Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I think the benefit of the aluminum is not only the weight, the frequency of the chassis flex is different and that makes the car different I guess. Making a compound chassis could be an option, but maybe overly complex.

The change from one chassis to the other is time consuming, but I don't think it is something that you can rally worry about. For those with 2 cars, an option is to have one with each type of chassis. For those that don't, it's a matter of making a commitment to tuning the aluminum chassis, much like they maybe committed to the carbon right now. As I always say, it is an option that gives you different tuning possibilities.

As for the tires, yes, it seemed like at first it was heating the tires a little bit more, but I raised the inner camber links to 3mm from 1mm in the rear and to 4mm from 2mm in the front and the problem went away. I guess less camber gain and a lower roll center help out.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

My dad filmed this yesterday in one of my runs. Quality could be a little better, but you can see the car getting around the track really well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=detD...ature=youtu.be
Old 04-27-2014, 04:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
My dad filmed this yesterday in one of my runs. Quality could be a little better, but you can see the car getting around the track really well.

Car looks really good, so quick through the in field
Old 04-28-2014, 11:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Car looked so good I'm getting one when the chassis come in!
Old 04-28-2014, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm really excited about getting one myself. Then I have to wait for carpet season again

I don't think any of our asphalt tracks are considered "high bite".
Old 04-28-2014, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

We'll have a carbon chassis a well. However I have a feeling the aluminum can work well on the asphalt as well.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

We'll have a carbon chassis a well. However I have a feeling the aluminum can work well on the asphalt as well.
Yeah I'm really hoping for that. Loving the idea of not having to run the entire car though a detweek process after every tap or bump.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

The more I watch this, the more I see how responsive this thing really is. Even clipping dots, the car doesn't even blink. Cristian, the work you do is amazing!
Old 04-29-2014, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default RROC Setup

Rick, Can you post your Tamiya track setup for those of us coming out to RROC, Thanks!
Old 04-30-2014, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

I think the benefit of the aluminum is not only the weight, the frequency of the chassis flex is different and that makes the car different I guess. Making a compound chassis could be an option, but maybe overly complex.

The change from one chassis to the other is time consuming, but I don't think it is something that you can rally worry about. For those with 2 cars, an option is to have one with each type of chassis. For those that don't, it's a matter of making a commitment to tuning the aluminum chassis, much like they maybe committed to the carbon right now. As I always say, it is an option that gives you different tuning possibilities.

As for the tires, yes, it seemed like at first it was heating the tires a little bit more, but I raised the inner camber links to 3mm from 1mm in the rear and to 4mm from 2mm in the front and the problem went away. I guess less camber gain and a lower roll center help out.
I may have missed this but the aluminum chassis is for the TC6.2 and not just for your own RSD car? Do you have a release date you are aiming for?
Old 04-30-2014, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

It's just the aluminum chasssis. We also have a carbon one on the way. Both are designed to allow for more natural roll and pitch over the original unit. The parts should be ready tonship inside of 2 weeks.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

Default Roll Center

It's just the aluminum chasssis. We also have a carbon one on the way. Both are designed to allow for more natural roll and pitch over the original unit. The parts should be ready tonship inside of 2 weeks.
What shims are you using for the roll center? Does the chassis need a higher roll center than the carbon chassis?
Old 04-30-2014, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Currently I am running 0.5mm under the front mounts and 1.0 under the rear mounts.

I have not seen a need to change much from the carbon set up. However, with the chassis being 2.0mm instead of 2.25, the suspension mounts are automatically 0.25mm lower.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:16 AM
Tech Regular

Currently I am running 0.5mm under the front mounts and 1.0 under the rear mounts.

I have not seen a need to change much from the carbon set up. However, with the chassis being 2.0mm instead of 2.25, the suspension mounts are automatically 0.25mm lower.
Chassis ordered, really looking forward to trying it...
Old 05-02-2014, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

I'm curious how you'd set this chassis up for med grip asphalt. I have my stock carbon chassis setup up with 3mm of shim all around. Curious how the aluminum chassis would react with that much shim.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.