Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheRevolution
Plastic is fine, it would be great though if you could purchase it separately instead of having to buy the whole front bumper set! Especially since I have t-bone bumpers on mine.
FYI that the new T-Bone Racing bumper for TEN-SCTE doesnt mount to that at all anymore. I had many issues, after speaking with the owner a lot on this, they enhanced it and it looks like their new version is way more stable and you shouldnt really break their center brace piece that was in the original one. Also, no attaching to that tiny piece, so you can probably leave it out. I would probably get a new one and just screw it in so that it is there, but not doing anything
Old 02-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

The pin after this initial break was replaced. After putting a brand new insert in and a brand new hinge pin, it came out on the second lap.

I have a replacement on it's way and will use the new 1mm longer TiNi coated hinge pins which should drastically reduce the chance of this happening again.
Originally Posted by goehm
This might fix it (but make your insert permanent). Remove the plastic insert, and use some 120 to 200 grit sand paper to scuff up the aluminum around the broken area. Mix up some JBWeld and put it in the aluminum cavity. Push the insert back into the cavity (JBWeld will ooze out). Form a bit of the oozed JBWeld around the aluminum area that broke to give some structure.

Let it dry, and then trim any excess/sand it some to give it some form and make it look pretty. JBWeld is pretty good a being formed using a file/dremel/sandpaper.

At least it might save you some money, or make a real nice backup part for you.

Also - as another poster mentioned - replace your pin as it might be bent, adding to the issue.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I didn't know t-bone was making a redesigned bumper for the scte, I'll check it out, thanks!
Old 02-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mdhyams
I asked this question several pages back but no answer. I've been looking but can't find exactly what I'm looking for. What kind of shock setups are everyone using. Springs, Pistons, Bladders or bladders with foams or Immulsion setup, vented caps or not, oil, rebound.

Thanks
I'm running the arron lane setup for mounting location's, Black springs Front/Orange springs Rear, with 27.5wt Losi shock oil all the way around, I try to build them with no rebound, I leave the bladder in.

Works great for a rough, loose outdoor track, I may try differen't weight shock oil's this spring.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hacker07
Hello All, I just wanted to make you all aware of some new parts that got announced today and will be in stock shortly. I will give the description and possibly what was altered to make them better.

TLR4004 - New 7075 HA servo saver tube (tolerances are much improved at the bearing fitments)

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...ProdId=TLR4004

TLR5063/TLR5064 - Fr/Rr titanium nitride shock shafts

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...ProdId=TLR5063
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...ProdId=TLR5064

TLR6080 - Titanium Nitride hinge pins (made the inner hinge pins 1mm longer to aid with the angles we are using with these adjustable pivot supports so they do not pull out any longer)

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...ProdId=TLR6080

If you have any questions, please let me know...just an FYI though.

Sweet to have some more new option parts for this truck, I think im going to order the nitride coated shock shafts to make them even smoother then they already are. I've yet to have any issues with the Hinge pins so I'll have to pass on those.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TheRevolution
I didn't know t-bone was making a redesigned bumper for the scte, I'll check it out, thanks!
Been using the t-bone bumper for a month or so and it is great.
And it protects the front of the chassis to...
Old 02-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Bar-Kit-Ten-T

How to do you know what sizes are in this sway bar set?
Old 02-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

3 for the front 3 for the back plus the ones that came with the truck. heavy med soft three sizes
Old 02-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

how does the adjusting of the droop screws affect the handling of the truck

Thanks in advance
Old 02-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The servo saver tube will be on the must have list as it will take a lot of the slop out of the steering system.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Casper
The servo saver tube will be on the must have list as it will take a lot of the slop out of the steering system.
Amazing how the little things like this excite me so much. At 33 years old, it reminds me slightly of what it was like to be a kid and want something so bad.

Oh that and the HA ball ends that are never in stock :P
Old 02-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by LosiMadMan
I have broken one arm in that spot. As far as the bumpers go I keep breaking the piece that connects to. The small piece that holds the front shock towers on. The rear bumper keeps breaking and I'm to the point where I'm not buying another one, I'll just run with it broke. You know with this truck comming from the 8ight line on vehicles you would think they would learn something from them. I picked up my 8ight T 2.0 yesterday and it is way beefier than the miniaturized SCTE version. The SCTE is well built but there are just some wimpy parts on it that make no sense, like the rear bumper. I really don't understand the hex inserts in the diffs.
The part pictured is not the part ive been breaking its the part that, that peice connects to.Its the peice that slides off the front of the shock tower.That sits right on top of the tranny case.Has four screws that go through it to fasten the tower down. Sorry i dont have a camera to take pictures right now ryan.Hopefully you understand my description.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by LosiMadMan
Yes, yes!!! This one of the piece's I keep breaking!!!!! It should be made aluminum. 100%
Exactly! i should of read on before i reposted.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Do you have a part number for that? Im actually looking for a metal servo horn for my SCTE. However, my search has come up nil. The height of the plastic saver is much higher than the few metal horns ive seen.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by namewasdallas
Sweet to have some more new option parts for this truck, I think im going to order the nitride coated shock shafts to make them even smoother then they already are. I've yet to have any issues with the Hinge pins so I'll have to pass on those.
Yeah, the big thing there is the extra length for that rear adjustable hinge pin brace and the extreme angles we are using.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.