Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Does anyone have a good starting set-up for a dusty parking lot?
Old 02-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

try some crc carpet on top and that will be all u need ...kidding I think u can use the same setup's u find here but a bit more ride height and type A's
Old 02-14-2007, 03:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minimanintaiwan
We have these knockoffs in Taiwan! Costs about $25US.
Is there a link were to get these bodys?
Old 02-14-2007, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

I am considering a mini mo3 or mo4 for tcs racing, and I see that there is a mo3r coming from Tamiya. However it has plastic clear shocks, no cvds ball diff nor anti roll bars. Would it be wiser to build up an mo4 with the above hop ups?

I this mo3r really worth it?
Old 02-14-2007, 07:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Static_racing
Does anyone have a good starting set-up for a dusty parking lot?
Push broom

Last edited by RaceBucks; 02-14-2007 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

My club started a Tamiya Mini race series and almost all of the racers are running the M-03. We do have one racer with a M-04M but he's having severe handling problems that have not been resolved. So far the M-03 cars are dominating.

I have two M-03 cars, one with lots of upgrades and another basically box stock. I ran my box stock version last night at a club race to TQ and win the A-main. The only changes made were to add full ball bearings, insertion of 4mm spacers inside the stock friction shocks to lower ride height, RP30 tires and inserts, HPI VW Beetle body and Tamiya universals. Everything else is completely stock. The car handled like it was on rails and seemed to work better for me than my upgraded car.

My upgraded car has Tamiya Super Mini CVA oil shocks, Tamiya short springs (blue front, red rear), Tamiya black sway bars front & back, 3Racing graphite shock tower braces, Xspede alloy steering knuckles, Tamiya light weight kingpins, Tamiya motor heat sink, full bearings, another HPI VW Beetle body, Tamiya CVD's. I use the same RP30 tires on this car.

Box Stock Mini
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...M-03/BB_10.jpg

Upgraded Mini
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-03/Beetle.jpg

Originally Posted by nagatahawk
I am considering a mini mo3 or mo4 for tcs racing, and I see that there is a mo3r coming from Tamiya. However it has plastic clear shocks, no cvds ball diff nor anti roll bars. Would it be wiser to build up an mo4 with the above hop ups?

Last edited by SteveM; 02-14-2007 at 11:45 AM.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by zipper
Is there a link were to get these bodys?
the originals from Chevron models, but as noted in previous posts "out of stock"
http://www.chevronmodels.com/

These knockoffs were made for that race alone you see in the pics i posted. The shop here in Taipei has a website but It's all in Chinese and they don't do mail order to overseas. Another member here has asked me to send some over to him in Canada. I'm pricing shipping costs now. PM me if you want a similar arrangement.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by SteveM
My club started a Tamiya Mini race series and almost all of the racers are running the M-03. We do have one racer with a M-04M but he's having severe handling problems that have not been resolved. So far the M-03 cars are dominating.

I have two M-03 cars, one with lots of upgrades and another basically box stock. I ran my box stock version last night at a club race to TQ and win the A-main. The only changes made were to add full ball bearings, insertion of 4mm spacers inside the stock friction shocks to lower ride height, RP30 tires and inserts, HPI VW Beetle body and Tamiya universals. Everything else is completely stock. The car handled like it was on rails and seemed to work better for me than my upgraded car.

My upgraded car has Tamiya Super Mini CVA oil shocks, Tamiya short springs (blue front, red rear), black sway bars front & back, 3Racing graphite shock tower braces, Xspede alloy steering knuckles, light weight kingpins, full bearings, another HPI VW Beetle body, Tamiya CVD's. I use the same RP30 tires on this car.

Box Stock Mini
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...M-03/BB_10.jpg

Upgraded Mini
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-03/Beetle.jpg

UM, Steve, our rules state only Tamiya hop up parts. If you run the green one again, it should be RCO legal bud.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Post mini VW

check out this VW van ...some ice u think ?
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-showlettervan.jpg  
Old 02-14-2007, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Cool
Old 02-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wallyburger
Does anyone know off hand if anyone ever made one of these in lexan to fit a mini?
Tamiya Willy Wheeler. - I believe these were hard plastic.

I have one of those.... the body is too wide for a mini (I think) I don't have my mini here to measure but I have my Wheeler here (I'm in NYC helping my mom out... I live in Cali) and its pretty wide....
Old 02-14-2007, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nagatahawk

I think the kit will be worth it, I'm hearing that it will be about $100 more than a standard kit. with the hubs, bearings and shocks I think it will be well worth it.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:11 AM
Tech Champion

The XSpede steering arms were just recently installed and I have not raced with them so no need to worry Dave. I ran my blue mini last race which was 100% box stock and I even used the friction shocks with the stock springs. The body and tires were not Tamiya, but that is permitted per the RCO rules. I managed 27 laps in 6:11 to TQ for the night and ran 27 laps in 6:05 for the A-main win. Overall, the box stock car ran better for me anyway.

Originally Posted by Bodywerx
UM, Steve, our rules state only Tamiya hop up parts. If you run the green one again, it should be RCO legal bud.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by SteveM
The XSpede steering arms were just recently installed and I have not raced with them so no need to worry Dave. I ran my blue mini last race which was 100% box stock and I even used the friction shocks with the stock springs. The body and tires were not Tamiya, but that is permitted per the RCO rules. I managed 27 laps in 6:11 to TQ for the night and ran 27 laps in 6:05 for the A-main win. Overall, the box stock car ran better for me anyway.
I knew that, about the green car. Ya, I am thinking to move back to more "stock" parts to see the dirfference. Did you run the sway bars on the BB(Blue Bomb)?

Was it the same track layout as the last 3 times?
Old 02-15-2007, 05:46 AM
Tech Champion

I ran the Blue Bomber as stock as it gets, no sway bars and no oil shocks. It worked surprisingly well all things considered. The track layout was the same as before.

Originally Posted by Bodywerx
I knew that, about the green car. Ya, I am thinking to move back to more "stock" parts to see the dirfference. Did you run the sway bars on the BB(Blue Bomb)?

Was it the same track layout as the last 3 times?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.