 07:04 AM

Headsets, suggestions and ROAR Rules
 
Hi, my boy and I are signed up for the upcoming offroad fuel nationals in Fremont indiana. I would like to use some 2-way radio headsets for communications during the race to make it much easier on both of us.

Is that legal at roar races?

If so, which ones should I get?

Thank you for your time.

MX304 05-29-2017 08:11 AM

ROAR Racing

Wendling00 05-29-2017 09:05 AM


Originally Posted by MX304 (Post 14939414)

Thank you. No wonder I couldn't find it, I was looking on the site before they posted it😃

adrictan 05-29-2017 11:29 AM

https://www.rcracingcommunications.c...gle-ear-system

token 05-30-2017 01:19 PM

Funny

Frank L 05-30-2017 04:17 PM


Originally Posted by adrictan (Post 14939570)

These sets are the shizzel great pit communication and an awesome tool for coaching my son while he's practicing.

Wendling00 05-31-2017 02:47 PM


Originally Posted by Frank L (Post 14940661)
These sets are the shizzel great pit communication and an awesome tool for coaching my son while he's practicing.

I looked at those...... I was looking for a cheaper alternative but I may just have to go with them.....

GrandeGixxer 05-31-2017 03:50 PM


Originally Posted by Wendling00 (Post 14941513)
I looked at those...... I was looking for a cheaper alternative but I may just have to go with them.....

I have the same feeling. They are pricey, but I don't know that there is a cheaper but nearly equal option as of now.

cHAmpa 05-31-2017 06:50 PM


Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer (Post 14941555)
I have the same feeling. They are pricey, but I don't know that there is a cheaper but nearly equal option as of now.

There are some cheaper bluetooth options on Amazon and Ebay, looks like same technology just rebranded.

You can also use your mobile phone and a headset, a few intercom apps that you can use over bluetooth and/or mobile wifi if you are in a location where you don't get any coverage. Otherwise just use two phones with a headsets and call each other.

NITRO 540 06-01-2017 04:46 PM

Public Announcement
"Announcement: Use of Headset Type communications at the 2017 Roar Fuel Off Road 1/8 scale Nationals.

Head sets will provisionally be allowed for use during this event. The Roar Executive Committee has agreed to the following terms with the use of the head sets.

1. Radios must comply will all local and federal regulations.

2. Driver: A single ear piece or one sided head set type that is not audible to others and does not reduce the ability to hear the referees’ calls must be used.

3. Pit person: A single or double ear head set type that is not audible to others and does not reduce the ability to hear the referees’ calls must be used.

4. Radio communication can only be used while the driver is on the drivers’ stand.

5. Absolutely no 2.4GHz.

6. This policy does not apply to race officials.

Roar reserves the right to test, decline or withdraw the use of any and all communication equipment at anytime during the event.

After the conclusion of this event, this policy will be reviewed and modified if necessary.

ROAR appreciates your cooperation and understanding during the event while we all make safe and effective use of this growing technology.

cHAmpa 06-01-2017 06:44 PM


Originally Posted by NITRO 540 (Post 14942408)
Public Announcement
"Announcement: Use of Headset Type communications at the 2017 Roar Fuel Off Road 1/8 scale Nationals.

Head sets will provisionally be allowed for use during this event. The Roar Executive Committee has agreed to the following terms with the use of the head sets.

1. Radios must comply will all local and federal regulations.

2. Driver: A single ear piece or one sided head set type that is not audible to others and does not reduce the ability to hear the refereesí calls must be used.

3. Pit person: A single or double ear head set type that is not audible to others and does not reduce the ability to hear the refereesí calls must be used.

4. Radio communication can only be used while the driver is on the driversí stand.

5. Absolutely no 2.4GHz.

6. This policy does not apply to race officials.

Roar reserves the right to test, decline or withdraw the use of any and all communication equipment at anytime during the event.

After the conclusion of this event, this policy will be reviewed and modified if necessary.

ROAR appreciates your cooperation and understanding during the event while we all make safe and effective use of this growing technology.

Are there limitations with regards to how many people can be in communication with the driver?

Like some of these headsets can have 3-4 way communication, are you able to have spotters as well in communication with the driver or are these limited to just driver and pit person?

stanleyw808 06-02-2017 05:40 AM

Hello GrandeGixxer and Friends,

You could try this,

VNETPHONE V5-EU 1200M Motorcycle Bluetooth Helmet Intercom Headset for - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

I've been using this for a while and has been great.. :)

Cheers.. :)


Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer (Post 14941555)
I have the same feeling. They are pricey, but I don't know that there is a cheaper but nearly equal option as of now.


NITRO 540 06-02-2017 05:51 AM


Originally Posted by cHAmpa (Post 14942527)
Are there limitations with regards to how many people can be in communication with the driver?

Like some of these headsets can have 3-4 way communication, are you able to have spotters as well in communication with the driver or are these limited to just driver and pit person?

I believe for now.They want to keep the head set use just between the driver and pit person.

Wendling00 06-05-2017 03:18 AM


Originally Posted by stanleyw808 (Post 14942782)
Hello GrandeGixxer and Friends,

You could try this,

VNETPHONE V5-EU 1200M Motorcycle Bluetooth Helmet Intercom Headset for - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

I've been using this for a while and has been great.. :)

Cheers.. :)

Over the weekend we attended a nitro event and used Bluetooth headsets and our phones to call one another. It was better then nothing but not very clear with the nitros buzzing all around. I'm thinking something with the headset covering the ear would be a lot better, along with the mic extending in front of the mouth to hopefully eliminate more background noise.

Those look like they might have some of the same issues as the earpieces we used. Did you have any background noise issues? I certainly like the price better.

Nitro-mech 06-05-2017 06:12 AM

RC Target has these available:

RC Handsfree 2 unit Combo

RC Handsfree 3 unit Combo

RC Handsfree 4 unit Combo


All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:21 PM.

Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.3.6
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.