Search
Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Default HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Hi Guys

This thread will be used for tech support and setups for hobbywing product for off road applications .you can request software etc and talk about anything you like with r/c .

thank you for your time

regards Angelo
Old 04-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

hey I have an xezrun 80a esc. i accedentally cut the red wire right before the on off switch and then over heated the switch trying to connect it to the esc. so i just solderd the red and black togeather. so can i get a new on off switch. if i cant i dont care.
jasburrito likes this.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

can you tell me the difference between the blue vs black version XERUN 120a esc? I have the black esc V2 and its awesome.. was planning on getting another one but not sure if i should get blue or black... and also, does the blue version come with a fan?

thanks
Old 04-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by thepaulness
hey I have an xezrun 80a esc. i accedentally cut the red wire right before the on off switch and then over heated the switch trying to connect it to the esc. so i just solderd the red and black togeather. so can i get a new on off switch. if i cant i dont care.
I had a similar problem on an older ezrun 80a (the switch fell apart) I replaced it with a Novak switch, it works fine now, even the program button.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Rookie

hi there, new to the whole brushless motor lipo battery scene.

My question is this I just got a ezrun 8.5 combo to put in a sc10. from what I saw around for a similar kv motor I geared it at 21/87. well I took it out for the first time today at my local track. running a 500mah lipo I got nearly a full 30 minute run time and the motor only got warm to the touch (it was cool out in the mid fifties) and although it was about as quick as what I expect for about a 12-13 turn brushed motor I kinda had expectations of more given what I have seen and heard on the net.

from what I observed I got the feeling I could up at least a couple teeth on the pinion or down some on the spur or a little of both even maybe as high 23/84 or so. does that sound good??
Old 04-28-2011, 01:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Subscribed
Old 04-28-2011, 03:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjremote

My question is this I just got a ezrun 8.5 combo to put in a sc10. from what I saw around for a similar kv motor I geared it at 21/87. well I took it out for the first time today at my local track. running a 500mah lipo I got nearly a full 30 minute run time and the motor only got warm to the touch (it was cool out in the mid fifties) and although it was about as quick as what I expect for about a 12-13 turn brushed motor I kinda had expectations of more given what I have seen and heard on the net.

from what I observed I got the feeling I could up at least a couple teeth on the pinion or down some on the spur or a little of both even maybe as high 23/84 or so. does that sound good??
I go one of this combos as well you should gear up a couple teeth and check temperature after3-5 minutes of use.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Hi Guys

This thread will be used for tech support and setups for hobbywing product for off road applications .you can request software etc and talk about anything you like with r/c .

thank you for your time

regards Angelo
I'm glad to see you on the offroad forums too Angelo,welcome.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Sweet! Im a Hobbywing fan all day! It was my first brushless system and Ive owned countless EZ/XEruns now. There very reliable, and in my honest opinion there underated. I have pushed some of these ESC's to the extreme and never had one thermal or die on me. Heres a few testomonials...
1/18 25A EZrun in a Aquacraft hammer paired with a EZ 8.5t 3650(way to much for the ESC) motor on 3s and ran extremely hard with no water coolant at all and really no air flow under the lid. Ran hard and fast!
Same 25A paired with a EZ 5.5t in a B 4.1 on 2s and 3s. Ran hard and fast and again..Never let me down
Ive ran 3656 1900AMMO 1/8 motor on the 60A on 4s! Ran it only for a few days, but it pushed around a very heavy ALL ALUM. extended E Savage for a few hot summer days. It never broke a sweat.
Right now Im running a HPI Tork2200kv (Castle/Nue 2200) which is rated at 120A and geared high at 20/65 in my E Maxx 3903 on my RTR version 80A XErun against the suggestions of several people becouse the motors rated at 120A and geared high and it now has months of running on it and honestly was much smoother running than my MMM V3 with the same 2200kv that was in my REVO!
That ESC has been around for about a year now. Its seen several motors and several trucks. Its been bashed on hot summer days, wet, rainy spring days and buried in snow and its running as good as the day I bought it!
Same with my first brushless ESC. The EZ 60A. O the good old EZrun...lol.. I bought it used off Ebay. Its been ran now for ever! I sold it to my neighbor who probably runs his Rustler 3 times a day on 2s and 3s and its still running like new. That ESC has been through war! Its been dragged behind the truck through gravel and beat about until we knoticed it was dangling. That thing been around soooo long, seen about every thing and the fan hasnt even failed yet! Its been paired with a motor rated way to high for the ESC for ever aswell!
Hobbywing IMO is second to none!

*As for the 8.5, 60A combo. I think you can gear up. I ran the 5.5, 60A in my Speed T and had it geared 20/86 and that think smoked and the motor never got hot. So Im shure you can go up.

*Now Im wondering about the switch. I have two black RTR sensorless versions of the XERUN 80A(great ESC I moust say!) and I would love to lose the switch! But how would I calaberate the ESC?
Old 04-28-2011, 05:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Any way I can get an SC8 ESC without waiting a month on it Hong Kong? In fact it seems it's that way ith all the 1/8 ESCs. It's plenty long enough after Chinese New Year for stock to be replenished.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Driver86
Any way I can get an SC8 ESC without waiting a month on it Hong Kong? In fact it seems it's that way ith all the 1/8 ESCs. It's plenty long enough after Chinese New Year for stock to be replenished.
Shure, Kershaw Designs has them in stock right here in PA. Only $70
Old 04-28-2011, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Driver86
CKhobby.com has one in stock. Tell him I sent you. Mike is a stand up guy to deal with and is an RCtech regular
Old 04-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i love's me some hobbywing.

about 2 years ago i tried an ezrun system, i loved it and have since put a hobbywing xerun esc in everything i race.

i have a 150amp / 2250kv sensored combo on the way.

can i use the lcd card and usb cable that comes with that to update the firmware on my 60amp 1/10 xerun esc's ?
Old 04-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by THX1138_RC
I had a similar problem on an older ezrun 80a (the switch fell apart) I replaced it with a Novak switch, it works fine now, even the program button.
yah but this new one has a 3 wire switch. its vary dificult to find a novak switch with that
Old 04-28-2011, 08:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mjremote

check your timeing, i got a brand new 60a esc and it was set at 0. but usually the first thing i do after setting up the esc and running one pack is checking to make sure i have lipo cutoff, and im timed high enough.

you can go all the way up on the timeing and still have fairly good temps with the 8.5 turn motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.