Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 12:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Those are our own. Still playing with heights and braces before we release them.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Those are our own. Still playing with heights and braces before we release them.
Really like that. I have a bit of slop in my steering rack I have to shim out.

Wait a second, what servo saver is that?
Old 04-26-2014, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

XRAY
Old 04-26-2014, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

XRAY
^%#$@#% out of stock. Hehe. I gotta pay attention to the Xray parts more.

I reeeally want to try out that chassis. Pre ordering that puppy. I guess the servo mount has to wait to be installed until the steering rack is released correct?
Old 04-26-2014, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Not at all. Just put screws directly into the stock posts with the aluminum spacers installed.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Not at all. Just put screws directly into the stock posts with the aluminum spacers installed.
Ahh ok. Wasn't sure, with the posts being as long as they are, if they would have too much pressure and start leaning back and forth.

Thanks Cristian!

Edt: Thinking about it, post length wouldn't have anything to do with it as long as the arms were at the same height.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

@Christian: is there a chance that the aluminium chassis comes in dark grey anodization (I would gladly pay for the look ) How cool this thing will look with your logo on it! And one more thing: why are the cuts for the diff pulleys asymetric?
Old 04-26-2014, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

We are planning on the chassis being either hard anodized in color (is this what you want?) or black with a silver edge. What would you guys prefer?

The cut outs is something we are playing with. More than likely the production will have full sized holes.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

We are planning on the chassis being either hard anodized in color (is this what you want?) or black with a silver edge. What would you guys prefer?

The cut outs is something we are playing with. More than likely the production will have full sized holes.
Black with a silver edge would look fantastic. Black with an AE blue edge would look good too, but anodizing it like that would probably be a tad expensive.

On a side note, what's your opinion on the R1Wurks 21.5T motors? Are they as good as the 17.5's?
Old 04-26-2014, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

We'll see what we can do for the finish on the chassis.

As for the R1 motors, I have not gotten to try the 21.5. motors, might be better to try on that forum. I do know that I like the 13.5 a lot.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:09 AM
Tech Elite

Great!
I would love to see a medium - dark grey chassis (+silver edges).

Black with silver edges for sure will look good too, but seems to be part of the corporate design of Reedy and Schumacher, while black is also the colour of choice of many other option part companies (Zeppin, Exotek, ...).
Old 04-27-2014, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Our color has always been black too!

While the chassis are being cut right now, we still have to discuss the finish with them. The advantage of hard anodizing is more wear resistance and hardening, which allows us to lighten the chassis slightly more.

I had a fantastic day of testing with it. Even though our track was not "prime" yesterday, I was finally able to match the pace of my Yokomo with it in 17.5. I have always been about .15 seconds faster with the Yokomo on this layout. I can say that is finally not the case. So for me, this chassis has made the car faster around the track. I think that on a day that the track has more traffic and higher grip, it might actually be capable of up to a tenth faster lap.

I really like the feel of the weight down low. The car seems to transition faster left to right. It is also awesome over corner dots, when you tap them, the car just stomps the tires down on the track and keeps going. It's actually kinda cool to see it!

I do a lot of the testing with 17.5 because it is what most people run and also really allows the car to be pushed constantly around the track. With limited power, I feel that your set up has to be very spot on to have the combination of corner speed, stability and traction.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Our color has always been black too!

While the chassis are being cut right now, we still have to discuss the finish with them. The advantage of hard anodizing is more wear resistance and hardening, which allows us to lighten the chassis slightly more.

I had a fantastic day of testing with it. Even though our track was not "prime" yesterday, I was finally able to match the pace of my Yokomo with it in 17.5. I have always been about .15 seconds faster with the Yokomo on this layout. I can say that is finally not the case. So for me, this chassis has made the car faster around the track. I think that on a day that the track has more traffic and higher grip, it might actually be capable of up to a tenth faster lap.

I really like the feel of the weight down low. The car seems to transition faster left to right. It is also awesome over corner dots, when you tap them, the car just stomps the tires down on the track and keeps going. It's actually kinda cool to see it!

I do a lot of the testing with 17.5 because it is what most people run and also really allows the car to be pushed constantly around the track. With limited power, I feel that your set up has to be very spot on to have the combination of corner speed, stability and traction.
Should I assume your using the aluminum chassis. How did the new cf chassis compare? Also what tire are you using?
Old 04-27-2014, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

The testing with the carbon chassis has not started yet. First is the aluminum as there was more to explore with it. The lap times are faster and more consistent with our aluminum chassis than with the stock unit. We run Sorex 28 tires at my track.

I had a buddy that has a TC6.2 that is always set up well, drive my car. He commented on how much more bite my car was making over his. He was also on much newer tires than me. That was some really nice feedback as his car always seemed to drive really well when I would take the wheel.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Wow! I never saw you writing this enthusiastic. I like that. Gaining one full tenth on a well known track with an already good setup is a lot!

While we are speaking about the chassis: Yesterday I was on a newly paved outdoor track. Of course a lot of Xray guys were there racing with Ride tires. One of them just switched to an aluminum chassis and liked the way it changed the response of the car. He complained just one thing: Since the switch the tire wear was much higher.
Did you check your tires afterwards? How did they wear, did they heat up stronger than with the standard chassis? I think this question is important for all the summer events and stock classes.
Edit: One thing suddenly came to my mind. If we as drivers have the option to switch between chassis, the change itself will cost a lot of time, because we would have to rip off the esc, receiver, balanceweights, fan and transponder. Maybe you can extend your chassis idea with a clever option part to make the life of the dedicated racer easier

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.